ADVERTISEMENT

Possible upsets

I,am going with Kinston,East Bladen,Midway, maybe Bartlett Yancey, and Hertford County. What do you think. By the way i love that Whiteville is flying under the radar. Keep it that way.
I don't see ebladen beating jk. Jk much improved, can run and pass. They gonna give u guys a good game. All we(wrh) wanted last wk

Reactions: dogs79
I thought i would hear from a Wallace fan. Now where is the Clinton fans? Just did this for fun. Wish all teams good luck with no injures.

I,am going with Kinston,East Bladen,Midway, maybe Bartlett Yancey, and Hertford County. What do you think. By the way i love that Whiteville is flying under the radar. Keep it that way.
Whiteville flying under the radar, you don’t even believe anyone thinks that. The Pack is one of the favorites to win the East. If you’d have said maybe St Paul’s,West Craven, or Cummings then I’d have agreed with you.

Whiteville flying under the radar, you don’t even believe anyone thinks that. The Pack is one of the favorites to win the East. If you’d have said maybe St Paul’s,West Craven, or Cummings then I’d have agreed with you.

Ne flying under the radar

Reactions: daagoob

Cummings has really flown under the radar. Hope their qb is back he’s been out a while

Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
The reason y Whiteville is under the radar,because they haven’t played anybody over the radar.A winning record that is.
I figured it wouldn't take long for you say something,but you are right because we have played only one team with a winning record and that was North Brunswick in 3a with a 6and 4 record i believe,but did play 4a Hoggard even and beat 4a Laney in a scrimmage and also beat a 5a school in SC . Whats Fairmont record? I forgot they didn't make the playoffs did they.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
It wouldn't be an upset to me but most of the other posters talking on here would think it was.
Agreed

If we had more posters on these forums from our area it would probably help things a bit up here. There are zero posters from HC, Camden, P Tank, etc. Bertie County, NE, Manteo, and Holmes do have representation up here but not like the schools down south. Football just isn’t the same up here unfortunately.

• Haha
daagoob correct me if i am wrong, but i think Whiteville played Northeastern back in the mid 80s in the playoffs. I think it was a new school way out in the sticks. We won the game, but i do not remenber the score. I checked max preps but they do not go back that far. I am 72 and i know you are not that old so you probably do not remember either.

Strick68 u right can’t get mad with the truth.But according to RPI we played the toughest schedule in 2a.No cupcakes on our schedule.

daagoob correct me if i am wrong, but i think Whiteville played Northeastern back in the mid 80s in the playoffs. I think it was a new school way out in the sticks. We won the game, but i do not remenber the score. I checked max preps but they do not go back that far. I am 72 and i know you are not that old so you probably do not remember either.
I wish I could answer this but I just don’t know. Friday night when I talked with Coach I told him I would love to play Whiteville. Not because I thought it would be an easy win but I think it would be an explosive game. From what I’ve read on these threads your pack has as good a chance to win the East as any team. I’ve heard all good stuff about your coach as well. If I’m not mistaken didn’t he come from Wrh? Also, people may think I’m joking about West Craven just because Otis and I are friends. They are in for a rude awakening if they overlook that team. That running back #7 is a stud and they are as big as we are on defense. Now they don’t have the speed that we have but they are good none the less. Two years ago our all everything kicker Caleb Brickhouse mentored and helped out the young kicker (jr) at WC. Caleb bragged on that kid when we talked. I got to see him play Friday night and he didn’t disappoint. He attempted one field from 30 yards and drilled it, and then his kickoffs were all very deep giving SWE a long field to work with. Someone like that can play a pivotal role in the playoffs. That is one dangerous team.

Strick68 u right can’t get mad with the truth.But according to RPI we played the toughest schedule in 2a.No cupcakes on our schedule.
I do not doubt that. Better luck next year. I wish we were still in the same conference because i have always liked Fairmont.

• Haha
@Strick68 I live two miles from Camden High. Both my daughters just recently graduated from there. Camden is a small rural school located 3 miles from downtown EC. They have a new coach and a very young team. I hate it for them that they have to make that 4 hr ride. You guys will have a running clock on them to start the second half. They aren’t even taking the band. Now just be glad you didn’t have to play them in volleyball or softball.

• Haha
I wish I could answer this but I just don’t know. Friday night when I talked with Coach I told him I would love to play Whiteville. Not because I thought it would be an easy win but I think it would be an explosive game. From what I’ve read on these threads your pack has as good a chance to win the East as any team. I’ve heard all good stuff about your coach as well. If I’m not mistaken didn’t he come from Wrh? Also, people may think I’m joking about West Craven just because Otis and I are friends. They are in for a rude awakening if they overlook that team. That running back #7 is a stud and they are as big as we are on defense. Now they don’t have the speed that we have but they are good none the less. Two years ago our all everything kicker Caleb Brickhouse mentored and helped out the young kicker (jr) at WC. Caleb bragged on that kid when we talked. I got to see him play Friday night and he didn’t disappoint. He attempted one field from 30 yards and drilled it, and then his kickoffs were all very deep giving SWE a long field to work with. Someone like that can play a pivotal role in the playoffs. That is one dangerous team.
Yes JP did coach at Wallace with his dad Joey Price. Wish we had a kicker like that. Ours is pretty good on xps, but has not tried a field goal. He kicks the ball down around the 20 to 25 yard line on kickoffs. That worries me because that is a very important part of the game. Special teams will win or lose you 2 games a year. If and a big if we are lucky enough maybe we will see each other for the eastern championship.

Reactions: daagoob
Agreed

If we had more posters on these forums from our area it would probably help things a bit up here. There are zero posters from HC, Camden, P Tank, etc. Bertie County, NE, Manteo, and Holmes do have representation up here but not like the schools down south. Football just isn’t the same up here unfortunately.
Goob when Edenton Holmes played Hertford County Friday night I saw an athletic, solid team that can make some noise if they bring their game. I know losses are losses but their three losses were to Tarboro, Northeastern and Holmes. I don’t know about the programs I haven’t seen before, but a good number of programs I have seen play would have taken those three losses also.

Goob when Edenton Holmes played Hertford County Friday night I saw an athletic, solid team that can make some noise if they bring their game. I know losses are losses but their three losses were to Tarboro, Northeastern and Holmes. I don’t know about the programs I haven’t seen before, but a good number of programs I have seen play would have taken those three losses also.
You are right, HC has some athletes and they have size. If I’m correct they usually make some noise in the playoffs and have been known to pull some upsets. I think that game is a toss up. I would be scared to bet on it that’s for sure. I tell you what sucks is that we most likely will have to play each other again in two weeks. I was really hoping your Aces would’ve gotten a shot against one of those Duplin teams but we’ll just make the most of it. Regardless of the outcome we’ll still have one team left from our conference moving to the third round. If Holmes wins I will be at every playoff game of theirs pulling for them.

I thought i would hear from a Wallace fan. Now where is the Clinton fans? Just did this for fun. Wish all teams good luck with no injures.
If HC beats us I wouldn’t consider it a upset similar records looks like 2 very evenly matched teams on film and paper……..when I think upsets im thinking a really high seed top 10 getting beat by someone in the 20 and back range….Midway beating South Granville as far as the East goes

Last edited:
  • Haha
Im going with Kinston and Midway in the east and Polk County in the weast

Not me. I'm looking forward to seeing u guys play Clinton. Surprised a panther guy would think that. Yal beat hertford down in the spring. I know teams aren't the same
DafrjHorses will take care of Hertford County; ED took care of them easily in the spring and Clinton Beat ED, WRH, and JK conference while winning 3 straight ECC Conference championships before getting exiled from the conference

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and sam
v16pw.jpg

Wiz is just getting us fired up for the playoffs...don't clip his wings...let him fly!

Ah yes, Clinton banished from, voted off, exiled, pushed away, didnt get a rose, all of that stuff by those power hungry Duplin schools.

I thought that was dead but alas, it is back again.

• Haha
Reactions: sam and UNC91
Clinton/HC is complete tossup. The Horses have played 2 good teams this year (I'm counting 3A Ledford as good even though they've kinda been just okay) ....and lost to both of them. The schedule is what is it is...(a shame the WRH game was canceled) ...but Clinton hasn't beaten anyone of consequence.

We shall see...but man Clinton really needs to win because it doesn't get much better than Clinton traveling to East Duplin.

Clinton/HC is complete tossup. The Horses have played 2 good teams this year (I'm counting 3A Ledford as good even though they've kinda been just okay) ....and lost to both of them. The schedule is what is it is...(a shame the WRH game was canceled) ...but Clinton hasn't beaten anyone of consequence.

We shall see...but man Clinton really needs to win because it doesn't get much better than Clinton traveling to East Duplin.
That’s a fair assessment and I agree we haven’t really beaten anyone of any merit….using that same formula who exactly has Hertford County “Beaten” yes just like us the best teams they have played (Tarboro,NE,Holmes) they loss who’s their marquee win against?………Friday will definitely be a highly competitive game teams are basically mirrors of each other as far as I see. Once again if HC beats us I don’t see it as a upset but I’m sure those wanting Clinton to fail will treat it as such……Friday is a must win not just because it’s a playoff game but back to back 1st round exits at home would be pretty devastating.

That’s a fair assessment and I agree we haven’t really beaten anyone of any merit….using that same formula who exactly has Hertford County “Beaten” yes just like us the best teams they have played (Tarboro,NE,Holmes) they loss who’s their marquee win against?………Friday will definitely be a highly competitive game teams are basically mirrors of each other as far as I see. Once again if HC beats us I don’t see it as a upset but I’m sure those wanting Clinton to fail will treat it as such……Friday is a must win not just because it’s a playoff game but back to back 1st round exits at home would be pretty devastating.
I would be very surprised if Clinton loses this Friday. I was surprised when they lost to e Randolph last yr. Yes, they have stumped their toes a couple games this yr, but this team has the components u need to win. Good senior leadership at qb, awesome oline, efficient defense. Only question i have is how bad do they want it

I would be very surprised if Clinton loses this Friday. I was surprised when they lost to e Randolph last yr. Yes, they have stumped their toes a couple games this yr, but this team has the components u need to win. Good senior leadership at qb, awesome oline, efficient defense. Only question i have is how bad do they want it
I agree with all above except the “efficient” defense it’s been good against lesser teams….I need to see it vs someone with a pulse….a lot of youth on that side of the ball so it’s expected….not bad but they just have to execute better hopefully Friday we see that.

Reactions: dogs79

Sam, tell me who anyone else has beaten significantly,East Duplin over Wallace? okay and who have the beaten Please don’t say Kinston. Ledford is better than Kinston. Ledford? You don’t know anything about Ledford. They were ranked #1 in 3A West at the time f play, they have 2 Div 1 recruits. They are ranked #10 in 3A West. Clinton led in the 4th qtr of both of the games they lost, just couldn’t close the deal
One problem with the polling, rpi, seeding, and fan thought is no one really respects St Paul. I didn’t until I saw them. I’m going to make a prediction here first I don’t have any idea who is going to win the bottom half of the 2A bracket. I honestly think it could be anyone of 6 teams BUT! St Paul’s will win the upper half of the eastern 2A bracket and will play for the eastern championship. They played for the state 2AA championship and has a good chance of playing for the AA title this year.
There you have my opinion, yes I love our DarkHorses and they’re one of those 6 teams
Honestly how can there be so much a competitive difference between the upper bracket and the lowered bracket

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
After last year how bad do you think???????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT