ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah at Mount Airy

Just hoping Pisgah gets the W. Don't know anything about Mt.Airy. Seen where they're ranked preseason 15 in 1a and picked to place 2nd in their conference. So I'd say this will be a good test for the Black Bears.

I don't know anything at all about Mt. Airy other than they're always in the mix and have some good coaches on the sideline in Atkins and Holder. Like bigbear said, having an extra game in should only benefit us I'd imagine. As long as we can hold onto the football (anybody know how many fumbles there was in the PHS/THS game?). Also, anybody know the status on Levi Cagle's shoulder? Our defense looked pretty good at times (Mull stood out to me a lot), but Tuscola is not a very good indicator right now. Their new transfer QB looked like it was his first time ever picking up a football. And, the new coaching staff didn't seem competent enough to cross the road on their own. We know we can run the ball effectively if needed. So, I'd like to see us sling it around a little more this Friday night. With Mt. Airy being 1A, the numbers may play a roll in the end more towards the end of the game. Maybe some of the Granite Bears can give us a little insight about what they've got going.

Last edited:
Reactions: bamatide13
Seen where they're ranked preseason 15 in 1a
Not that rankings have any significance for regular season, but apparently they were moved up in the North Carolina Division 1A to 7'th already.

Good Luck to the Bears, MA seems to have a good program every year and are always making some noise in the playoffs.

I probably won't be making the trip, gotta be in the mill Saturday morning. That's what stinks about this 30% capacity, you don't know how many tickets are available so you can make plans to travel. At least getting to watch it tho. Sure do like going to new stadiums and checking out the facilities.
Anyone know if Mt.Airy has a YouTube channel to watch the game?

Going back and looking on maxpreps, looks like Pisgah will have it's hands full.
They put a beat down on Swain in the playoffs. Their kryptonite is East Surry, kinda like Shelby is to Pisgah.

Mt Airy is giving 100 tickets to PHS, according to Coach Morgan - 2 for each football player and 1 for each cheerleader. As Bears Man said, Not sure if any other tickets will be available.

Reactions: PBBear51
The feild Browns early in the fall but I haven't seen it due to no games but I'd say it's in decent shape but could get messy in a hurry if played on in the rain as with most anywhere else they did have a live stream of the scrimmage against North Surry and it looked to be in good shape

Reactions: PBBear51
I remember about two years ago thier linemen joined our summer lineman challenge. They didn't win any of the challenges. I wouldn't expect them to be any better now.
Leave the kids out your crosstown rivalry.

So sensitive nowadays. Sportsnut17, we put with it for 10years before the inernet. They can take a ribbin' now. They got at least 3 more years of it coming. No disrespect.

And you do know what they say about opinions and where you can surgically place them don't you Mr. Purple?
I sure do. But tell me how it is my opinion that Pisgah is a perennial underachiever? That's a fact. The last good run they had was 2016, when they fell to eventual 3a state champ South Point, in the 3rd round. Other than that, the Bears have bowed out in the 2nd and 1st (as a 1 seed no less!) Rounds. All while having 3a numbers, but playing down in the 2a. And yet you fans still bark like Pisgah is the greatest team that has ever graced the field. Shoot, your rivalry isn't even about the game anymore, it's about who can sell more raffle tickets.

Reactions: Player2020
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT