ADVERTISEMENT

Please post live scores from Winston Salem

Wow. Our 2nd consecutive game where we overcame a slow start. Been watching high school basketball ball for a long time and NHHS plays unbelievable TEAM defense, even undersized. Lost our big man 3/4 into the season and have been able to find a way. His injury has allowed 2 freshmen to get significant playing time. Gritty win by the Cats. Hopefully we can hang in there Saturday.
#3 can play at a high level. Every coaches dream how he controls the game. Good luck

Reactions: CatScratchFever23
HT NM 27 LN 21. If Lake Norman would of hit 1/2 shot they easily be up by 10 or more

What a night of HS basketball. Two thrillers in the boys games. Congratulations to New Hanover and also North Meck. Heartbreaker loss for Lake Norman. I felt like they let this one slip out of their hands. But that’s the nature of the sport. Congratulations to Lake Norman for an awesome season. I believe they will be back full force next season. Hands down some of the best basketball I seen played all season in tonight’s ballgame.

LKN was far the better team tonight, gave it away at the end. Shot 2-17 from 3, to North’s 11-28. There’s your difference. Very uncharacteristic shooting night from the Wildcats.

But man what a game that was. And even the NHHS v Richmond game was incredible too!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
missed free throws at the last were fatal for Lake Norman
I was at the game sitting in the middle of a bunch of NM fans. OMG.
AND YES, I said several times that LN had the worst shooting game I have seen all year!
Down the stretch if they had made 3/4 of free throws, they win in regulation. Free throws they normally make in their sleep.

But, take nothing away from NM, they could have folded and they did not. They did what they had to do to win.

Game against New Hanover should not be close at all.

People fail to realize that shooting in an open gym is way different than what these teams shoot in all year long. Juke Harris went 1 for 8 from 3 and 9-27 overall with most of his makes being layups . Whoever handles that part better will win.
Yes it is different for sure. At the 1a games Cherokee shot pretty well from outside. I've heard their gym is like small college

I was at the game sitting in the middle of a bunch of NM fans. OMG.
AND YES, I said several times that LN had the worst shooting game I have seen all year!
Down the stretch if they had made 3/4 of free throws, they win in regulation. Free throws they normally make in their sleep.

But, take nothing away from NM, they could have folded and they did not. They did what they had to do to win.

Game against New Hanover should not be close at all.
I'm biased but back when Westover was 4A in the state title game between North Meck and Westover in 2005 in the Dean Dome North Meck was literally given that game by Westover on missed free throws down the stretch in regulation by Westover which saved North Meck and killed Westover. Westover lost in OT. Sounds as if lasts nights game was a carbon copy for North Meck.

HT Terry Sanford 29 West Rowan 27. My understanding is West Rowan shooting has been off

Should be much worse refs are keeping it closer than reality. That intentional foul was total bs... East Columbus girls are falling all over the place... There have been some fouls but some have been rediculous

Reactions: Usdi Watali
Cherokee hands down best girls team in state regardless of class...they get after it...6'2 Freshman???
Looking on maxpreps #10 is a freshman. They will win the next 3 I believe. Well coached team.

Last edited:
Reactions: KW23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT