ADVERTISEMENT

QB from Scotland

Hough will have over 13 FBS players on their roster this season that mysteriously showed up, that the majority of them did not attend the program their 9th & 10th grade year. Only 1. Nobody cares in the conference. Play Ball! They have been doing this the last 4 years.

And you think this is good for high school sports? Play ball is easy to say and really the only option until the adults decide otherwise.

North Dakota State who has won 6 titles signed an athlete who played at Big Foot High School (not making this up i promise) in Walworth, Wisconsin. His team went 3-6 for the season, they are ranked 310 in the state and 11,368 in the nation. Pretty sure he was not in the top 100. Now i can not argue with you about extra games = extra exposure but your social media comment kind of supports my myth. Todays social media makes it even easier to find kids. I use this kid and this program as an example because they are a winning program, in a remote place that has a recruiting budget of $146k. As in life there are always exceptions to every rule but I will stand behind the myth that they will find you if they need you and you are good enough.

People have been pushed the idea that they have to move for better exposure and better chances. There are a lot more kids signing scholarships from Podunk, Mn and Backwater, Al. than there are from IMG and Mater de every year. Who pushes this idea? It is a little strange to me that IMG, the academies and others have tuition fees to attend high school which is offered for free. I imagine IMG would not be open very long if they didn't promise something. How long do you think they would be open if no top prospects decided to go there?

Well we will have to just disagree with each other. IMG cost 70K a year to attend with a roster of about 115. Half of the roster is paying which is about 50 players. You do the math. 3.5 million! They're not going anywhere any time soon. If you believe more kids are signing at these smaller programs, you are really uninformed. Absolutely no truth to that, Numbers don't lie.

Probably one of the biggest myths in recruiting high school football. If you're good they will find you? This is simply not true for most student-athletes outside of the top 100. Kids have been moving to better programs for over 30 years. Through social media it's getting noticed more. This is not new in High School Football.

if you are good they WILL find you..........if your coach promotes you!!! I think there are a lot of coaches who dont promote enough and just think kids will be found. Coaches need to interact with college guys as well. It's all about who you know!!

Reactions: DBguru2007
So most of y’all are saying as long as a kid meets the age and academic requirements the kid should be allowed to transfer to the school of his choice? You know this would create “super teams’and the same programs would be contending every year. If I was a head coach of a mediocre program and my QB or RB transferred to another team for football season and my team missed the playoffs .. That would be a hard pill to swallow. Basically it’s just not right. Super team playoffs every year.

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
Scotlands is going to give you a deep run into the playoffs every year. Which is better than 95% of the teams in NC. Having the best rb's in the Nation is going to give you much more college traffic. It's a no brainier if they're in need of a position that you can go in, and start. Make the move. You will find that winning programs have no problem with other winning programs getting a 2 or 3 new studs every year. It's always the sub par or losing programs that complain. WIN AND THEY WILL COME!
Zamir is gone. McQueen is a good back but best is Crouch, someone they are very familiar with. Let's not act as if players have been flocking to SC in the past and their isn't anyone flocking there now. You got the guy from I believe Purnell Swett only to let Bell come in and start. All this talk about a qb...the 71st, Richmond and Lumberton qb are all staying put.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing, which we do, makes for a good debate and we get the opportunity to learn and grow. As far as me being really uninformed, we definitely disagree, but i do agree the numbers don't lie. According to the NCAA there are 125 schools competing in FCS which has 85 scholarship players. Now i am getting old and i was never really good at math but that equates to 10,625 scholarships for FCS alone. We are not even adding in the scholarships awarded to FBS and Div.2. And you claim that the majority of those awarded scholarships are awarded to the highly exposed players from major high school programs?

What about that Red Springs line up?.....There’s gold in the House - watch out

And so yeah there I was at the Fairmont @ Clinton basketball game about 2 weeks ago and the Lumberton QB was there sport’n Dr. Js hair style. I was told he was leaving Lumberton - where to you ask.....that was kept hush hush

Man Scotland sounds like the Hyenas taking dinner from the Lions
hyena-clipart-animated-gif-6.gif

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with disagreeing, which we do, makes for a good debate and we get the opportunity to learn and grow. As far as me being really uninformed, we definitely disagree, but i do agree the numbers don't lie. According to the NCAA there are 125 schools competing in FCS which has 85 scholarship players.

FCS, formerly D1AA, is 63. FBS is 85.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing, which we do, makes for a good debate and we get the opportunity to learn and grow. As far as me being really uninformed, we definitely disagree, but i do agree the numbers don't lie. According to the NCAA there are 125 schools competing in FCS which has 85 scholarship players. Now i am getting old and i was never really good at math but that equates to 10,625 scholarships for FCS alone. We are not even adding in the scholarships awarded to FBS and Div.2. And you claim that the majority of those awarded scholarships are awarded to the highly exposed players from major high school programs?

My point is if you're able to attend one of the those elite program and start for their program. You are more likely to get a scholly than attending any other school in the sticks. We average about 15 scholarships annually at Mallard Creek. I would say give or take, 65% of those kids are getting financial aide packages from D2 & D3 programs. I can assure you their chances increased by 70% attending Mallard Creek versus the school you're talking about. I talk to those scouts on a weekly bases, their time is very limited. They do not have the time to visit every school. Guess where they're going and guess where they're not going?

Unless your coach has his recruiting hat on to assist you, it's very easy to get lost in the madness of recruiting. I.E The myth if you're good they will find you. It's just not true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue and Gold22
My point is if you're able to attend one of the those elite program and start for their program. You are more likely to get a scholly than attending any other school in the sticks. We average about 15 scholarships annually at Mallard Creek. I would say give or take, 65% of those kids are getting financial aide packages from D2 & D3 programs. I can assure you their chances increased by 70% attending Mallard Creek versus the school you're talking about. I talk to those scouts on a weekly bases, their time is very limited. They do not have the time to visit every school. Guess where they're going and guess where they're not going?

Unless your coach has his recruiting hat on to assist you, it's very easy to get lost in the madness of recruiting. I.E The myth if you're good they will find you. It's just not true.

The 2nd biggest myth is that schools that get high profile transfers win titles. The numbers dont reflect that either. The aforementioned Hough is another perfect example and there are many others. In the end its the 25-30 kids that have bought in since 9th grade that create the program and win the titles. Not the kid that transfers in.

The whole topic is silly and it has been for years. Nobody cares when a kid and his parents move to a better school strictly for academics. Why should sports be any different and by the way., its none of your business where his parents decided to enroll him.

In the end this is just fandom. Fans only worry about the destruction of high school sports when their school isnt getting any transfers or losing some players. Just FYI....Mallard Creek losses as many as the get in many years.

I get your point and i agree to a certain extent. A big name school is going to have a reputation and helps with recruiting. But Mallard Creek which i think does an amazing job and puts out a high quality product was not even around till 2007. Where were the scouts or recruiters going before? Independence right? All kids don't have the option to move to the hot school but yet they still find scholarships somehow without moving. All i am saying is that to put it out that a kid HAS to move to a big time school to be recruited is false. I may not be in contact with the scouts everyday but i do talk to the people who actually coach them in college on a regular basis. They are looking for any edge they can get on their competition and if they have a kid that meets their teams needs in Samoa, Alaska or wherever they will go after them. Recruiting services, former alumni, former players and coaches are everywhere. If you are good enough and fill their need they find you. Lot like major league scouts scouring the earth for the next Miguel Cabrera or Altuve.

Not saying you are advocating that a kid HAS to move but it is the picture so many people are painting for parents and kids. I do think the attitude that if you can you should is a dangerous slope. Look at how much trouble IMG is having filling a schedule because not many teams want to play a national all-star team.

Greengold_4ever!
Mallard Creek did not start off putting kids into college programs the way they are now. It's a building process. A lot of winning helped. Understanding who can fit is important also. Sometimes you get the wrong kids transferring in that can effect your program in a bad way. I for one definitely understand the frustration. You have to be real careful with bringing new kids in. It can destroy your team chemistry. It only takes 1 or 2 bad apples and it's over.

Absolutely it can ruin a team just as fast as improve it. I also am fully aware plenty of kids transfer away from the Mallad Creeks. And the reason is exactly the point a lot of people are arguing. Going to a place where they can shine. Athletes who transfer away from the Mallard Creeks of the world do it for 2 reasons 1) coaches don't like me, he likes that other boy better or 2) they don't want to compete for their job. This statement of course dose not pertain to jobs, deaths or purchasing a new home in a "better" neighborhood.

The question is not - How many athletes have left Scotland.
The true question(s) stands - How many are arriving, why, and from what schools?

I need some Flonase

The whole topic is silly and it has been for years. Nobody cares when a kid and his parents move to a better school strictly for academics. Why should sports be any different and by the way., its none of your business where his parents decided to enroll him.

When was the last time you read on a football forum a school getting on here beating their chest about their academics? When was the last time you heard someone say if you don't attend this school or that academy you won't be able to receive an academic scholarship?Why would they be it is a football forum. And your right its not my business why or if someone moves their residence to be in a particular district and i actually don't care. I do care about treating high school kids like free agents, I do care about the schools who cheat and it should concern all of us if kids move just for sports. Just for sports? really i thought high school athletics were extracurricular activities that were suppose to teach and promote good sportsmanship, responsibility, teamwork, etc. You may think high school free agency, recruiting and cheating are silly and that is your prerogative. Just like it is mine to voice my opinion on an open forum. There are always 2 sides to a coin

When was the last time you read on a football forum a school getting on here beating their chest about their academics? When was the last time you heard someone say if you don't attend this school or that academy you won't be able to receive an academic scholarship?Why would they be it is a football forum. And your right its not my business why or if someone moves their residence to be in a particular district and i actually don't care. I do care about treating high school kids like free agents, I do care about the schools who cheat and it should concern all of us if kids move just for sports. Just for sports? really i thought high school athletics were extracurricular activities that were suppose to teach and promote good sportsmanship, responsibility, teamwork, etc. You may think high school free agency, recruiting and cheating are silly and that is your prerogative. Just like it is mine to voice my opinion on an open forum. There are always 2 sides to a coin
Every offseason

I thought this would be a good topic for the off season. Kids and parents will always do what they think is best for their kids. And they should. I have never understood how the kids (student X) left for the season would welcome him back with open arms. When players quit on my teams, they were out casts to me. They broke the bond of our football family. I do think it is funny that kids move from school to school to play football. Their academic record shold be the priority. Guess the NCHSAA doesn't really enforce the validity of moves, when kids move back after the season to their old school. Smells fishy to me. IDK. I agree that coaches, specifically the HC, should market his players to colleges that truly have the character, grades, and ability to play on the college level. Any college level. But, it is not their main priority to get kids recruited. It is more to develop them into good citizens, students, and men through the great game of football.

Last edited:

The reality is this post happens 20 times a year. While I cant speak to the motivation of every poster the " its ruining high school football" spin is just laughable. If Quavaris Crouch showed up in Richmond tomorrow they would be doing the happy Raider dance and NOBODY would be posting about how it is the downfall of the sport. FACT

Decisions to move your kid to a school district to improve whatever skill set that kid has happens every day and its been happening for generations. Its only in the last 15 or 20 has it become sports related and the hand wringing has accelerated now because more people are aware due to social media.

These decisions in most cases become a simple dollar and cents equation. I can think of 25 kids off the top of my head that are playing college football and getting at least some of their education paid for because they played at Mallard Creek and not at Berry, South Meck or any of another dozen schools in and around the area.

If you are a 3 , 4 or 5 star kid you will get an opportunity 80-90% of the time provided the grades are in line. That number drops quickly if you are a kid on the margin and that is simply a numbers game. Schools like Gardner Webb, UNC Pembroke, Western Carolina have limited recruiting resources and time. Guess where they are alotting those resources? Not at East MEck.

Beyond that there is something to be said about the culture and infrastructure of a program. If you are a 15 year old kid with some talent and aptitude for the game and you are lifting last week and Marquise Williams is lifting next to you it changes the mind set quickly. If the kid on the squat rack is playing at Florida or the kid grinding out reps with you is the DB at Wake Forest the intensity changes. Do you want your kid in that environment or would you prefer they stay at Hopewell? NO BRAINER

In the next few months the vans will be loaded up with kids from MC heading to various camps. Driven and supervised largely from former parents and volunteers. Those kids will get off the van in Chapel Hill or WInston Salem and they will get instant notice because they will be wearing Creek gear. That is the product of years of building a program and a brand and has ZERO to do with cheating or ruining high school football. The Leave it to Beaver 1950's world of HS athletics is gone and its never coming back.

Get better and the kids will come, accept mediocrity and it will only get worse.

First off, this to me is what a forum should look like people sharing points of view with some facts sprinkled in a respectful manner. I have always enjoyed and respected a few people on this board such as yourself, Nepsy, Work, Btango and Bullzeye to name a few. You take the time to think before you type and you don't just jump to emotional conclusions. And of course when someone is disrespectful or out of bounds you call them out and your retorts are witty and cutting which is fun.

Unfortunately you are right, if Crouch moved to Richmond there might even be a parade thrown in his honor. We know that is not going to happen because of what you said about the money being the motivating factor. Our community may have great facilities, great tradition and great coaching but we have no industry or means for his family to better themselves. Whereas in your area better neighborhood, better job, easier commute are factors in a family moving. Everyone always looks out for what is best for their family. I say as I have before in earlier post: I do not have a problem with a family moving to better themselves.

My problem is with the attitude in which us adults have taken with topic. We are treating high school kids as free agents, spinning rumor after rumor of this kid is going here or there, that kid had a fallen out with a teacher he is looking to move where would he fit in best. Just look at some of topics on all the boards. Crouch is a great example, his coach leaves and before the ink is dry we get the where is he going thread. Why does he have to go anywhere. He is already number 1 you can't going any higher than that. And ultimately you are right it will come down to him and his family for what is best for his family.

You bring up the pluses of kids moving to Mallard Creek to reap benefits. I may be wrong with my next statement because i am not as familiar with the program as you guys are obviously. But, i imagine there have been kids hurt by the transfer of players also. Whether it be they lost their job or they weren't good enough to take a job either way results in limiting their exposure and chances at a scholarship. Personally, this is what separates Meck. Co. football from the rest of the state the competition level for starting jobs is soooo much higher. Depth is so much better and deeper. Mallard Creek has kids that don't see the field that are college material. So when that comes true and my son does not start should we pick up and move schools till i find one he can start and shine at?

I know Mallard Creek does not cheat, they don't have to. Just like Indy in their prime, winning recruits, just a lot easier to move across town than across the state or county. Why is Mallard Creek ranked number 1 every year? It is not because of scheme or coaching it is based off the players they have. A kid can use perfect technique, a coach can have the perfect scheme but if they are overmatched it won't matter. That is why Div 2 and div 3 schools don't beat div 1 schools. So the statement get better is over simplified. I lay no blame on anyone it is what it is like life.

I do think sometimes the view from certain fans is skewed by location. What is best for Meck. Co might not be what is best for the state or other counties. May be if IMG or another Academy moved into Meck your view of the football world might change.

This is way to much typing.

You guys all bring up good and valid points. I will add that each kid/family that transfers has their own reasons. Each kid has their own lives and their own set of circumstances. To say that no kid should ever transfer is wrong, to say that every transfer is the right move is not accurate either. There are situations that are toxic, there are levels of ignorance, there are politics. There are situations that an individual player cant fix or even make better. There are also situations that provide a better opportunity for the kid. I would think that I am a loyal guy but I do feel the loyalty card gets played way to much in sports, especially with the players. It is 100% ok for a coach to move to a better situation but frowned upon with players. Loyalty is a two way street just like any good relationship. I also believe that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Guys, most of us are parents or will be parents and we are all just trying to put our kids in the best situation to succeed. Sometimes that means staying and fighting thru a difficult situation and sometimes it means moving on. Hard to judge every move when we don't have all the variables.

I know Mallard Creek does not cheat, they don't have to. Just like Indy in their prime, winning recruits, just a lot easier to move across town than across the state or county. Why is Mallard Creek ranked number 1 every year? It is not because of scheme or coaching it is based off the players they have. A kid can use perfect technique, a coach can have the perfect scheme but if they are overmatched it won't matter. That is why Div 2 and div 3 schools don't beat div 1 schools. So the statement get better is over simplified. I lay no blame on anyone it is what it is like life.

This is another Myth that goes on in NC Football. They get the best players and you just roll the ball out and win. Coaching not needed. Since Tommy Knox arrived in SC. He has turned a bottom of the barrel Dutch Fork into a South Carolina power. 3 State Championships and 5 title appearance in 6 years. Tommy Knox is one of the best coaches in High School football history. I can assure you, if he showed up in Richmond? State Championships would follow. Many of those years when Indy was winning. Butler had more talent. Coach Palmieri is made from the same cloth. It's scheme and coaching along with, from the day you step on the field as a 9th grader, you're expected to win State Championships or Bust. Convincing kids to play who would most likely not play at other schools. That's depth! If you're not getting the job done as a Coach, he will show you the door. Buy in or leave. Football is mandatory year round. If all you needed was winning recruits? Hough would have won 2 or 3 State Championships by now.

Last edited:
It's Tommy Knotts. The man has won more State Championships in NC/SC history. At least get his name right. And yes, he would win immediately at Richmond. Who knows how many he'd have in a place like that or Scotland where there is no other competition in town?! I hate to think of it. But, not gonna happen. Makes too much cash money in SC!

It's Tommy Knotts. The man has won more State Championships in NC/SC history. At least get his name right. And yes, he would win immediately at Richmond. Who knows how many he'd have in a place like that or Scotland where there is no other competition in town?! I hate to think of it. But, not gonna happen. Makes too much cash money in SC!

I got his name right! It was a satire for Fort Knox! (He's Money) Get it? :) I couldn't imagine anyone would believe he would come back. Although i have heard rumors of him coming back and running an IMG type program.....Rumors though!

Last edited:
But Mallard Creek which i think does an amazing job and puts out a high quality product

Knew i should have qualified that post, dang it. Point I was trying to make is ranking and judging teams is more of a reflection of the talent that is on the team. We all know that there have been plenty of times that the team should win the title based on talent hasn't. But the early ranking they receive is solid because of the talent they possess. Some reasons the most talented team doesn't win are within a coaches and control and some aren't.

Mallard Creek has been the deepest most talented team in NC. Period. If they are matched up vs. a 1A, 2A, 3A, team they should win that is a given. I did say should remind you. But why should they win, because of coaching, facilities, traditional...etc.? No because they are deeper and more talented.

Knew i should have qualified that post, dang it. Point I was trying to make is ranking and judging teams is more of a reflection of the talent that is on the team. We all know that there have been plenty of times that the team should win the title based on talent hasn't. But the early ranking they receive is solid because of the talent they possess. Some reasons the most talented team doesn't win are within a coaches and control and some aren't.

Mallard Creek has been the deepest most talented team in NC. Period. If they are matched up vs. a 1A, 2A, 3A, team they should win that is a given. I did say should remind you. But why should they win, because of coaching, facilities, traditional...etc.? No because they are deeper and more talented.

Thank you for clarifying sir!

Just to clear the air i am a big fan of Mallard Creek they represent NC and carry the torch nationally for us. They never duck anyone, they play the game hard and they are coached up.

Next, Tommy Knotts in all his greatness, does not walk in and win a state championship at Richmond immediately or within 2 years. Unless he brings a lot of OL and DL with him from Dutch Fork. Even you guys have said that and you can ask our esteemed rivals to the East if Knotts would be enough to return us to glory.

Finally, I am for Crouch or any other kid and his family moving to better themselves for the right reason. I am against treating high schoolers like free agents. I also oppose recruiting of high schoolers and selling to them they have to move to get a scholarship.

Now like Nepsy said earlier, in the end it doesn't matter what i or any of us think. And Port thought your post was dead on the money and well put.

Reactions: nepsy7
I got his name right! It was a satire for Fort Knox! (He's Money) Get it? :) I couldn't imagine anyone would believe he would come back. Although i have heard rumors of him coming back and running an IMG type program.....Rumors though!
Ah, sorry. I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. He is the best ever in NC/SC to me when looking at wins and championships in both states! Dutch Fork may have money. But, when he was at Indy they did not. They have some of the most modest facilities ever for a big 4A school with all those state championships. I could see him leaving for a IMG type program, that would be scary for all other schools. He could do the same at a one county HS like Scotland or Richmond b/c he gets everything out of his players and then some.

Ah, sorry. I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. He is the best ever in NC/SC to me when looking at wins and championships in both states! Dutch Fork may have money. But, when he was at Indy they did not. They have some of the most modest facilities ever for a big 4A school with all those state championships. I could see him leaving for a IMG type program, that would be scary for all other schools. He could do the same at a one county HS like Scotland or Richmond b/c he gets everything out of his players and then some.

My sarcasm is horrible: Tommy Knox is money as in Fort Knox, ( United States Bullion Depository) We used to call guys Money. To be the best at something; Skilled to the level of being as good as currency. I tried! :) :) :)

Last edited:
I call Vance transfer high. There's numerous kids I could name but I'll name this past yr one of the top kids in the I meck and meck co period jaylon Riley. Kid went 2 Indy and was die hard green and yellow. Played both ways and had zero offers. I spoke 2 their parents because they was interested in moving and transferrng 2 Vance, long story short 20+ tds 1500yrds receiving and numerous offers including partial scholarships to wake and nc state. U go where u can get noticed esp in meck county. Which means creek Hough, butler, Myers park, Catholic and Vance...jus plain and simple. We have a handful coming in this yr. Football no matter what level is $$$...hate it or love it if u win u get attention for all. It's a money sport ur school either play the game and win or have ur star players transfer out 2 contenders so they can win/get a chance on the next level plain n simple.

My problem is with the attitude in which us adults have taken with topic. We are treating high school kids as free agents, spinning rumor after rumor of this kid is going here or there, that kid had a fallen out with a teacher he is looking to move where would he fit in best. Just look at some of topics on all the boards. Crouch is a great example, his coach leaves and before the ink is dry we get the where is he going thread. Why does he have to go anywhere. He is already number 1 you can't going any higher than that. And ultimately you are right it will come down to him and his family for what is best for his family.

You bring up the pluses of kids moving to Mallard Creek to reap benefits. I may be wrong with my next statement because i am not as familiar with the program as you guys are obviously. But, i imagine there have been kids hurt by the transfer of players also. Whether it be they lost their job or they weren't good enough to take a job either way results in limiting their exposure and chances at a scholarship. Personally, this is what separates Meck. Co. football from the rest of the state the competition level for starting jobs is soooo much higher. Depth is so much better and deeper. Mallard Creek has kids that don't see the field that are college material. So when that comes true and my son does not start should we pick up and move schools till i find one he can start and shine at?

I do think sometimes the view from certain fans is skewed by location. What is best for Meck. Co might not be what is best for the state or other counties. May be if IMG or another Academy moved into Meck your view of the football world might change.

This is way to much typing.

Problem is they are in fact Free Agents. As long as the rules are followed they are free to pursue the best opportunity for themselves. Now that freedom does come at a cost to be sure and one of those costs means that too many options sometimes breeds a lack of focus and commitment. Far too many kids and parents make emotional decisions based on playing time, touches and whether or not a coach yelled at their kid. This hampers a coaches ability to coach but this isn't a sports issue its a parenting one.

One thing is for certain is that too many parents think their kid is D1 and if they dont get the attention they are moving on. I see it on the practice field and in the stands every Friday night. They think it will be easier to get noticed at MC, truth is the eyes increase but so does the intensity and competition. Many show up for a week......then they lift AND go practice. Then they go somewhere else.

As far as what makes MC successful I can say for certain its both. Last 8 to 9 years they have fielded very talented teams but not always the most talented. Last years squad made it to the title game with one starter back and lost 4 starters to injury. They were without a truly elite level kid on the offensive side. 2014 title team had 2 kids return and struggled on defense at times. Coaching had a ton to do with both of those squads success. 2011, 2013, 2015,2016 all were stacked. 2016 squad was a HUGE disappointment in my mind.

Look out for the 2020 Creek class. Has a chance to be the most talented I think.

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
Problem is they are in fact Free Agents. As long as the rules are followed they are free to pursue the best opportunity for themselves. Now that freedom does come at a cost to be sure and one of those costs means that too many options sometimes breeds a lack of focus and commitment. Far too many kids and parents make emotional decisions based on playing time, touches and whether or not a coach yelled at their kid. This hampers a coaches ability to coach but this isn't a sports issue its a parenting one.

One thing is for certain is that too many parents think their kid is D1 and if they dont get the attention they are moving on. I see it on the practice field and in the stands every Friday night. They think it will be easier to get noticed at MC, truth is the eyes increase but so does the intensity and competition. Many show up for a week......then they lift AND go practice. Then they go somewhere else.

As far as what makes MC successful I can say for certain its both. Last 8 to 9 years they have fielded very talented teams but not always the most talented. Last years squad made it to the title game with one starter back and lost 4 starters to injury. They were without a truly elite level kid on the offensive side. 2014 title team had 2 kids return and struggled on defense at times. Coaching had a ton to do with both of those squads success. 2011, 2013, 2015,2016 all were stacked. 2016 squad was a HUGE disappointment in my mind.

Look out for the 2020 Creek class. Has a chance to be the most talented I think.
The same for the '20 class over at IBM Dr. Got 10th graders benching 315 n power cleaning 350lbs n they're still growing

Quote me if i'm wrong - but what's trending here is Scotland stamping a "lease" on an athlete just for a season?

Can he play? We all have seen a lot of Tarzan's that play like Jane! BTW i find it funny how folks complain about the transfers but for the most part these are kids that are trying to improve their lot in life/sports. If you had an opportunity to move to a better job isn't that your right? I'm all for team but a team is still made up of individuals and everyone talks about freedom of this and that but when these kids do it - many become offended and shocked!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT