ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Projections

Give us your solution.
Go back to them going in a room and doing it or let let final rankings count a percentage. Stop making your opponent record count as much bc you cant help how bad other teams are. You have to play your conf teams and as far as non conf doesn't always work out to schedule better competition.

Reactions: Bearmod1
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Go back to them going in a room and doing it or let let final rankings count a percentage. Stop making your opponent record count as much bc you cant help how bad other teams are. You have to play your conf teams and as far as non conf doesn't always work out to schedule better competition.
Buzz I understand you are talking about the conference you are in but if you do that you’re opening up people scheduling historically bad teams non conference just to get wins…again. Also whose rankings would you use? There are several different talked about on this forum each with their own formulas. Not trying to pick a fight just don’t know how it could be made to work.

Reactions: buzzcoach
Rankings should never be used as no one sees all the teams. It becomes a system based on scores(encouraging people to run it up) or past tradition. Not a reliable system. As for going in a room, who do you put in that room? How is that group comprised and selected?

Reactions: thekidd12
Winner would see the Mt Heritage/Draughn winner in the 3rd. Ofcourse, things may shake out to be different with some bit SMC and WHC games coming up.
And ER has orange/blue game plus PG game between now and then, Shouldn't have an effect on them being considered 1A champ from PAC7. Guess more would depend on how Tville fares with RPI if they don't win conference?

Reactions: bigtime_87
The only thing that sucks about this year's playoffs is not being able to see all of the great matchups live. So many good teams and potentially great matchups. I hope we will be able to see the games online or watch them on a Saturday.

So will we have 9 conference champs?
I know a couple conferences only have one 1a team. Will those for sure be champs.

I think there will be 9, looks like Polk will meet that criteria at the moment. So as Deanna said in one thread, looks like you may have Swain, Murphy, Starmount, Mountain Heritage, Mitchell filling in the 10-14 spots(assuming a Robbinsville and Draughn conference champ). There will be some good round 2 matches this year.

Reactions: bigtime_87
Playoff projections are meaningless until you get to the last week or two of the season. Any upset can change the RPI a lot, so it's kind of pointless to project this far out.
There are only 3 weeks left including this week. Seems about that time.
Exactly. Only reason i even mentioned it. I seen on here years past where people was doing their predictions 3 and 4 weeks out. I know alot can change but thats why its simply called a "projection".

The only conference that would be in question would be SPC. It looks like 2A teams Shelby, Burns, and East Gaston will be the top 3 with Bessemer City sitting in 4th. If they don’t finish .500 that conference will not get a No. 1 seed.

I think there will be 9, looks like Polk will meet that criteria at the moment. So as Deanna said in one thread, looks like you may have Swain, Murphy, Starmount, Mountain Heritage, Mitchell filling in the 10-14 spots(assuming a Robbinsville and Draughn conference champ). There will be some good round 2 matches this year.
Assuming the conference 1's are Robbinsville, MA, ER, N Rowan, Draughn, S Stanly, MIC, Bessemer City and Polk. Based on current RPI and remaining games Mitchell, Murphy, Thomasville, Starmount and MH could all swap places depending on who wins in the WHC games and barring no upsets for the others. Tville and SM win out they will be neck in neck for one of the 11-12 spots. MH has to win out to be higher than any of the above listed. I may be wrong and it is fun to talk about "possibilities" even though there are three weeks to go.

The only conference that would be in question would be SPC. It looks like 2A teams Shelby, Burns, and East Gaston will be the top 3 with Bessemer City sitting in 4th. If they don’t finish .500 that conference will not get a No. 1 seed.
Bessemer City will probably be 5-5.
So do they have to be .500? or over .500?

Now I'm even more confused
What about conferences with only one 1a team?
If the team finishes in the top 3 of the overall conference or has at least a 5-5 record, they get seeded as conference champ. If the top 1a team in a split conference doesn’t meet those two criteria, they still get an automatic playoff berth, but are not seeded as a champion (just seeded by their RPI).

Evidently it has changed where about finishing 3rd or being .500.

View attachment 60

If the team finishes in the top 3 of the overall conference or has at least a 5-5 record, they get seeded as conference champ. If the top 1a team in a split conference doesn’t meet those two criteria, they still get an automatic playoff berth, but are not seeded as a champion (just seeded by their RPI).

That's what you got from Deanna post?
I'll take ur word for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT