ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Deanna....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadpoolX

Aug 14, 2018
Over Thanksgiving I was around several folks with ties to prominent high school programs in North Carolina. The issue of social media, i.e. internet, twitter, Facebook etc... came up. NCPreps was a hot topic. The fact that you support UNC-Chapel Hill openly and adamantly was concerning as you could be a "secondary" contact when it comes to recruits. As the operator of the most visited site for high school football in North Carolina and the one that promotes the athletes to get to the next level, do you think it's sending a biased message to the other college coaches in North Carolina that you are such a huge UNC-Chapel Hill supporter? You are on the front lines of access to the players, access to their college lists and operate a website that gives them maximum exposure. I'm asking a serious question. Do you think your allegiance to the UNC-Chapel Hill program ever comes into play when you are talking to coaches or players. And before you answer you should seriously think about that question. It was discussed at length. Someone with your connections and reach should be unbiased and neutral. Across the board. This is not meant to be a jab or attack. I am asking a serious question that I feel should be answered. You have unlimited access to all the high school athletes and with you being such a dedicated fan and operate the gateway for the players in NC I think it's a legitimate question. Thank you in advance and I hope this doesn't offend you. Remember, there are more colleges than just UNC-Chapel Hill, App. State and Wake Forest in North Carolina.

Over Thanksgiving I was around several folks with ties to prominent high school programs in North Carolina. The issue of social media, i.e. internet, twitter, Facebook etc... came up. NCPreps was a hot topic. The fact that you support UNC-Chapel Hill openly and adamantly was concerning as you could be a "secondary" contact when it comes to recruits. As the operator of the most visited site for high school football in North Carolina and the one that promotes the athletes to get to the next level, do you think it's sending a biased message to the other college coaches in North Carolina that you are such a huge UNC-Chapel Hill supporter? You are on the front lines of access to the players, access to their college lists and operate a website that gives them maximum exposure. I'm asking a serious question. Do you think your allegiance to the UNC-Chapel Hill program ever comes into play when you are talking to coaches or players. And before you answer you should seriously think about that question. It was discussed at length. Someone with your connections and reach should be unbiased and neutral. Across the board. This is not meant to be a jab or attack. I am asking a serious question that I feel should be answered. You have unlimited access to all the high school athletes and with you being such a dedicated fan and operate the gateway for the players in NC I think it's a legitimate question. Thank you in advance and I hope this doesn't offend you. Remember, there are more colleges than just UNC-Chapel Hill, App. State and Wake Forest in North Carolina.

200.gif

Are you drunk or in a turkey coma?

No... I'm not trying to make this a joke. I am asking a serious question. The #1 site for high school football is NCPREPS. It always has been. Social media has changed the way things are done.

Mack Brown wants the job, not sure what I would think of that if I were a Heels fan. He is a Tar Heel legend but his last couple of years at Texas did not go well.

Last edited:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
— ABRAHAM LINCOLN

All I know to say about this thread

I respect you ESOD... You are a great contributor. But, to consider me a fool for asking is questionable. The days of the NC Football Report are gone. Everything is online. Social media has changed the game. Going to Concord or where ever the guide was sold is no longer. Having a voice that covers the state in seconds means a lot. Holding the key to a door with a jersey on means something. I'm disappointed that you would consider that to be a fool's question. Recruiting is an exact science when it comes to access to recruits. Look it up.

You obviously don’t know me that well to know I’m a professional. I don’t mix personal stuff with my job. I have covered athletes recruitment from small D3 schools to the elite Power 5.

The last recruiting announcement I attended was Wendell Moore, who chose Duke basketball.

I guess I don’t understand what your question is. I am not a scout so I don’t help kids get scholarships. I cover their recruitment...that’s a big difference.

I could care less what school a kid picks. I’ve been to events where the kid picked NC State, Duke, Clemson, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Georgia, and so on.

I think Deana has been above board and professional in her coverage of NC kids and their respective decisions, regardless of where they go. Some of her content here has overlapped with her positions with TarHeelIlustrated and AppStateIllustrated but she’s never shown disrespect to kids who have picked other programs. I understand your questioning but I’ve witnessed her coverage for 10+ years and gladly vouch for her integrity.

Never questioned the integrity. Just the fact that she has a very large impact on the recruitment of athletes. Social media has changed the face of our country. Social media has a major impact on every aspect of our lives. A site such as this one should not be biased. The days of print media where you didn't have "instant" information are over. I know you don't help kids get scholarships but when you are in control of the #1 site in NC and you have unfettered access to the athletes it is a legitimate question to how you can offer them an unbiased opinion when they rely on you to help them promote their future. Many of the college coaches look to you for the rankings, who to watch etc..... with that much influence you have to admit it is a very legitimate topic to discuss. You are an absolute champion with what you have done moving from print to digital. I applaud you. Best high school site in the country. The lean to UNC-Chapel Hill is obvious. You can only offer up so many answers to the colleges that are also recruiting the same players that you are taking pictures with while wearing UNC gear.

I respect you ESOD... You are a great contributor. But, to consider me a fool for asking is questionable. The days of the NC Football Report are gone. Everything is online. Social media has changed the game. Going to Concord or where ever the guide was sold is no longer. Having a voice that covers the state in seconds means a lot. Holding the key to a door with a jersey on means something. I'm disappointed that you would consider that to be a fool's question. Recruiting is an exact science when it comes to access to recruits. Look it up.

As someone who knows Deana she has a great reputation for a reason. She is not a scout and to my knowledge never has been. Your question directly relates to the lack of knowledge of the recruiting process and what all it entails. Her goal and job is to bring light to North Carolina High School athletics and it’s athletes. She does a great job of it so whatever program she supports at the collegiate level has no bearing what she does professionally.

You do a great job Deana keep up the great work!!!!

As someone who knows Deana she has a great reputation for a reason. She is not a scout and to my knowledge never has been. Your question directly relates to the lack of knowledge of the recruiting process and what all it entails. Her goal and job is to bring light to North Carolina High School athletics and it’s athletes. She does a great job of it so whatever program she supports at the collegiate level has no bearing what she does professionally.

You do a great job Deana keep up the great work!!!!

In my opinion she should be the voice of High School Athletics in North Carolina. The things she has done, the obstacles she has overcome are unreal. I posed the question only because of the game Saturday and the impact that the NCPREPS site has had over the last 10 years on recruits in state. When you operate a site that ranks and holds information for the entire state of NC, and do a damn good job at it, but put yourself out there as a UNC fan it looks biased. That was my question out of the gate. As was the question from quite a few in attendance. To question that is basically questioning the integrity of this site. It holds a hell of a lot of weight. It is the go to site for initially seeing who is who in NC football across the Southeast if not the country.

Your shtick is already getting old, it's clear at this point you're trolling. Are you related to rville20?

Who am I trolling? She can ban me instantly. I'm bringing up a legitimate point. And, no I'm not. Look at it from a national standpoint. Or a local one. This is the news site for high school football. Do you get your news from one viewpoint? I would hope not.

In my opinion she should be the voice of High School Athletics in North Carolina. The things she has done, the obstacles she has overcome are unreal. I posed the question only because of the game Saturday and the impact that the NCPREPS site has had over the last 10 years on recruits in state. When you operate a site that ranks and holds information for the entire state of NC, and do a damn good job at it, but put yourself out there as a UNC fan it looks biased. That was my question out of the gate. As was the question from quite a few in attendance. To question that is basically questioning the integrity of this site. It holds a hell of a lot of weight. It is the go to site for initially seeing who is who in NC football across the Southeast if not the country.

Nothing to see here just move on. Deana please ignore these types of questions that have zero validity. Maybe there were to many adult beverages being consumed and they needed someone to blame for the ineptitude of there favorite program. Utterly ridiculous question if you even have a sense of what Deana has done over the years getting kids exposure to countless programs. Smh

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
I am very curious what prominent high school programs that you speak of and what are the ties to the programs these people have.
There's a better chance of Jennifer Aniston beatin' on my mobile home lodging facility's winders with a broken in half broom stick while donning a see through French bikini , as two bald headed midgets protect Ms.Aniston with two mini Austin City Limits umbrellas, each with a jaw full of Beechnut, than receiving a precise response for this particular inquiry.

Last edited:
Who am I trolling? She can ban me instantly. I'm bringing up a legitimate point. And, no I'm not. Look at it from a national standpoint. Or a local one. This is the news site for high school football. Do you get your news from one viewpoint? I would hope not.

Hey man essentially if you understood the processes for recruiting you would see exactly why the question is a head scratcher. Deana gets her respect out of being unbiased and reporting on the athletes and schools. By implying that she could influence a athlete and/or coaching staff to recruit a player or for a player to sign with a college is crazy. She is very respected in the sports world because of the platform she has created not only for the athletes but for us as fans of NCPreps.

Whatever people you were speaking to should be aware of what those processes are.

Reactions: DKatt
There's a better chance of Jennifer Aniston beatin' on my mobile home lodging facility's winders with a broken in half broom stick while donning a see through French bikini , as two bald headed midgets protect Ms.Anniston with two mini Austin City Limits umbrellas, each with a jaw full of Beechnut, then receiving a precise response for this particular inquiry.
Post of the year award candidate here lol. I give it a 10 LOL

What game Saturday? I was at Baptist Hospital with my sick father.

And my prayers are with you. The UNC/NCSU game. I know all you have went through the last few years and I applaud you for keeping your chin up. You have overcome and made this site one of national prominence. With that comes a huge responsibility. I will be attacked for questioning this. I expected it. But, with the level of exposure you provide and access it is a legitimate concern. Journalism, which is what you provide, is open. This isn't a "small time" operation. You are an outlet for national media. You have grown this from to a level that should be modeled in every state. This site is amazing and you are the one that brought it to this level. You impact every player you come in contact with. That is the point that was discussed. Imagine one player, a player that could make or break a coach at the college level. He has one person that he has been in contact with for a few years prior to college. He sees that person wearing a UNC, Stanford, WVU, or you name it shirt. They are in charge of the website in his/her state. He chooses to go to that school. That makes an impact.

Wasnt talking to you, was talking to "mhsneer"

Reactions: BK13T-$
And my prayers are with you. The UNC/NCSU game. I know all you have went through the last few years and I applaud you for keeping your chin up. You have overcome and made this site one of national prominence. With that comes a huge responsibility. I will be attacked for questioning this. I expected it. But, with the level of exposure you provide and access it is a legitimate concern. Journalism, which is what you provide, is open. This isn't a "small time" operation. You are an outlet for national media. You have grown this from to a level that should be modeled in every state. This site is amazing and you are the one that brought it to this level. You impact every player you come in contact with. That is the point that was discussed. Imagine one player, a player that could make or break a coach at the college level. He has one person that he has been in contact with for a few years prior to college. He sees that person wearing a UNC, Stanford, WVU, or you name it shirt. They are in charge of the website in his/her state. He chooses to go to that school. That makes an impact.

LOL no it doesn’t. That T-shirt won’t make a difference in the final decision that young person makes. Once again learn the recruiting process before you speak on this stuff or any of the other “prominent” people you were around.

LOL no it doesn’t. That T-shirt won’t make a difference in the final decision that young person makes. Once again learn the recruiting process before you speak on this stuff or any of the other “prominent” people you were around.

Deana you have the power LOL. I bet you didn’t know you had that much power huh?!? I think he has been watching to much jerry McGuire lol

Again, I meant no disrespect. I would expect nothing less from you. I have made myself very clear that the impact this site has on student athletes is evident. As well as the opinions held by many coaches in NC. You can run with it how you choose. You making that comment only solidifies my original point. You are arguing out of both sides of your mouth. Either this site holds weight or it doesn't. Which is it?

First of all, I'm not going to ban you. You are free to post what you want as long as it's respectful, and you've been respectful in how you've brought this up and I appreciate that.

However, you've posted about six times and not once have you offered an example of where you believe any allegiances I have towards specific schools have affected a prospect's decision or how NCPreps has covered any prospects. If you have some, I would welcome you posting them here.

As I noted above, I have been to pressers for kids announcing for a lot of schools, including Duke and N.C. State. In fact, I was at Zion Williamson's presser even though I knew in advance he wasn't picking UNC. I was at Wendell Moore's and Harry Giles’ presser and knew they were picking Duke. I was at Leaky Black's signing but not his commitment, and he's the only UNC basketball player whose announcement or signing I've been to in many years.

In football, I was at Dax Hollified's presser (Va Tech), maintained a close relationship with Payton Wilson after he flipped from UNC to State, Zamir White's presser (Georgia), Eric Douglas (South Carolina), Jordan Davis (Georgia), Grant Gibson (State), T.J. Moore (Florida), Breilin Faison (Penn State) and I've been to none that committed to UNC except Wilson, and he later flipped to State, in the last three years, which is the window each of those kids are in.

Regardless of my personal allegiances, when it comes to doing my job, I take that seriously because it's how I support myself and I'd be foolish to allow anything derail a career I've dedicated my life to.

Also, I love these kids. I don't ave any of my own and I get tremendous personal satisfaction out of seeing these kids reach their dreams, and if I can play a very small role in that by helping to get them some exposure, I am happy to do so. If you don't believe me, just ask Todd Gurley (Georgia).

Again, I meant no disrespect. I would expect nothing less from you. I have made myself very clear that the impact this site has on student athletes is evident. As well as the opinions held by many coaches in NC. You can run with it how you choose. You making that comment only solidifies my original point. You are arguing out of both sides of your mouth. Either this site holds weight or it doesn't. Which is it?

With all due respect, you have contradicted yourself numerous times. You say she's outstanding, the site is terrific and then you allege she operates with a bias. It can't be both. Also, a few examples of how whatever fandom she may have has affected kids' decisions or how the site is run would be useful.

This dealpool guy has got to be a state fan. No one does conspiracy better than the good folks in Raleigh!

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Come on Btango... you are just reaching here.....

I’m the one reaching? Don’t think you have much direct contact with any prominent programs or at least any that churn out multiple FBS signees.

I never even noticed Deanna was a UNC fan. Never thought about it. Never had a coach from a prominent program, or any program, bring up something like this.

I know three of the ESPN recruiting analysts. One played at UNC. Another started in the Big Ten and one started at GA Tech. What should they do?

Reactions: 1SWO1

I don't even think the Murphy haters or mt airy chest thumpers combined could come up with a more asinine thought about anything. Deanna has been nothing but a champion for high school kids for as long as I've known anything about her or ncpreps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT