ADVERTISEMENT

Props to Weddington

No team is unbeatable, but this one has to be close. Good luck blocking their front 6-7. Heard they also got 3 receiver transfers to give them some offensive firepower. The Agency is probably getting full, so they may be done for now...or may figure out they need a couple more and open up some more rooms.

If they are “attracting” top talent they should be playing a Mallard Creek type schedule.

Problem is everyone is scared to turn them in because everyone is recruiting!
Nobody is scared to turn them in, they are doing it legally. Thomas Davis has a legit Weddington address, and the kids are living with him. After the situation with KJ last year, the county is well aware of what is happening, there just isn't an avenue to put a stop to it.

I mean they did play Butler and Dutch Fork...they play PD this year. I agree that they should try and get into Georgia to schedule a game.
They play PD and Butler this year not sure who their other non conference opponents are.

Nobody is scared to turn them in, they are doing it legally. Thomas Davis has a legit Weddington address, and the kids are living with him. After the situation with KJ last year, the county is well aware of what is happening, there just isn't an avenue to put a stop to it.
CG42 has a point. It’s all legal. Is it right? Subjective.

Not even mad at Thomas Davis or Weddington, just don't understand how a parent could sign over their custodial rights to another human being just to win a high school ring. Absolutely mind boggling!!
Doubt it's to win a high school ring. More like the exposure, opportunity and environment they are seeking. If given the chance to put an athlete with elite coaching and facilities compared to what you have and it will further elevate their skills to make them better and more college opportunities,it can be a hard choice.

Doubt it's to win a high school ring. More like the exposure, opportunity and environment they are seeking. If given the chance to put an athlete with elite coaching and facilities compared to what you have and it will further elevate their skills to make them better and more college opportunities,it can be a hard choice.
Nobody is getting an offer because they move to Weddington. These college coaches are killing the Charlotte area when it comes to recruiting. You have to be hiding under a rock not to be recruited in this area, if you can play. You can stay home and get that same offer. They might be creating a better opportunity to possibly win a State Championship, and that’s not guaranteed. At the end of day, you can have 10 offers, but by time you’re ready to commit, only 2 or 3 of them are probably committable . You can only attend one school. No matter who your Coach is, you still have to be evaluated by the staff. There are Coaches that have great relationships with college coaches, that can get you evaluated, but it’s a myth that they’re offering committable offers, because a high school coach told them so. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdadd11103
Hmmmm. When the Charlotte schools said the same thing they were called cheats and eviscerated on here. When it's weddington raiding the state it's better opportunities? Make it make sense. More like they loading a team to make sure they win. You can get noticed just about anywhere now. If u can't play transferring to weddington won't make u better and staying at ya homeschooling u will get noticed if u can play. Waiting on the outrage....

Nobody is getting an offer because they move to Weddington. These college coaches are killing the Charlotte area when it comes to recruiting. You have to be hiding under a rock not to be recruited in this area, if you can play. You can stay home and get that same offer. They might be creating a better opportunity to possibly win a State Championship, and that’s not guaranteed. At the end of day, you can have 10 offers, but by time you’re ready to commit, only 2 or 3 of them are probably committable . You can only attend one school. No matter who your Coach is, you still have to be evaluated by the staff. There are Coaches that have great relationships with college coaches, that can get you evaluated, but it’s a myth that they’re offering committable offers, because a high school coach told them so. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Never said it was to get an offer, I was saying more for the exposure and coaching. One of the Cleveland County kids that just transferred there was getting offers but I feel the move was more to get more coaching from his private trainer and to go against stiffer competition.

Reactions: nepsy7
Never said it was to get an offer, I was saying more for the exposure and coaching. One of the Cleveland County kids that just transferred there was getting offers but I feel the move was more to get more coaching from his private trainer and to go against stiffer competition.
Gotcha!

Hmmmm. When the Charlotte schools said the same thing they were called cheats and eviscerated on here. When it's weddington raiding the state it's better opportunities? Make it make sense. More like they loading a team to make sure they win. You can get noticed just about anywhere now. If u can't play transferring to weddington won't make u better and staying at ya homeschooling u will get noticed if u can play. Waiting on the outrage....
I have never said any school cheats, I believe it's ok as long as rules aren't broken. If it's a legit move or paid transfer and know coach directly asked, I don't see anything wrong with a kid moving to a different school. I did it for my kid for the coaching, so I'm one of those that has made a move to a better situation.

Exposure and facilities? Exposure to what? He had traveled all over the country competing in high school. UCPS facilities are trash across the board. Coaching I can see, except for the fact that Capone wasn’t his position coach. Still can’t convince me that signing over your custodial rights is the right decision for high school. That is laughable

Exposure and facilities? Exposure to what? He had traveled all over the country competing in high school. UCPS facilities are trash across the board. Coaching I can see, except for the fact that Capone wasn’t his position coach. Still can’t convince me that signing over your custodial rights is the right decision for high school. That is laughable
I was just saying in general when people look at decisions to move. UC facilities may not be the best but from were some people play(come from) its night and day. Exposure comes from the social media side as well as when colleges come to look at their other recruits. Name recognition is big now a days

Charlotte is a small dot on the map recruiting wise. Towns like Miami, Florida, Dallas, Texas Long Beach, California are big pools of talent for recruiters because of the level of competition. No knock on North Carolina because I live here and love the kids and the football here. But for the most part, the best team in North Carolina is not even the top 50 teams in the nation . It's just my opinion, but I think that this is a super team that's been pulled together to win another state championship.

Exposure and coaching? Hmmmm. Besides Charlotte what area in the state has better coaching and talent than Cleveland County? Won't even mention the championship caliber teams they have there. Uprooting a family/player to go an hour away? Curious to how all these families from across the state just all decide weddington? Especially given the cost of the area

I mean they did play Butler and Dutch Fork...they play PD this year. I agree that they should try and get into Georgia to schedule a game.
Yeah...I was thinking more like IMG, Gorman, Desoto, Aquinas....I have a ton of respect for the job TK has done at DF but talent wise he had more at Indy.

If Weddington is gonna start bringing in kids from everywhere now ( which is great)...then the schedule needs to match the talent Fyi- Can't lose to Marvin Ridge anymore either. Let's see them on the big stage against the top tier recruited up HS teams.

If you have multiple power 5 recruits then you can't get excited about dominating 4a. ...

I think Weddington will at least try and schedule stiff competition relative to their talent unlike Grimsley. Weddington won’t be tested in their conference at all.

And the valid point here is that Weddington has become the IMG academy of North Carolina. There is no difference other than Weddington being a public school. IMG can be beat. I them watched them play a public school for Miami that whipped them last year. If this becomes an every year thing for weddington, I agree they need to start playing a lot of out-of-state games.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
And the valid point here is that Weddington has become the IMG academy of North Carolina. There is no difference other than Weddington being a public school. IMG can be beat. I them watched them play a public school for Miami that whipped them last year. If this becomes an every year thing for weddington, I agree they need to start playing a lot of out-of-state games.
Slow down! They don’t have a fraction of the talent of an IMG. They’re a sound program with a few good pieces. That’s it! 🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: btango
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT