ADVERTISEMENT

Randolph County Football

Prediction: Top three Randolph county teams

1. Wheatmore
2. Randleman
3. Asheboro
Sir I have to as always admire your loyalty to the upstart BOOM (that is still irritating) school...
Wheat may, after looking at schedule, start off again with a fine record and your order may be correct...
However the RB who single handedly beat a few teams last year, including ER in a closer than expected 15-14 affair, graduated correct?

PAC7 conference will decide order of your top three...
Might even have a green/gold team jump in there...
I did say might now. :)

Eastern randolph football will be back this year. They'll be ups and downs and growing pains but they'll be back in contention with the best of them.

Where's everybody at these days? Not a lot of excitement like there use to be. The PAC 6 is looking like a pretty strong conference overall and a lot of good teams in the county. I figured there would be more interest and chatter but maybe those days are gone.

Where's everybody at these days? Not a lot of excitement like there use to be. The PAC 6 is looking like a pretty strong conference overall and a lot of good teams in the county. I figured there would be more interest and chatter but maybe those days are gone.
Here.

Not many of us around. Orange and blue team not well represented by posters.

Think Wheat only has one (see above).

And, like me sometimes, I think you forgot it is PAC 7 now. :)

Yep totally forgot its pac 7 now. Starting to look like old times again back at Eastern Randolph. Stands are full. 50+ on the scoreboard. Prolific offense. We'll see what happens as the year goes on.

Oct 26 in Ramseur is the only thing standing in the way of Eastern Randolph being unbeaten, if they play like they are capable. And that night will send the universe back into its proper place, and let the Tigers know once again who the real Cats are.

Oct 26 in Ramseur is the only thing standing in the way of Eastern Randolph being unbeaten, if they play like they are capable. And that night will send the universe back into its proper place, and let the Tigers know once again who the real Cats are.
Uh...

Maybe.

Yep totally forgot its pac 7 now. Starting to look like old times again back at Eastern Randolph. Stands are full. 50+ on the scoreboard. Prolific offense. We'll see what happens as the year goes on.
As I have said before, offense is the difference this year.

Defense is similar as it was last year. The difference being they don't have to stay on the field majority of game and have not had to defend short fields very often.

Not putting a damper on season so far, very happy for the boys who had to go through last year, but the best team they have played is Rockingham County.

Wheatmore can't tell because their schedule has not been challenging. (Should have beaten them last year). Trinity same story. Andrews? Who knows (Should have won that game last year as well) PG lost QB for year. And JM is well JM.

I'll be there watching at every home game. As I said above really happy for the returnees from last year.

Orange/blue team will be an interesting matchup.

Uh...

Maybe.

If Eastern plays to the way they are capable I will stand by my statement. And the Randleman game will determine the league champion. They should be favored in every game the rest of the year, not including the Randleman game, which is basically a toss up at this point.

Well guys what we thinking? Eastern randolph has totally obliterated a few teams and struggled against some others Wheatmore has looked pretty good all season and lost a couple good games. I feel like if eastern is firing on all cylinders they'll be pretty tough to beat but the tape from Providence Grove and Andrews is out and the offense was all but shut down for most of those games. The next couple weeks will decide the conference

Wheatmore is always deceiving nowadays because of their cupcake schedule. I still don't believe they're really good, just better than average. Far from the best team in RC lol.

Wheatmore up 7-0 at the half. Easterns offense has been non existant in weeks. Hope they fire it up in the second half.

Eastern randolph got absolutely abused and manhandled in every facet of the game.

Hello. I get to eat crow tonight. Randleman still rules the county though. Which is where most of my family lives.

Randleman must be a heck of a team. Haven't seen them play this year but wheatmore looked like grade a playoff material tonight. They big and strong and did anything and everything they wanted to. To me Eastern has been trending this way since the Providence Grove game. Weak schedule, weak opponents, and every time they face some resistance it's been tight. Tonight they faced it and at only 7-0 at the half they came totally unglued. Don't believe they advanced the ball past midfield except on a turnover and not sure they had more than a few first downs. Eastern Randolph may very well finish 3rd in the conference.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Well based off the recent developments the past few weeks what do we think about the Eastern vs Randleman game? I don't think Easterns got the D to get it done anymore, maybe not the offense either. I could see a 40-30 shootout kind of game but I could also see Randleman up 40-0 at halftime. Will be interesting to see how Eastern rebounds though after a little adversity.

Reactions: Csmoove76
Randleman 9-0
Wheatmore 7-1
Eastern Randolph 8-1
SW Randolph 2-7
Providence Grove 4-4
Trinity 5-4
Asheboro 0-10

Well based off the recent developments the past few weeks what do we think about the Eastern vs Randleman game? I don't think Easterns got the D to get it done anymore, maybe not the offense either. I could see a 40-30 shootout kind of game but I could also see Randleman up 40-0 at halftime. Will be interesting to see how Eastern rebounds though after a little adversity.

Smallest team on defense that I’ve seen ER have. Wheatmore exploited that.

OK guys ER is 8-1.

Schedule may have something to do with that but if you look at Wheat and orange/blue team's theirs are very similar. Only outlier is Ledford an orange/blue slate.

Truth be told ER defense is undersized however until last week had held their own. Last week turnovers and shorter fields along with being out there all night took its toll (two safeties didn't help in final score either).

ER may end up 3rd in conference (Wheat still has Andrews and gritty PG left) but the stands have filled back up again. Shoot I can't even stretch my legs across two rows of bleachers anymore...

Burton has done a great job in year 1, and ER has a good record, but most of us here have seen enough high quality high school football through the years to know that they aren't a very good team, but frankly mediocre at best. Their schedule is the sole reason they are 8-1. again it is not a knock on the kids or the coaches as they are playing who is in front of them.

I really don't see Eastern Randolph getting Randleman, but stranger things have happened
Would be interesting if they do
That would set up a 3 way tie for the PAC 7 champs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT