ADVERTISEMENT

Plus One Title Game

SPRedRaider

Aug 2, 2004
superraiders.com
We all know that NCHSAA is driven by the dollar bill. Being so, wonder why none of the smart fellers has decided to give us a "plus one" championship game pitting the A vs AA winners.....

Venues will come up as a restriction but I'm pretty certain either team would be satisfied with playing where ever. Rotate sites, east home vs. west home each year.

I'm bored at work.....

I would love to see a A vs AA series. Have the teams play on Friday and Saturday for the A and AA state titles, then play the following Saturday for the ultimate bragging rights.

But this begs the question, where does it end? Are we going to play the 1A-4A overall champs against each other?

No, I think most would be satisfied with an outright classification champion.
Don't be stuck on the classes.
2-AA schools can be closer in ADM to 3-A than they are to 2-A.
You've got to divide is somewhere.
You win the last playoff game you play, you're a state champion. What's wrong with that?

Don't be stuck on the classes.
2-AA schools can be closer in ADM to 3-A than they are to 2-A.
You've got to divide is somewhere.
You win the last playoff game you play, you're a state champion. What's wrong with that?

It’s watered down. Sucks to have (2) teams finish undefeated and we bicker about who is better.

I'm not sure the state would allow the extra week. Of course the shrine bowl is the next week but I thinks there is some sort of b.s. that prevents it.

Just do it like Mountaineer wants and give every team in the state a championship trophy so everyone gets to experience the euphoria of a championship, not just the "elite" teams that have to earn it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT