ADVERTISEMENT

PSHS Football Coach

nope not from out of town. He is a graduate of PSHS class of 2004 (i think) he is a grad of UNCP. He has coached D-line at PS since 2005 or 06.

I truly like him too. Dont think he is ready to be a head coach at a 4A school. He would be a great coach there in about 10 more yrs. the reason why i say ten yrs is isnt afraid to tell you that you have a ugly baby, and not lose any sleep over it.

Coltharp did really well at Red Springs, but wasn't he dismissed at Lane College?

I know they averaged 11 points a game ... Doesn't seems too impressive for someone that is known as a offensive genius (by some).

I hope whoever gets the Swett job nothing but the best.

Herd
Oh okay well I thought you were talking about someone other than what I had on my list.

3. J Deese: Purnell Swett JV. Great record. Awesome coach

I like him as a person too. Good Guy....he took that JV to the kingdom last year. Great impression

screamin,

well i have searched the Lane College Dragons website and he is not part of the coaching staff. THere was a story that Earl Vaughan Jr did on July 13, 2014 that said he was torn on leaving Pine Forest. I guess he got the notch in his belt at PF.

http://www.fayobserver.com/blogs/sports/preps_spotlight/preps-spotlight-coltharp-excited-about-move-to-college-coaching/article_4897fc06-0aaa-11e4-bf85-0017a43b2370.html link to Vaughan's story.

http://www.lanecollege.edu/lanepage2.asp?id=12000000 link to Dragons football website.

if i can do some research to some research in 5 minutes, i wonder if the people behind the hiring process could do this in the amount of time they have had to ask Coach Coltharp why he left the 4a school that was his dream to coach in his hometown to go to college to leave so quickly.

Monk
This mess is all over the place.

Overall If I had no choice but to choose someone local
J DEESE JV......PROMOTE THIS GENTLEMAN TO HEAD OF THE HOUSE AND HE WILL SPELL "BIG MO"

Overall If I had no choice but to choose someone from the outside
Coach Brown
Even though he hasnt been a head coach in his 30yrs...contributed to 5 state champ though

HERD
yeah I dont see cultharp with longevity

FWIW, Coach Brown is Caucasian and he was born and raised in Robeson County. He has not been given the HC position in Dillon because Coach Hayes is still there. They have been together for 25 years.

QB4ever
Ok that is making more sense now....geeeez.

Thank you so much for the correction......I do appreciate thaT.

In that case he is still on my radar
If he is from Robeson County, I am guessing he is from Rowland
If he is from Rowland, I am guessing he graduated from that area
This post was edited on 2/2 2:06 PM by swett2victory

QB4ever
Since you were a QB in your younger years
And your friend(Coach Brown) is a Assitant AD and OC, my question is:

Please be polite, yourself, accurate and honest:
Are you by slight miracle chance an AD at a High School sir?

I'm patiently waiting sir
This post was edited on 2/2 4:53 PM by swett2victory

Good guess. You are correct. And, no sir, I am not an AD nor am I in education.

This post was edited on 2/2 5:04 PM by QB4ever

Originally posted by QB4ever:

tumblr_n2zp37lc2d1sn8daso3_400.gif
[/URL]

BOMBSHELL
GOTCHA!

You cant say "Good guess. You are correct"

and then 3mins later recorrect yourself and reword it

2010-09-30-SC.jpg

wink.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/2 8:17 PM by swett2victory

Wildcatfan78,
Apexnaf,
Jack Schmidt,
Wildcatfan,
Screaming monk,
NO1RamsFan,
QB4ever,
Herd,
SWETTRAM,

You'll sound like a savvy, financial, coaching, football type of gentlemen. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me on any of this.

I feel as if I have chicken pocks. I have been itching to know who it is that will make "Big Mo" a place with no where to sit every game.

As long as the forecast is on schedule, as of tomorrow we will be one week from announcing the new coach on or around 6pm. The Robesonian should have all the facts and present it to the public at 12am Wednesday morning. If I was a betting man, I would say that someone already sat down with the coaching staff and personally looked each other in the eye. If I wanted to make a great welcoming, impress him as a staff and flawlessly have great communication with the coach, I would sit the current staff down and say "look, every single one of you realize that there will be a new coach aboard, I do not want to hear of any misunderstanding, argument, or disagreements. What this coach says is what goes". "This little petty, picky, my-way-or-the-highway-attitude will stop now as you sit under the sound of my voice". NOW THAT IS JUST ME IF I WAS THE PERSON THAT HAD TO PREBRIEF THE STAFF PRIOR TO THE NEW COACH'S ARRIVAL.

All my left side of my brain has been thinking is COACH BROWN, COACH BROWN AND COACH BROWN AS THE 50 METER TARGET(meaning he is the man).

Coach Brown: Who is he?
Well first off I must say that he is a very intelligent individual. First off he is a great coach...no doubt about that. With trials and correction thanks to QB4ever, he is Caucasian and not African American. He has contributed to 5 state championship and has 30yrs of valuable experience. Why has he not been a coach, again thanks to QB4ever, because he has been under the wing of the same coach for 25yrs.

Why do I think he is intelligent?
Simple: With 30yrs of experience in South Carolina, He is eligible to retire. If he is the chosen man for Purnell Swett, he will have no other smart choice but to retire.

What does this mean in numbers?
Lets add it up: According to QB4ever he is making $70,000 in South Carolina. At retirement He will get 75% of that money, meaning $52,500; He is now done with South Carolina. Now as he moves into North Carolina he will make let's say $63,000 for coaching and that is counting all his supplements. All he has to do now is stay healthy in good standings for 5yrs and now he can draw retirement in North Carolina. This means while he is coaching he will be at TOP DOLLAR VALUE of on or around $115,000 ...............BIG MONEY GRIP. That's not bad for telling kids the Xs and Os.

Where does Coach Brown and other coaches fit in this equation?
Well let me show you a family tree
Coach Browns football roots came from Coach Russell Stone
Coach Coltharp football roots came from Coach Paroli
Josh Deese Football roots came from Coach Jernigan
Coach Sampson's football roots came from The only Coach Heil

Swett,
You still haven't made it clear who you favor for the PS Job. Just kidding!!!

S2V,

PSHS was burned by the SC retired coach move to NC and rack up the pay before. Remember Coach Graves??? He had great success at PSHS? He was there maybe 5 yrs then left to go back to SC. Funny how you mention the 5 yrs to get retirement. 5 yrs is how long it took him to take a program that was horrible to a household name not in conference but in the state. So, that being said it could take PSHS football program 5 yrs to get the same status. 5 yrs to get his state retirement. 5 yrs to be looking for another coach. 5 yrs till S2V has to be the voice because everyone else is to scared to let some news out of the bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 YRS. Did I mention 5 years?????????????????? am i overreacting?????????????????????
This post was edited on 2/3 7:22 AM by the173herd

If Coach Brown is the next coach at PSHS I would be happy if a couple of things happen:

1. Move to/back to Robeson County. If he is drawing his retirement from SC that is fine, i have no issues with that. Me as well as another eye thumper will be double dipping in less than 2 yrs.

Get involved in the community.

2. Not be afraid to tell parents, coaches, boosters, students, and players it is his way or the highway. Do not speak out of both sides of his face. We Robesonians are horrible for that.

3. DO NOT CONDUCT GRID IRON RAM VIDEOS.

4. Have the school take ownership agian. Get the famous John Hodges back on the bleachers getting the student body crazy again. Get the band to have more than 9 members. Let the Cow Bells back in the stadium, let the horns be blown.

My 1 1/2 question is: Where is SWETTRAM today and where will he be on 10 February 2015 at 6pm sharp?

If you are referring to the board meeting, it's been moved to Feb. 17th

TT21,

I miss reading your posts. Hope all is well. Long time no hear.

This post was edited on 2/5 10:39 AM by Deana_King

Tiger,
If I somehow miss this historical Pow Wow...................I'm coming after your disposable camera.

You answered 1/2 my question and that is 1/2 the battle.

Now, the one question you skipped, ignored, and the one your surely know of is the question I want an answer on from you since you volunteerily synced in.

This post was edited on 2/3 2:06 PM by swett2victory

Tiger,
Four questions:
1. Where is SWETTRAM today?
2. Based on the previous threads, Swettram think he is good in the Reverse Psychology area?
3. He lost his mind in previous the thread. Based on that is Swettram all about Recognition?
4. Since Swettram talked about The Booster Club in previous threads, Was he ever involved with the Grid Iron Club?

Just trying to figure out who this fella is?

This post was edited on 2/3 6:15 PM by swett2victory

Originally posted by the173herd:
TT21,

I miss reading your posts. Hope all is well. Long time no hear.

This post was edited on 2/3 1:19 PM by the173herd
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HERD????????

THIS
telephone+booth.jpg
[/URL]

OR THIS

telephone-junction-box-thailand.jpg
[/URL]

This post was edited on 2/3 3:43 PM by swett2victory

This post was edited on 2/5 10:41 AM by Deana_King

I might be wrong but I believe retirement in sc gets you around 50% of the average of your top 4 consecutive years so brown will most likely retire making just north of 30,000 a year not 50,0000.

Originally posted by Apexnaf:
I might be wrong but I believe retirement in sc gets you around 50% of the average of your top 4 consecutive years so brown will most likely retire making just north of 30,000 a year not 50,0000.
Apex
You are somewhat correct. depends on the age. Click on the Picture....for larger view

This post was edited on 2/3 7:20 PM by swett2victory

Tiger,
Correct me if I am wrong

FIRST:
Why did Coach Clark not receive one phone call for this interview session?

SECOND:
My understanding is that we are looking for someone(COACH) who is going to bring a lot of energy and excitement into the community

1. Job advertisement began 5 January 2015
2. Job advertisement closed 15 January 2015
3. An X-amount of coaches applied and a X-amount for asked to apply
4. Interviews were from around 26-30 January
5. 29 January 2015 4 coaches were interviewed
6. 30 January 2015 4 other coaches were interviewed
7. 10 February(2nd Tuesday of the month) The announcement was suppose to take place
8. Now, according to you(Tigertown), you say it has been moved forward a notch to 17 February 2015

Why has there been a hiccup in the forecast?

-----------------------------------------BREAK---------------------------------------------

Is 17 Feb 2015 when they announce the new coach?
Who will make the announcement?
What time?
Any special requirements to enter the building?

I mean this is my thing, shouldn't the community be present to be a part of the announcement. In order to be a part of that we need to know the 5 W's in detail. If so, where would it be advertised ahead of time?

Is this question above a fair question or are local politicians the only ones allowed at this hearing?
Isnt this called a PUBLIC HEARING?

If so I thinks it is fair enough for the community to know the details of this event(new coach announcement) in advance, in detail and a nice date/time/group so we all can be there at the appropriate time. Or should I ask, do we have to make a phone call ourselves?

This post was edited on 2/3 9:39 PM by swett2victory

S2V,

come on man you should know why the delay. Cant just leave one job and start another one without your state/Board of Ed releasing you (starting retirement) before the other one can accept you.

that being said it does take about 2 weeks for the retirement process to take place. If you want me to i can do some more research and use my nice political voice that i have inherited from my political family to call down to the county of Dillon to see if they have any PE teacher openings at the high school level.

Do not be upset that Clark didnt get a phone call. Clark Jr will be a great coach but I do not like his track record of leaving and not staying in one place and trying to make it work. How long was Bob Paroli in Fayetteville before winning a state title???

They will not let the public know because 90% of the public does not care who the next coach will be but the next day every dad, mom, grandparent, uncle, sister, cousin, uncles cousins brothers friend will be at the field house trying to get the politics going. (Shaking babies and kissing hands)

we have went from who the next coach is, to the board of education both nc and sc, now we are talking about Jeremy Lin.............

from what i am seeing in the pictures above we hired 9 coaches from France that use computers and are all Asian....

did i get it right????
This post was edited on 2/5 10:42 AM by Deana_King

You're wrong...look at the picture below again

Two HINTS
1. There are 10 eggs
2. Reason for Reschedule

SWETTRAM and PSRspptr was a one time hit. Since Tiger only answers limited questions. I will ask again:

Four questions:
1. Where is SWETTRAM today?
2. Based on the previous threads, does Swettram think he is good in the Reverse Psychology area?
3. He lost his mind in previous the thread. Based on that is Swettram all about Recognition?
4. Since Swettram talked about The Booster Club in previous threads, Was he ever involved with the Grid Iron Club?

Just trying to figure out who this fella is?

Since The173herd cant figure it out

APEXNAF
QB4EVER
CAN YOU FIGURE OUT THE PICTURE?

Why was the new coach announcement reschedule?

This post was edited on 2/4 11:55 AM by swett2victory

ok, let me take a stab at it..................

1. 10 eggs. you mentioned reschedule. i am thinking that are the 10 members of the BoE.

2. Statue of Liberty, Eifle Tower, Palm Trees, on a Plane...............hmmmm trip maybe?????

3. 3 ppl around a computer looking confused..... my first guess would be members that sit on the board... but they dont have to look at a computer to be confused....... i am confused on this one!!

4. Jeremy Lin's #17 New York Knicks Jersey. Tiger mentioned it was moved to the 17th so I can figure that one out.

i think i solved the riddle. The board members are going on a vacation (out of town) not to work but to party since they cant even work in Robeson County. That is why it was moved to the 17th. Do i get the prize behind door #1?

the funny thing is i can actually drink beer and throw darts!!!!! i just wont hit the bullseye!!!!!

Herd I wanted to mess with you earlier since I can do that..........
smile.r191677.gif

HERE IS THE REAL STORY

Why? I have the slightest idea

I am as confused as confused can twirl me. 2/8(first ones up and called back is Coach George and Clinton coach) will once again stand in front of the mans desk and be interviewed..........What in the world. Let's get it right. pretty work. What is the problem. What is the FIX?

The Clinton Coach is in the race and he is only an assistance. dont know how many years or level of experience.

Does this mean the job will be reopened to Jaime Deese or Will Clark?

This and Travel is why the announcement was pushed back.....

THE COMMUNITY WANTS COACH BROWN

I AM THE COMMUNITY

This post was edited on 2/4 1:30 PM by swett2victory

so we had a proven winner that wanted to retire from SC and double dip in NC. the only issue i seen with that if he was only doing to pad to his retirement in 5 yrs. But, if not he was the choice I would have went with as well.

Loyalty: He was with the same coach for 25 yrs.
Winner: 5 State Champs as the OC and multiple championships and getting kids into college as the AD.

Now we are interviewing a guy that has went from Red Springs to Pine Forest to college for 4 months back to HS. remember when he left RS coaching in Fayetteville was his "Dream Job" then went to college and he was torn becuase of the kids. If you read between the lines he is full of S ugar H oney I ce T ea.

We are also interviewing a 2A assistant coach with what experience we do not know. Remember when Mark Heil left in 94 to go to Cape Fear and they hired the Hunt guy originally from Fairmont that was coaching in Augusta GA?? He left to go back to GA 3 days after the last game of his first year. Then we hired Billy Byrd (RIP) because of a 2A record. See what that got us.

How hard is it for the community to know who they are paying????? We get to know who is running for prez 2 of the US yrs out. .

This post was edited on 2/5 10:45 AM by Deana_King

Herd, it is obvious you want a black coach hired. You've mentioned 2 times about the principal having the "opportunity" to hire a person of color". That is an extremely racist statement. Let's plug in another word and see how that sound. The principal has the opportunity to hire a white coach.

If race was not important to you, you would not mention it. Race has no business in this hire. To even mention it is racism.

Herd, it is obvious you want a black coach hired. You've mentioned 2 times about the principal having the "opportunity" to hire a person of color". That is an extremely racist statement. Let's plug in another word and see how that sounds. The principal has the opportunity to hire a white coach.

If race was not important to you, you would not mention it. Race has no business in this hire. To even mention it is racism.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT