ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton Vs. St Pauls

1) It's not unbalanced like me it's called the single wing. Today they call it the wildcat (variation) Princeton has ran it since football started at the school under Harvey Brooks, I played 4 years for him. Great coach. Hall of famer. 2) They don't have a QB but a blocking back. He's the
Bro Bro
Wait..... #2, #3 or #5 the QB? LOL
Princeton has #5 down as the QB but #3 seems to in that position and playing QB Keeper all night.

What I see is up the middle, outside, up the middle, outside all night......... all night

I got bored of watching Ground game all night.

and lets's not forget their trickery fake plays in the Red Zone - "Fake Field Goal"

I'd like to clear something up. Princetons offense is the Single wing. it's where the wildcat used in college and the NFL came from. All 4 backs can run Or throw the ball. There isn't really a QB per se, but he calls the plays , cadence and snap count. Princeton has been running it since the school started football under Harvey Brooks. It's designed to get 3-4 yards a carry. Wear down defenses and control the clock. I ran it under Harvey Brooks at Princeton for 4 years. Ran right it can get long runs but was really designed for grind it out football. It's not a trick play offense. And the fake field goal that was shown was actually a mishandled snap ,I was there just watch closer. I'm not making any predictions because Ive seen all 4 teams play in person this year. My job has me traveling alot. You'll have better odds flipping a coin. Nothing against any teams. Both games are going to be, no pun intended, barn burnin dog fights Friday night. They've all earned the right to be there. This is just my opinion. Good luck to all!!

Screenshot
Daagoob
This was his statements during the St. Pauls vs Whiteville thread. This thread ended up with 5 pages. We didn't see him after the 3rd page. Here were his prediction...... How did this work out? LOL

Watching film on SP I thing Whiteville scores 35 pts. Holds SP to 18
So Simmons had Whiteville winning by 15 tonight. I think it 3 TDs but take a 2 pt. win.
It's time to play ball. It's shut up or put up my friends. Hope to see you in 4 round. I love high school football especially this time of year.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I'm not convinced Princeton has enough to surpass SP. Their play show is just that, a show. From the coach to the youngest player, SP is serious. SP will circulate, dominate, and celebrate in the end.

SP by 12

User I been here everyday my friend. NE gets their ASS kicked Friday wait see. Also Princeton beats SP. That one will be close.
I agree Princeton and Wallace seen both of them play. Jimbo Jackson for Princeton is a man amongst boys. I don’t think NE beats Wallace. Looking for a tight game between Wallace vs NE. If NE establish the pass Wallace maybe in trouble. Princeton will wear down St. Paul. Brooks plays Princeton by 14 if not Princeton lose by nail bitter 28-31

I agree Princeton and Wallace seen both of them play. Jimbo Jackson for Princeton is a man amongst boys. I don’t think NE beats Wallace. Looking for a tight game between Wallace vs NE. If NE establish the pass Wallace maybe in trouble. Princeton will wear down St. Paul. Brooks plays Princeton by 14 if not Princeton lose by nail bitter 28-31
Is Brooks even playing(injured)?
So surprised their game plan has not been studied a bit more.
1) It's not unbalanced like me it's called the single wing. Today they call it the wildcat (variation) Princeton has ran it since football started at the school under Harvey Brooks, I played 4 years for him. Great coach. Hall of famer. 2) They don't have a QB but a blocking back. He's the

I'd like to clear something up. Princetons offense is the Single wing. it's where the wildcat used in college and the NFL came from. All 4 backs can run Or throw the ball. There isn't really a QB per se, but he calls the plays , cadence and snap count. Princeton has been running it since the school started football under Harvey Brooks. It's designed to get 3-4 yards a carry. Wear down defenses and control the clock. I ran it under Harvey Brooks at Princeton for 4 years. Ran right it can get long runs but was really designed for grind it out football. It's not a trick play offense. And the fake field goal that was shown was actually a mishandled snap ,I was there just watch closer. I'm not making any predictions because Ive seen all 4 teams play in person this year. My job has me traveling alot. You'll have better odds flipping a coin. Nothing against any teams. Both games are going to be, no pun intended, barn burnin dog fights Friday night. They've all earned the right to be there. This is just my opinion. Good luck to all!!
I thought I was confused. Then again I knew I knew I was not lost at what I was seeing. Thank you for the clarification.

Reactions: PapaJ68
UNC91 i am still around crying over them 6 turnovers. I have not been on here as much because i am getting ready for a hip replacement. I still want you to still set there and fish,and you might catch something soon or later.LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Simmon has Princeton by four points, but he also had Whiteville by 15. I'll hold off till 10 p.m.
Yeah I'm with you. All 4 teams earned their way here, but at this point 1 wrong bounce or bad call and it's anybody's game. I'm in SC at families, but I'll be watching them on the net tonight. Good luck to all and hopefully I'll have finger nails left after 🤣🤣

Yeah I'm with you. All 4 teams earned their way here, but at this point 1 wrong bounce or bad call and it's anybody's game. I'm in SC at families, but I'll be watching them on the net tonight. Good luck to all and hopefully I'll have finger nails left after 🤣🤣
It's even worse when you're in person and the game is tight. My toe nails have the potential to pierce the souls of my shoes.

I'm not convinced Princeton has enough to surpass SP. Their play show is just that, a show. From the coach to the youngest player, SP is serious. SP will circulate, dominate, and celebrate in the end.

How'd you like that show play??

Turning point SP has long TD run called back 2 plays later fumble from then on it was all Princeton…..really impressed with the size of their oline and they really stay on their blocks really got to be discipline vs that single wing even watching on video hard to keep up with who had the ball I can only imagine what it was like in the trenches. Congrats to Princeton on the win and congrats to St. Paul’s on a successful season

Turning point SP has long TD run called back 2 plays later fumble from then on it was all Princeton…..really impressed with the size of their oline and they really stay on their blocks really got to be discipline vs that single wing even watching on video hard to keep up with who had the ball I can only imagine what it was like in the trenches. Congrats to Princeton on the win and congrats to St. Paul’s on a successful season
All I kept hearing behind the visitor side fence is "Get ready boys, its the same play. It's the same play. Now stop them". I told myself "it must be easier said than done on the field." I am still not sure what Princeton saw and/or changed in the 2nd half, but whatever it was, they dominated.

Princeton #74 and #78 was the wall of heaven for them pushing through St. Paul's Defense. They just made it look too easy and ended up taking the game.

Congratulations to St. Pauls on a season worth talking about. They did it twice. They were the only team to go the farthest and almost to the Championship again. St. Paul's will be back next season for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT