ADVERTISEMENT

Post today's score, all classes.East/West

And survivor still says what if and good thing and the rest of posters say supthin is all that east surry had —

Reactions: sbbbfan
And survivor still says what if and good thing and the rest of posters say supthin is all that east surry had —
No I'm over that. But we were 2nd in state for a reason. Not by luck I will tell you that. We have done really well against the nw1a, just one loss.

No I'm over that. But we were 2nd in state for a reason. Not by luck I will tell you that. We have done really well against the nw1a, just one loss.
If you think our conference is weak, look at who's playing in 2a state championship game!! Not 1a 2a.

My team and your team are sitting at the house, but those cards are playing for a title and the NW1a is playing for 15 straight

My team and your team are sitting at the house, but those cards are playing for a title and the NW1a is playing for 15 straight
Split conference with a darn good mh team, and a good young Mitchell team. Also, like I said 40 points would not have beat this Avery team. They speed the game up, ma tried to slow it down as well as Murphy and it backfired on ma and Murphy made enough plays in ot to win. But Murphy beat us and played great when they had to. I kind of wander why Murphy's coach didn't learn his lesson from the other night against us about trying to play keep away. They tried to get Rogers involved n 2nd half against us but we adjusted defensively. We made them beat us shooting the ball and they hit shots. Why did Murphy go away from the inside game? I don't understand

No not next year. Not for 10 or 20 years. Also, we didn't shoot ball well other night and still was in game. We attack the basket and get to foul line. And no I don't think they would played bad, they played in this game not long ago. Very young then. We played in final four two years ago, and all y'all talked about was how the Murphy ma was the state championship game in the quarterfinals. We were right there with both teams that year, just like we were right there with both teams this year. Good thing Avery was sitting at home today because 40 points would not have gotten it done against them. They are way too aggressive and experienced. Murphy hit lots of contested shots, and you know that great mh team that is undefeated and everybody said would get put out, They are going to state championship just like I said they would, and we gave them two really good games.
Just curious what your thoughts are on the Farmville.. Heritage game I don't know one thing about the Lady Jaguars but you have to be a darn good team to be undefeted.

Just curious what your thoughts are on the Farmville.. Heritage game I don't know one thing about the Lady Jaguars but you have to be a darn good team to be undefeted.
Yea I really don't know much about farmville's team. But I know 2a east girls teams have been tough to beat over the years. The two north pitt girls teams were great and the Clinton team that beat north Surry two years ago when sutphin was a freshman at north Surry was really good. I posted in your other forum bout my thoughts on the game.

Survivor says IF , after he was told in the beginning. This team beat that team and cause we beat that team means we beat this team. HOGWASH!!! Mt. Airy beat forbush but it can’t be the forbush team I’m watching right now , cause the falcons are on fire. Mbd, your girl Rogers in the middle is an animal. They had control the whole way, just one of those once in a lifetime shots at the end. Happy for the Cards . Never felt like the got going in the game till the end. Hopefully they can bring another one back to the NWC
Whatever!! They destroyed forbush in 2nd half. Their depth is hard to deal with for 4 quarters. We were right there with them twice during the season going into 4th, and their depth took over. We were tired and could not make shots. Where do you think most of Mitchell's losses come from Avery and mh 3 of avery s came to mh.

Pamlico in championship 3 years in a row. They are going to get tired of playing the NW1A
They are going to get tired of losing to the nw1a as well. Whoever won west deserves a ring. 3 western teams would have won it all. I will even throw Cherokee and ua in the picture as well. Possibly 5 teams or 6 if you count ma lol.

Thought this was interesting. Who was the last 1A Boys school that was not Magnet, Charter or Private to win the 1A Boys ?

#1 East Surry Girls vs #1 Pamlico Girls = 2 Public Schools
#9 Bishop Boys vs #2 Henderson Collegiate = 1 Private vs 1 Charter

Last edited:
Yea I really don't know much about farmville's team. But I know 2a east girls teams have been tough to beat over the years. The two north pitt girls teams were great and the Clinton team that beat north Surry two years ago when sutphin was a freshman at north Surry was really good. I posted in your other forum bout my thoughts on the game.
Thanks I appreciate your knowledge and have enjoyed all the back and fourth on this thread today you all have made some interesting points I know it's heart breaking as hell to lead whole game just to get beat at the buzzer I guess that's part of being a fan is the thrill of winning and the agony of defeat losing just plan sucks some games you never get over

Whatever!! They destroyed forbush in 2nd half. Their depth is hard to deal with for 4 quarters. We were right there with them twice during the season going into 4th, and their depth took over. We were tired and could not make shots. Where do you think most of Mitchell's losses come from Avery and mh 3 of avery s came to mh.
You like to use “if” a lot and IF your girls wouldn’t have lost to murphy one of their losses would’ve came to East Surry but if you wanna think y’all wouldve won I’ll let you. Whatever helps you sleep at night, fact is the cards will be playing in the Dean Dome and Avery will be at home just like they were today.

You like to use “if” a lot and IF your girls wouldn’t have lost to murphy one of their losses would’ve came to East Surry but if you wanna think y’all wouldve won I’ll let you. Whatever helps you sleep at night, fact is the cards will be playing in the Dean Dome and Avery will be at home just like they were today.
I think you have had a lot of luck along the way. Cherokee and Murphy both. You think if Murphy had missed free throws in the game and ot we would not have been there today. I was never worried bout playing es in the playoffs, I was worried bout Murphy. I know 1 thing I know 40 points would not have beat Avery.

I think you have had a lot of luck along the way. Cherokee and Murphy both. You think if Murphy had missed free throws in the game and ot we would not have been there today. I was never worried bout playing es in the playoffs, I was worried bout Murphy. I know 1 thing I know 40 points would not have beat Avery.
Some people have all the luck!!

Yea and maybe one of east surry's losses would have come to Avery. Your conference will run out of luck one day. Just a matter of time. You are no ma from last year by any means.

Reactions: AHVikingNation
Murphy knows 40 points want beat Avery.

Congrats to all who are moving on to the title games.

In 1a women, congrats to ES for surviving the west. Impressive run for any team especially for one this young. The future looks bright. There has been a lot of discussion on here about conferences, for now the NW1a rules. Sort of like the SMC in small football until someone knocks them off they reign. No doubt the SMC along with the WHC were both great conferences but at the end of the day the 1a still runs through the NW. Been a great year for ES sports.

Speaking of WHC, congrats to the Cougars for making it to the finals. For Farmville Central, beware of the second half. Amazing how many games that Heritage has played this season in which they have been in a fight until the late 3rd or 4th quarter when they just take it to another level.

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Murphy knows 40 points want beat Avery.
That’s just another what If like always if you would’ve told me murphy was only going to score 38 I would’ve said we were going to win by 20+ but that’s just not how it always works. That’s just part of sports and that’s why we love them and they keep us coming back you can’t tell until the final horn sounds. To say 40 isn’t enough may be true on most nights but to think y’all wouldve won that game instead of East is absurd yes it’s possible but your acting as if it would’ve been on lock but hey whatever helps you sleep at night bud.

That’s just another what If like always if you would’ve told me murphy was only going to score 38 I would’ve said we were going to win by 20+ but that’s just not how it always works. That’s just part of sports and that’s why we love them and they keep us coming back you can’t tell until the final horn sounds. To say 40 isn’t enough may be true on most nights but to think y’all wouldve won that game instead of East is absurd yes it’s possible but your acting as if it would’ve been on lock but hey whatever helps you sleep at night bud.
I know we would have won. We about won with them hitting everything they threw up, mainly 3's. And we are not even a 3 point shooting team, and stayed in game. I know if they missed shots, easy win. We have top 5 scorer in state, and no matter how good you are you want stop her for 32 minutes. Everybody that beat us had upper 50's, and 60's.

I know we would have won. We about won with them hitting everything they threw up, mainly 3's. And we are not even a 3 point shooting team, and stayed in game. I know if they missed shots, easy win. We have top 5 scorer in state, and no matter how good you are you want stop her for 32 minutes. Everybody that beat us had upper 50's, and 60's.
But I will admit pamlico has nothing for es.

I am a Mount Airy fan but always pull for the NWC 1st and whoever wins the west Championship next. East Surry won the west and all the ifs and or but will not change that, so give it up survivor 1110 your team, my team and all the rest of the west teams will be at home next Saturday unless you go to the game. I will keep up with it at home as I do all the games for my area. East Surry vs Pamlico for the State Championship Good Luck East Surry and keep the Girls State Championship in Surry County for the third straight year.

You act like y’all had a dang WNBA team on the court if y’all were so dang unstoppable you’d have played yesterday and would be playing on Saturday I understand you obviously really liked that group of girls but they wouldn’t be at home right now if they were as good as you say.

You act like y’all had a dang WNBA team on the court if y’all were so dang unstoppable you’d have played yesterday and would be playing on Saturday I understand you obviously really liked that group of girls but they wouldn’t be at home right now if they were as good as you say.
Like I said anybody can lose 1 game. You are one to talk. Two smc teams gave you the game. If it weren't for miscues by both teams, a technical for Cherokee. And missed free throws, you would have 2 losses. Avery and es never got to play. Why final 8 teams should play 1 state tournament, and settle it fairly.

Like I said anybody can lose 1 game. You are one to talk. Two smc teams gave you the game. If it weren't for miscues by both teams, a technical for Cherokee. And missed free throws, you would have 2 losses. Avery and es never got to play. Why final 8 teams should play 1 state tournament, and settle it fairly.
That’s sports why even watch them if there isn’t any mistakes and big plays that’s what makes them great. I understand you feel like Avery was the best team but the tournament says otherwise you can talk all you want but talk is all you can do because after next week East Surry will hang a banner in the gym and Avery won’t plain and simple. Too bad Avery wasn’t good enough to make it far enough to see East this year.

That’s sports why even watch them if there isn’t any mistakes and big plays that’s what makes them great. I understand you feel like Avery was the best team but the tournament says otherwise you can talk all you want but talk is all you can do because after next week East Surry will hang a banner in the gym and Avery won’t plain and simple. Too bad Avery wasn’t good enough to make it far enough to see East this year.
Oh yea too bad. Why they need playoff format that's better. You benefited twice off of mistakes . Like you already said you will have a banner hanging. I agree 100 percent. That's the point of having 8 best teams play it out. Instead of having an overrated pamlico team in championship. You would be playing a more deserving team from the west that deserves it. Instead of blowing everybody out, the western teams are in dogfights as early as 2nd round. You know how bad it is when people are talking bout a game being the state championship in the 4th round just on one side of the state. Ridiculous. I live right on tennessee nc border. So I know and have seen lot more basketball than some people. Tennessee has a way better format that puts the best,teams in the best game. Nc is a joke!!

Oh yea too bad. Why they need playoff format that's better. You benefited twice off of mistakes . Like you already said you will have a banner hanging. I agree 100 percent. That's the point of having 8 best teams play it out. Instead of having an overrated pamlico team in championship. You would be playing a more deserving team from the west that deserves it. Instead of blowing everybody out, the western teams are in dogfights as early as 2nd round. You know how bad it is when people are talking bout a game being the state championship in the 4th round just on one side of the state. Ridiculous. I live right on tennessee nc border. So I know and have seen lot more basketball than some people. Tennessee has a way better format that puts the best,teams in the best game. Nc is a joke!!
Not good enough lol. Not lucky enough. You are lucky plain and simple.

Reactions: KW23
Not good enough lol. Not lucky enough. You are lucky plain and simple.
Well dang why don’t you just bring Avery on down to pilot mountain and see. And as far as the playoff format goes it’s either a dogfight early or a dogfight late either way the best teams will meet each other at some point gotta win them all to get the title anyway who cares when you play.

Well dang why don’t you just bring Avery on down to pilot mountain and see. And as far as the playoff format goes it’s either a dogfight early or a dogfight late either way the best teams will meet each other at some point gotta win them all to get the title anyway who cares when you play.
Like I said you are biased cause your team is in state championship game. I want to hear what some other good schools that have been on losing side have to say on subject. Like Murphy and Cherokee fans. Your logic makes no sense. You are basically saying these 3 good teams from the west should sit at home over pamlico!!! It matters a lot to these athletes, playing in a title game would mean everything to these athletes and schools. Just to have the opportunity to play in one. So yes it does matter when you play who. The 1st and 3rd ranked teams should not be playing in 3rd round. It's a joke!!

Reactions: KW23
Like I said you are biased cause your team is in state championship game. I want to hear what some other good schools that have been on losing side have to say on subject. Like Murphy and Cherokee fans. Your logic makes no sense. You are basically saying these 3 good teams from the west should sit at home over pamlico!!! It matters a lot to these athletes, playing in a title game would mean everything to these athletes and schools. Just to have the opportunity to play in one. So yes it does matter when you play who. The 1st and 3rd ranked teams should not be playing in 3rd round. It's a joke!!
Playing in a game is nothing more than a participation trophy the goal should be to win it all and to win it all you have to beat everyone anyway why does it matter when you face them. What difference does it make if you lose to East in the state title or the second round still didn’t win it.

Indeed luck and mistakes always play a vital role in sporting events. I thought Murphy and East Surry both looked rattled throughout the game. I think pressure, crowd size and noise probably played a big part in that. Both teams played hard, but just not great execution. Murphy had numerous chances to put some distance between the 2, but just couldn't do it. I have to give credit to East Surry for keeping it close and giving theirselves a chance at the end, which they took full advantage of. Very dissapointed to see Murphys season end on that note. I honestly do believe Murphy will be right back in the mix next season. As far as Avery goes, they had a great season but its over. The ifs, ands, and buts are pointless. Heaven knows i played out a million different scenarios last night on how Murphy could have won that game......but that wont change anything. They lost and its time to move forward. On a side note, i dont know what was more maddening, the announcer repeatedly saying East Curry or the camera person not moving with the action. Nothing like watching the opposite end of the court of where the action is taking place. Congrats to East Surry

I had the opportunity to watch Avery, Murphy, and East Surry play this year and all 3 were great teams. But someone has to win and someone has to lose. That’s just the way the it goes. I saw Avery play 2 yrs ago and I said then they would win state, but teams change, other teams come on and other players come up. Just be happy that you got to watch Avery’s girls play and be successful. Sure they didn’t win it all but they still were successful. I thought Avery would finally dethrone Mtn Heritage but it didn’t happen. But it doesn’t take away from what that group of girls accomplished while they were there. It was a great group and they should be proud. I thought Mitchell boys would win the state in football the past 2 yrs but it didn’t happen. But that doesn’t take away from what they did accomplish. I think Mitchell girls will win the state the next 2 yrs. And as far fetched as that sounds that’s what I believe. And if they don’t, then I’m going to be grateful for whatever they can accomplish.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I had the opportunity to watch Avery, Murphy, and East Surry play this year and all 3 were great teams. But someone has to win and someone has to lose. That’s just the way the it goes. I saw Avery play 2 yrs ago and I said then they would win state, but teams change, other teams come on and other players come up. Just be happy that you got to watch Avery’s girls play and be successful. Sure they didn’t win it all but they still were successful. I thought Avery would finally dethrone Mtn Heritage but it didn’t happen. But it doesn’t take away from what that group of girls accomplished while they were there. It was a great group and they should be proud. I thought Mitchell boys would win the state in football the past 2 yrs but it didn’t happen. But that doesn’t take away from what they did accomplish. I think Mitchell girls will win the state the next 2 yrs. And as far fetched as that sounds that’s what I believe. And if they don’t, then I’m going to be grateful for whatever they can accomplish.
Mitchell girls in 2 years maybe not next year with East returning every player on the roster

1st off, I was trying to put Avery’s season in perspective. 2nd, I was saying what I believed as a fan, not as someone with no bias. So the question is, are you just trying to be an a**, or do you think you’re that good? Cause honestly I wasn’t that impressed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT