ADVERTISEMENT

Possible upsets

I agree with all above except the “efficient” defense it’s been good against lesser teams….I need to see it vs someone with a pulse….a lot of youth on that side of the ball so it’s expected….not bad but they just have to execute better hopefully Friday we see that.
I like what old Marquette coach Al McGuire said about freshman (in this case underclassman) playing at the end of the year in tournament play; “they are t freshman (underclassman in this case) anymore”

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
@Wizard of the East i think you made a good point about who have any of these teams played that were really good. I can tell you that we haven’t played any real good teams. We have played a few decent teams (Holmes,Rose,Hertford County,Currituck) but no one the caliber of Salisbury or West Craven. Things will be interesting this Friday in Clinton and then next week things will start to heat up for most.

• Haha
Sam, tell me who anyone else has beaten significantly,East Duplin over Wallace? okay and who have the beaten Please don’t say Kinston. Ledford is better than Kinston. Ledford? You don’t know anything about Ledford. They were ranked #1 in 3A West at the time f play, they have 2 Div 1 recruits. They are ranked #10 in 3A West. Clinton led in the 4th qtr of both of the games they lost, just couldn’t close the deal
One problem with the polling, rpi, seeding, and fan thought is no one really respects St Paul. I didn’t until I saw them. I’m going to make a prediction here first I don’t have any idea who is going to win the bottom half of the 2A bracket. I honestly think it could be anyone of 6 teams BUT! St Paul’s will win the upper half of the eastern 2A bracket and will play for the eastern championship. They played for the state 2AA championship and has a good chance of playing for the AA title this year.
There you have my opinion, yes I love our DarkHorses and they’re one of those 6 teams
Honestly how can there be so much a competitive difference between the upper bracket and the lowered bracket
Lol dude Ledford is not even a top 15 team in 3a. Ledford is a below average 3a school that destroyed Clinton. Stop talking like that was a good lose. That was a TERRIBLE loss at home. Smh

• Haha
Didnt West Craven lose to Croatan? Yes, I heard they were without some players and had some covid related things going on, but it is still Croatan. Went 4-6 this year. Wins against WC, Richlands, Dixon and East Carteret.

i am making observation right now I really think Clinton haz a great team U got to be honest,If a team gave up 400 yards to one guy.People would not be talking about that team.

• Haha
Lol dude Ledford is not even a top 15 team in 3a. Ledford is a below average 3a school that destroyed Clinton. Stop talking like that was a good lose. That was a TERRIBLE loss at home. Smh
Klyar, I would comment but you're too ignorant to respond to. Maybe best to put you in ignore status so your post doesn't clutter up the board./

• Haha
i am making observation right now I really think Clinton haz a great team U got to be honest,If a team gave up 400 yards to one guy.People would not be talking about that team.
Have you seen that team. If you haven't you ought to see them and that one guy

• Haha
Wiz we played them.Fairmont held him under 100yards until late 4 quarter .So if 2-6 can do y could not a state contender do it. I am just saying.

• Haha
I do believe a kicker can make a difference especially in the high school , but if he out kicks his coverage against whiteville and allows that returner to pick his lane it’s gonna be a long long night.

• Haha
Reactions: daagoob and UNC91
Whiteville is good, I believe they will beat Clinton, WRH and East Dublin. Not saying it will be easy but I think they are better than all 3 teams. Playing such a weak schedule will hurt but they are a fine tuned machine and any team that beats them will have to have great execution along with speed, size and strength. That being said, anyone that can pass is gonna cause some trouble because Whiteville’s strength isn’t based around the passing game on offense or defense.

Wiz we played them.Fairmont held him under 100yards until late 4 quarter .So if 2-6 can do y could not a state contender do it. I am just saying.
Clinton beat Fairmont 56-6, I believe it was running clock in the 2nd halfAll I can say it St Paul’s must have taken the night off. There is no comparison between Fairmont and St Paul’s

Whiteville is good, I believe they will beat Clinton, WRH and East Dublin. Not saying it will be easy but I think they are better than all 3 teams. Playing such a weak schedule will hurt but they are a fine tuned machine and any team that beats them will have to have great execution along with speed, size and strength. That being said, anyone that can pass is gonna cause some trouble because Whiteville’s strength isn’t based around the passing game on offense or defense.
Never happen

You predicted Whitevilles win against Owen way back. But you are off this year the packs two headed monster and stout D will make it beyound the 3rd round. Let’s see.

• Haha
Tyson and Shipman can get a lot of first downs. Both 200 lbs. Tyson likes to carry defenders down the field watch the highlights.

• Haha
There's a little bit goob. Question is - is there enough. We could make some noise, but how much depends on the defense
@olddog77 you been doing ok? I talk to John on the regular and I was talking with Mr Merle but I heard he wasn’t feeling well. I think you’ll be surprised at how good WC is. As a die hard NE fan I wouldn’t want to face them. Their defensive line looks just like ours and they have two D1 recruits in #53 and #22.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
@olddog77 you been doing ok? I talk to John on the regular and I was talking with Mr Merle but I heard he wasn’t feeling well. I think you’ll be surprised at how good WC is. As a die hard NE fan I wouldn’t want to face them. Their defensive line looks just like ours and they have two D1 recruits in #53 and #22.
I've seen em on nfhs. I look forward to a good game.

Reactions: daagoob
Defense wins championships, I didn’t see any of that when I watched Wrh.
If defense wins championships according to u Goob y’all should have won at least 2 all those great defensive players you kept hyping but it’s funny others schools look at this team as a threat maybe Not NE , it could that’s why that little ole school from duplin county is mentioned every year in high school football circles to do big things!! 6 titles will testify that regardless of naysayers they are a threat!! And jk and east duplin gonna make some noise as well in the playoffs !! Just my two cents Goob!! U didn’t hit a nerve or anything just my reflection on that little school in dc !! Since we have no defense we should cancel playing in the playoffs if we’re that bad!! I guess that’s y u practice to get better I could be wrong but anything can anything any Giving Friday night!! We will c!!

I would be very surprised if Clinton loses this Friday. I was surprised when they lost to e Randolph last yr. Yes, they have stumped their toes a couple games this yr, but this team has the components u need to win. Good senior leadership at qb, awesome oline, efficient defense. Only question i have is how bad do they want it
Don't be

O
Sam, tell me who anyone else has beaten significantly,East Duplin over Wallace? okay and who have the beaten Please don’t say Kinston. Ledford is better than Kinston. Ledford? You don’t know anything about Ledford. They were ranked #1 in 3A West at the time f play, they have 2 Div 1 recruits. They are ranked #10 in 3A West. Clinton led in the 4th qtr of both of the games they lost, just couldn’t close the deal
One problem with the polling, rpi, seeding, and fan thought is no one really respects St Paul. I didn’t until I saw them. I’m going to make a prediction here first I don’t have any idea who is going to win the bottom half of the 2A bracket. I honestly think it could be anyone of 6 teams BUT! St Paul’s will win the upper half of the eastern 2A bracket and will play for the eastern championship. They played for the state 2AA championship and has a good chance of playing for the AA title this year.
There you have my opinion, yes I love our DarkHorses and they’re one of those 6 teams
Honestly how can there be so much a competitive difference between the upper bracket and the lowered bracket. Ok we will see

Well sounds like it's not a good matchup for northeastern they can really pass

Reactions: dirty stallion
If defense wins championships according to u Goob y’all should have won at least 2 all those great defensive players you kept hyping but it’s funny others schools look at this team as a threat maybe Not NE , it could that’s why that little ole school from duplin county is mentioned every year in high school football circles to do big things!! 6 titles will testify that regardless of naysayers they are a threat!! And jk and east duplin gonna make some noise as well in the playoffs !! Just my two cents Goob!! U didn’t hit a nerve or anything just my reflection on that little school in dc !! Since we have no defense we should cancel playing in the playoffs if we’re that bad!! I guess that’s y u practice to get better I could be wrong but anything can anything any Giving Friday night!! We will c!!
7 titles

Yes sir I’m doing ok, I’m thinking I might go to the Clinton or Princeton game tomorrow. I like to see good competitive games and our game will be a blow out
Clinton game sounds most interesting. I do still like the horses 10-14 pts

Reactions: daagoob
Blackbulldog you and I are just alike when it comes to our respective teams. We are loyal to the core even when we know their really not that good. Hope you guys advance to play WC and their superstar rb #7.

Reactions: blackbulldog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT