ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the Playoffs: Who Takes the Title

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
Who do you think will take home the Title this year in the 4A and 4AA Division?

NCPreps wants to hear your predictions!

that means vance would have beaten potentially, cc, sc,dudley, 71st or brown or N davidson just to get to the finals (in some combination). That would be the greatest accomplishment in NC HS football history.

Reactions: footsoldier
and all on the road. i would take some action on that

Last edited:
that means vance would have beaten potentially, cc, sc,dudley, 71st or brown or N davidson just to get to the finals (in some combination). That would be the greatest accomplishment in NC HS football history.

Don't let their record fool you. They lost in the Western Regional finals last year going for 2 , the last play of the game. the majority of their players have returned. They are very dangerous. They will have a very difficult task making it past CC. If they make it out of the West, they will handle every team out of the East.

Greatest accomplishment in NC HS football History? Come on man! That's really really stretching.

Last edited:
Our boys have a tough schedule but I think if they play like they did vs MC and Hough....a state run is possible

Greatest - for a 6-5 team go find one that has done that against 3 recently state finalist. you can't! I know they are one of your teams but do you really believe they will do this? I didn't say can do this. Talent is there but talent doesn't always win out especially underachieving talent.

Not one of my Teams, but I'm very familiar with their program.. I have seen Teams start clicking and get hot in the playoffs. Vance is very capable. It's not like them beating CC or Scotland would be an upset? They can match any Team in the State with their talent. I went 1-6 with my pics for the season. Very possible I'm wrong...lol

Or they might just get beat by 4 td's Friday night. I can see them beating CC then lose to 71st or make a possible game with Scotland.
It's all possible.

In a one game scenario, I think Vance can beat any team mentioned in this thread (MC and Butler included), but consistency has not been one of their calling cards under Brand, so to execute at that high of a level for that many weeks in a row is probably not possible for them. At some point in time (if nothing else), they are just going to beat themselves with penalties and questionable coaching (no matter what the other team is doing). And that's IF they're not already getting beat by their opponent to begin with.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaidersRocks
Your right anything is possible..now I'm not familiar with most of the teams in our bracket but I know with the o-line and front four on the d-line...we can keep any game close. I agree cc will b a test of our discipline...they are a well coached team with a simple but diverse scheme..but we should b up for the challenge

Greatest 6-5 team ever? Let me tell you there is nothing great about a team that goes 6-5. They were in a tough conference indeed, but they were a whole lot more talented than any team they played this year outside of MC and they stunk it up in just about every big game they played this season (MC, RH SP, NM, Hough, and Brown). They beat a whole bunch of bad teams to get to their 6 wins. The only teams in their conference they beat was West Charlotte and Hopewell, who they beat by a whopping 1 point! Vance could very well score many points friday night, but I don't think they are disciplined enough to stop Catholic's offense with Anderson and those other kids carrying the rock for CC. CC scores ATLEAST 28 friday night..and that is on the worst night possible for them.

Good bye Vance, great talent, but didn't play to their full potential this season, which partly is due to injury. That can't be an excuse though because MC went through some injuries and didn't got 6-5, butler was on the news every day of the week a couple weeks ago and had kids missing games and kicked off the team and they didn't go 6-5. Vance loses lots of talent after this season and they might very well go back to being a middle of the pack team concerning talent. If they couldn't win with talent this season, scary to see what they do when they lose Anthony Butler, Jonathen Ifedi, Myles Dorn, Spencer, Reynolds, Moriera, etc. Shame Shame.

Your 100% right I can't say your wrong. With injuries, dumb penalties, coaching, and all around bad play we should have won all the games we lost. But I'll go back to my last year in high school where my school was 10-1 entering the playoffs and a top seed and lost in the 2nd round..and the team that won it was was like 7-4 but got healed and hot and went on this unbelievable run..so you never know from when the playoffs start.

And it will not happen either. Vance washes their jock straps for the final time Friday night. Season OVER.

Greatest 6-5 team ever? Let me tell you there is nothing great about a team that goes 6-5. They were in a tough conference indeed, but they were a whole lot more talented than any team they played this year outside of MC and they stunk it up in just about every big game they played this season (MC, RH SP, NM, Hough, and Brown). They beat a whole bunch of bad teams to get to their 6 wins. The only teams in their conference they beat was West Charlotte and Hopewell, who they beat by a whopping 1 point! Vance could very well score many points friday night, but I don't think they are disciplined enough to stop Catholic's offense with Anderson and those other kids carrying the rock for CC. CC scores ATLEAST 28 friday night..and that is on the worst night possible for them.
Good bye Vance, great talent, but didn't play to their full potential this season, which partly is due to injury. That can't be an excuse though because MC went through some injuries and didn't got 6-5, butler was on the news every day of the week a couple weeks ago and had kids missing games and kicked off the team and they didn't go 6-5. Vance loses lots of talent after this season and they might very well go back to being a middle of the pack team concerning talent. If they couldn't win with talent this season, scary to see what they do when they lose Anthony Butler, Jonathen Ifedi, Myles Dorn, Spencer, Reynolds, Moriera, etc. Shame Shame.
Not what I said. I was stating if they could as a 6-5 team that would be the greatest accomplishment in NC HS Football history. Now I for one don't believe it is going to happen. They have shown that they can't get out of their own way and normally you just don't loose that.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Scotland 4A
Richmond 4AA
puzzled-smiley-emoticon.gif

Whoever said Vance should schedule a check-up ASAP.

4A: the winner of CC-Scotland
4AA: whoever wins the Charlotte State Championship between MC, Butler, and Hough

The East looks weak in 4A, and the West is loaded in both 4A & 4AA:

4A: Dudley over Hillside
4AA: Mallard Creek over Jack Britt

4A West will be tough with CC, Scotland, AL Brown, Vance & Dudley all in the same half of the bracket. The Scots are loaded and White is a game changer, so they may be the favorite to many. CC is very disciplined in what they do and don't make many mistakes, but I question their strength of schedule. AL Brown and Vance have been battle tested in that vicious Mecka 4A Conference. But with Dudley having home field advantage in the cold weather of Nov. & Dec. it will be hard to see a team going to Greensboro and beating the Panthers at home with a championship on the line and after the tough end to their season last year. Richmond got the best of the Panthers in their only defeat of the year 14-12. That was a sloppy Monday night game in a monsoon and under different conditions may have been a victory for Dudley.

4AA West looks like a Charlotte invitational with MC, Hough, Butler and the rest of the talent in the Queen City. East Forsyth comes in as the #1 seed but I don't know if they have enough firepower to defeat the Charlotte teams in the Regionals. This bracket is going to come down to whoevers defense decides to show up and make crucial stops. Butler plays great D, and Hough has played the best in the regular season, but with MC suffering that home loss in OT to Hough earlier in the season I think that will be motivation enough for them to return the favor in the 3rd Rd.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
4AA - Mallard Creek. Don't even let their 8-2 regular season record fool you. They played arguably the toughest schedule in the state, with injuries, and still were only 7 points away from being 11-0.

4A - Catholic takes home the trophy. Scotland is confident. Catholic takes the win.

catholic would have to beat vance, 71st, sc and dudley. i don't like those especially the last two on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT