ADVERTISEMENT

Raiders continue to get screwed in the AP Top 10

Why do you care what the voters think? There's only 2 poles that matter---
The final one-at the end of the year, and the ones scantily clad pretty girls use on stage.
Hilarious. RC will be just fine. They run the table they will be ranked #1 in the state by most accounts.

The AP poll no longer has any relevance or value. It is voted on mostly by writers who only see the team or teams in their immediate area play. They have to take someone else's opinion on how good teams from other areas are.

This is not intended to disparage newspaper writers, they have a job to do and they do it. I would do no better since I too only see one team and their opponents play unless I get an open week and then I usually try to see the best available matchup for that week. HUDL could help alleviate that problem if one cared to do the research.

Relevance could be the issue.....? 1 in 17 years...

1 4A title in 17 years is equal to or better than the following programs currently ranked above Richmond...

1. Wake Forest (10) (7-0) 138 2 (0 titles)
2. Scotland County (3) (8-0) 134 3 (1 title)
3. Charlotte Catholic (1) (7-0) 112 4 (0 titles in 4A)
4. East Forsyth (7-0) 85 6 (0 titles)
5. Southern Pines Pinecrest (7-0) 83 5 (0 titles)
6. Kannapolis Brown (7-0) 62 7 (0 titles in 4A)
8. Apex Middle Creek (8-0) 46 8 (0 titles)
9. Greensboro Dudley (6-1) 34 9 (1 title in 4A)
10. Cornelius Hough (6-1) 18 NR (0 titles)

So, using your logic (relevancy being based on state titles won), then Richmond should be ranked #3 in the state behind Mallard Creek (2 titles) and Butler (3 titles). Seriously, what sense does that even make?

So, using your logic (relevancy being based on state titles won), then Richmond should be ranked #3 in the state behind Mallard Creek (2 titles) and Butler (3 titles). Seriously, what sense does that even make?

Not titles...appearances....and '08 was a while ago.

And you must be pretty fired up Jokie...when is the last time Butler was not in the AP top 10? I'll take pumpkin pie since it's this month's flavor.

Just a poll. Doesn't matter. As I stated last week, it's nice being under the radar. Takes some of the pressure off the kids also.

Playing a schedule with a cumulative win/loss record of 21-32, including 6-2 Butler and 6-1 Dudley, could have something to do with it.

Nothing wrong with being under the radar. As a life long Scot i wish they would rank us like 9th. The kids read that crap to. We decide our championships on the field. Thank God!..Good luck to all sec teams this year.

It was a lot more recent than Shelby's last 4A state title appearance.

Of course...the only thing Jokie can fire back with....and when was Butler's last D2 title appearance? Man.....no Butler in the AP top 10....probably got those panties all wadded up. Who is #1 in 2A (tied) and 3A? Since those schools are only 3 miles apart lets combine them to get an equivalent 4A school to Butler....will call it Shest....you want a piece of that.....would own 4A for eternity.....and you know it.

This should be the last week for Butler's suspensions, which means next week they should be back at full strength and will be right back knee-deep in the 4AA title discussion.

No wadded panties here, this is the best Butler team since 2012. This could be a fun playoffs watching this group.

This should be the last week for Butler's suspensions, which means next week they should be back at full strength and will be right back knee-deep in the 4AA title discussion.

No wadded panties here, this is the best Butler team since 2012. This could be a fun playoffs watching this group.

Honestly...I hope you guys do great! All preseason and through the first several weeks it was MC this and MC that...MC could beat college teams...now they have 2 losses...wouldn't mind seeing you guys give them #3 and an exit from the playoffs. Just keep beating up RC.....that magic train is gone....

It must be sad that all your pride in life is dedicated to a 1998 state championship and high school football. What a loser. Go back to your trailer in your 86 mustang GT and relive the glory days. LOL

It must be sad that all your pride in life is dedicated to a 1998 state championship and high school football. What a loser. Go back to your trailer in your 86 mustang GT and relive the glory days. LOL

Lol......seriously....lol. I'll just throw it out there that I went to 4 years of undergrad and 4 years of graduate school. This stuff is just a hobby to pass the time between patients...dental magazines get old after a while.....now the 86 mustang.....I'd rather have a Corvette Stingray!

So basically this was just another Raiders get no respect thread... Thanks!

Lol......seriously....lol. I'll just throw it out there that I went to 4 years of undergrad and 4 years of graduate school. This stuff is just a hobby to pass the time between patients...dental magazines get old after a while.....now the 86 mustang.....I'd rather have a Corvette Stingray!

So you are a dentist?

Of course...the only thing Jokie can fire back with....and when was Butler's last D2 title appearance? Man.....no Butler in the AP top 10....probably got those panties all wadded up. Who is #1 in 2A (tied) and 3A? Since those schools are only 3 miles apart lets combine them to get an equivalent 4A school to Butler....will call it Shest....you want a piece of that.....would own 4A for eternity.....and you know it.

I bet Hokie doesn't get on the D2 forums and talk about how dominate they would be at that level either.

98' Champion.....you are quite a fan for Shelby.You said if Shelby and Crest merge, would own 4A for eternity. That is not true. There are teams that won state title in 4A that was awesome. Independence teams during that streak have Chris Leak, Cox those great WR's which were all D1 players would take care of Shelby/Crest and there are other teams like Butler and Mallard Creek (not last year) would take care of business. Chris Leak won State title and NCAA Champion! Have Shelby QB done that? NOPE!

Like MANY posters said, stay on 2A board and be a happy BIG fish in little pond. I don't see Mallard Creek, Butler, EF, Richmond, Page and New Bern fans get on 2A board and try to act like you. GEEZ.....You must want attention all the time. Sure the teams in Charlotte will change power from one HS to another which is normal. Charlotte is a growing city and Shelby will not get new HS for years. When new HS built in Clt area, the power shift will change due to districts boundary lines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT