ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Ms.King

ruleman77

Jul 27, 2016
The 3 state championship games that Mallard Creek won do they have to give the conference any money at all, or do they keep all of it.

When 3 Championships are won(as in this case) money should be divided among the conference schools through out the NCHSAA revenue sharing program - if there is such a thing!

The NCHSAA "should" collect a good amount of its money gained and share it with member schools, but still, the few hundreds, maybe thousand dollars or so would not or is not nearly enough to fund an athletic department, but just enough to keep athletes in NC from participating in one more donut selling fundraiser.

The more classification, the bigger the money pool. But I have noticed attendance mostly declines, with expectations by the fans to see the same team year after year turns off fans, and also turns off interest at other schools.

-The more fans - the more classification
-the more classification - the more money can be collected at the Championship to "fund" specially the schools in need

In conclusion: If you build "interest", you build fans. Once this happens, it will speak for itself

--Execute-->

-S2V

Last edited:
When 3 Championships are won(as in this case) money should be divided among the conference schools through out the NCHSAA revenue sharing program - if there is such a thing!

The NCHSAA "should" collect a good amount of its money gained and share it with member schools, but still, the few hundreds, maybe thousand dollars or so would not or is not nearly enough to fund an athletic department, but just enough to keep athletes in NC from participating in one more donut selling fundraiser.

The more classification, the bigger the money pool. But I have noticed attendance mostly declines, with expectations by the fans to see the same team year after year turns off fans, and also turns off interest at other schools.

-The more fans
-the more classification - the more money can be collected at the Championship to "fund" specially the schools in need

In conclusion: If you build "interest", you build fans. Once this happens, it will speak for itself

--Execute-->

-S2V
Thank u very, very, much.

Reactions: swett2victory
My first reply was based on what I knew of Florida as I was growing up. Do they still do it - I do not know.
Do they do it here in NC - I do not know(They should)

To me, in order to develop into a revenue machine - the program must turn into a winning machine. Consistent means everything in anything we do in life, and victories mean more season tickets, more fans, more support and lucrative playoff chances. Once there then the Championship arrives and the revenue stacks up. Again, you must have a great amount of classifications.

What code, regulation, or law states this?

I have never heard of conferences sharing playoff money.

I would think a conference could vote this payout in but do not see how a school could be forced to participate.

Schools do not join a conference agreeing to that conference's rules as they do in college but are placed in a conference.

I would think a conference could vote this payout in but do not see how a school could be forced to participate.

Schools do not join a conference agreeing to that conference's rules as they do in college but are placed in a conference.

Schools do not share playoff money with their fellow conference members.

So then is this just an opinion or a fact out of a book of regulations?
If there is such a code, regulation, or law, then where can I find this on line?

I like to see things written in black in white before I can trust this advertisement

---------------------------------------------
-Right now, I am stating my facts based on what I remember growing up in Florida
-You are stating this off your opinion
----------------------------------------------

No one else is coming on the net and responding to the question

Last edited:

WSFCS are required to share gates when 2 system teams are playing each other.

So then is this just an opinion or a fact out of a book of regulations?
If there is such a code, regulation, or law, then where can I find this on line?

I like to see things written in black in white before I can trust this advertisement

-Right now, I am stating my facts based on what I remember growing up in Florida

No one else is coming on the net and responding to the question

Btango is correct.

What code, regulation, or law states this?

I know of no code, regulation, or law stating that conference members do share.

If sharing playoff proceeds with fellow conference members were a regulation it would be in the manual. That is a big deal. If it is not, there most likely will not be a section covering that doing so is not required.

Never known of this being done in NC.

Last edited:
WSFCS are required to share gates when 2 system teams are playing each other.

Your post would appear to be regarding regular season games because in the playoffs the visiting team gets a share of the gate per the NCHSAA guidelines. The home team completes a form that has the breakdown and cuts the checks to each entity requiring payment. The visitors get a cut of the net gate plus a set payment per mile and meal money depending on the trip distance.

What you "remember" from decades ago when you were a kid in a state that does some things much differently than NC.

Mine is not opinion but based on first hand knowledge of having involvement with teams that won multiple state football titles and being around high school sports in NC for thirty years.

Your post would appear to be regarding regular season games because in the playoffs the visiting team gets a share of the gate per the NCHSAA guidelines. The home team completes a form that has the breakdown and cuts the checks to each entity requiring payment. The visitors get a cut of the net gate plus a set payment per mile and meal money depending on the trip distance.
Btango, this is my understanding as well. The two teams playing each get a percentage of the net gate plus the traveling team gets a mileage and meal payment. The NCHSAA also gets a percentage. The Association's percentage increases as the playoffs go into later rounds.I know of no rule where the conference teams get a share of the playoff money. During the regular season it is my understanding that the home team keeps all of the gate unless their is an agreement to share. Some years back Scotland had a very low money season due to the fact that the teams they played that year did not bring a lot of fans. Richmond agreed to split their gate that year and Scotland split theirs the following year. Hard to believe that these two would share anything. However they are like siblings. They fight all the time but really love each other. Am I not right about this Go Scots?

Yes, should have made that more clear, regular season games.

OK OK OK I GIVE UP

Thanks for input Sportsnut and Btango

guzman_wide-63563d425fb8b2553fdd6b77d71e37f60eb534e9.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT