ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Shelby fans

He’s deciding between Stanford, UNC, and VT, and in my opinion, it’s Virginia Tech on top, followed by Stanford, and UNC.

Reactions: my_2cents
Any of those schools would be an awesome choice. Imagine getting a degree from Stanford?? Imagine the pregame hype and running out of the tunnel to Enter Sandman at VT??

Appears a Stanford visit coming up. He and the family have been out for a game and other visits.

Reactions: my_2cents
A FREE STANFORD EDUCATION:eek: yes please. That's 250 k for 4 years. But man you better be ready to do tons of school work to go along with the football work.

A FREE STANFORD EDUCATION:eek: yes please. That's 250 k for 4 years. But man you better be ready to do tons of school work to go along with the football work.

He has a brother that has three more years of high school football. That will make it tough on the family to see both of them play all there games. Shelby Friday night. Earliest flight possible out Saturday morning and catch the game as long as it later in the day or evening. Back home Sunday or Monday. Brother will not be able to make many of those. Does this draw him closer to home? Man, I wish I had his problems!

Reading an article the other day where they interviewed Dax... I found it refreshing that he (apparently from the article) doesn't have dollar signs and an NFL contract front and center and he said in regards to his college choice he really wants the educational piece to be of upmost importance and that he would like to be a dentist... With that said, of the three, which one shall he choose...... ??? Should be interesting...

Heck of a ball player, even better student.... He shall succeed whichever direction he chooses with that proper mindset....

Been fun watching him these last four years.... Just not going to be the same not seeing #44 patrolling the middle of the field....

Reminds me of Mike Morton a bit. If he has that career it will be impressive.

Morton played on Kannapolis AL Brown state champion.
All state and Shrine Bowl selection.
Morehead Scholar at UNC.
Captain of the football team. Letter in baseball, also.
Seven years in the NFL.
Played in a Super Bowl and won a ring.
Dental school. Opened dental practice in his hometown.
Worked his way up to FBS referee starting with high school JV.

Reactions: 84k
Reading an article the other day where they interviewed Dax... I found it refreshing that he (apparently from the article) doesn't have dollar signs and an NFL contract front and center and he said in regards to his college choice he really wants the educational piece to be of upmost importance and that he would like to be a dentist... With that said, of the three, which one shall he choose...... ??? Should be interesting...

Heck of a ball player, even better student.... He shall succeed whichever direction he chooses with that proper mindset....

Been fun watching him these last four years.... Just not going to be the same not seeing #44 patrolling the middle of the field....
How about if his brother switches numbers and positions?? I was impressed with Jack in the regional final for being a freshman

It's his decision along with his parents but if the kid want to be a Dentist in the future then Stanford would be the #1 choice,a good environment and campus,some of the top professors in the world visited Stanford when my niece got her Master Degree for free in Mechanical Engineering a beautiful campus and nice weather. Could start right away I know another kid that played four years at DB at Stanford came from a good program but not like Shelby he was a good DB in high school also ran track but didn't have Dax numbers coming out of high school.

That's stupid,if he plays closer you can go see him play and watch everyone of his games on tv.Also if it was your son would you not want to go as much as possible.

If it's better or his career after college it's not stupid. It doesn't make sense for a player to choose based on what we as fans want or our personal convenience. If they have his major and its better for him as a student/athlete he should go.

Alot of kids do not want to stay close to where they grew up or went to high school. I think in alot of cases it's beneficial for them to live somewhere completely different for a while. It's also a part of getting a well rounded life education.

I believe I read somewhere that Stanford has some kind of attractive tuition program based on their billion dollar endowment fund. Some get free tuition, even if they dont play a sport, but I am not sure. If this is true that will give them a recruiting advantage for sure. In FCS starting next year WCU will be able to offer 500 per semester tuition for instate students which could theoretically positively impact their recruiting efforts as well.

Stanford, like the Ivy League schools, has a huge endowment. Tuition and living costs are not an issue if you are admitted. At Harvard if a single parent of one or more children makes less than about $72k a year the student would have no cost other than spending money. A government grant would provide more funds.

The Ivy League schools, unlike Stanford, do not provide athletic scholarships. There are NCAA regulations regarding additional non athletic funds to students on athletic scholarships.

The Mallard Creek fans are hollering that they have a few open dates and are having trouble filling them. Will Shelby lend them an ear or allow the opportunity to pass by?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT