ADVERTISEMENT

Pamlico vs. Murphy - 1A Championship

Yea I think 54 and 55 could help fill those rolls very well I trust them too. I'm sure they are working on it as we speak.

Reactions: mbdfan
Ok. So, this guy says Pamlico might be 3rd best in the SMC and ya'll aren't sleeping on them? This isn't ground and pound mountain football you're getting ready to see. Murphy has always been a great program, but Pamlico is pretty darn good this year and I'd venture to say has more team speed then you all have seen this year. Should be a great game. I'll keep coaching, you do whatever it is you do.
Must be a pretty horrible coach if you do the same thing as the rest of the fans in the east and talk about speed. Hear it every year and almost every year it ends with all that speed heading to the house after being handed a lose

Reactions: mbdfan
Yeah, terrible situation. Hope the state shows leniency but not going to hold my breath.

If he was ejected they won’t overturn. If so then all hell should break loose. It’s the rule and there have been many players who have suffered the same fate. I hate it because I absolutely love 32 as a player. I’d take 11 of him and go to battle any day.

Reactions: mbdfan and 1SWO1
32 was simple trying to free his ankle from getting twisted. It was a very dirty thing that was going on. He also got jabbed in the eye after a play was over. I hope he doesn't get punished for trying to defend himself. He cant help the fact that he was being done that way. Trying to kick out of someone's grip is a natural reaction. He has no history of that behavior ever in his career. The kid has played many many snaps in that span of time Sad sad situation. Even a rville fan or two that had a good view said that he did not deserve to be ejected and I agree with that. But I do not agree that it was simple SMC football. It was a dirty tactic. Simple as that.

Reactions: MilltownUSA
I don’t know that pamlico will have anymore team speed than Mitchell had this year

Anybody that says he was just trying to free his ankle...1) Is getting bad info
2) Is hoping to change the fact...somehow
3) Fibbing

He kicked the Robbinsville player...plain and simple... Saw it first hand...turned to my friend and said "Wow he kicked him"...before I knew about the penalty or ejection. Don't have a dog in the fight...but #32 did kick for sure.

No one would ever twist an ankle in a pile. Especially in a rivalry game to go to state

Anybody that says he was just trying to free his ankle...1) Is getting bad info
2) Is hoping to change the fact...somehow
3) Fibbing

He kicked the Robbinsville player...plain and simple... Saw it first hand...turned to my friend and said "Wow he kicked him"...before I knew about the penalty or ejection. Don't have a dog in the fight...but #32 did kick for sure.

I didn't see it. So the Rv player was on the ground and 32 kicked him in the helmet while he was standing over him?

Yes he kicked him. That's a fact. What would you do? I'm not saying he didnt. I'm saying he has no history of that stuff and everyone knows he was getting roughed up after every carry. Nothing we say on here is gonna change what happened or what's to come. I'm just saying it's a shame that was the tactic that was taken and a shame he lost his cool in the moment.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I'm not gonna argue about it. I'm just stating that it doesn't happen if he isn't getting his ankles wrenched down on after every play. Simple as that.
I wasn't responding to you in my post about how it happened..I was responding to the post above that asked how he kicked the other player. I'm done with this..bad mistake by #32.

Sad thing is, if Rville made it a point to get 32 out of the game one way or another, they accomplished it, but it still did not matter in the end. Just sucks that he may have to miss the title game because of it.

Next man up , I'm more concerned for the kid . I would hate for his career to end that way . It would be different if he wasn't a senior and that's how he would have to remember his last game.

I am still waiting to see what the state says. I honestly I don't care whether it gives us a better or worse chance to win the game, I still like our chances. My concern is for the young man having to live with a mistake in the heat of battle.

I bet mitchell fans are wishing he would have kicked an alleghany player.

32 has battled a sprained ankle all season and Robbinsville was twisting on it in the piles. All he was doing was trying to free his ankle from the grips of an Rville defender. No way he should have been ejected. It’s BS and he should play.
I’m not an smc fan and definitely not a noles fan so I don’t like you at all( lol) but I watched that kid play his ass off against Mitchell without anything but but playing football. My so. Said he was one oc the best football players he ever played against and he never said word. I’ll go by what my son says!

Pamlico fans are gonna wish the whole Murphy team had done some kicking after the beat down they get next week. Its gonna be a whoopin.

Your right pamlico is not very good. Got drug by tarboro. Murphy by 21

Good luck to both squads. Murphy fans, much respect to you all from a Tarboro fan. You guys seem to have a lot of haters (it comes with winning a lot) wishing everyone safe travels

Murphy hides numbers to win a “Cracker Jack Box ring” that’s the only hate. Ask Murphy if they’ve ever made it to the 1AA western final...

He’ll Murphy couldn’t beat Albemarle in 1AA, MA etc...had to go small. I never heard of Murphy until they beat Albemarle in 1A...that shyt was like the fall of the “Roman Empire”, but when they played us at our strongest “2009” you see what happens lol...

Murphy hides numbers to win a “Cracker Jack Box ring” that’s the only hate. Ask Murphy if they’ve ever made it to the 1AA western final...

He’ll Murphy couldn’t beat Albemarle in 1AA, MA etc...had to go small. I never heard of Murphy until they beat Albemarle in 1A...that shyt was like the fall of the “Roman Empire”, but when they played us at our strongest “2009” you see what happens lol...

Doesn't matter if Albemarle was 4A you got beat at your place in a game you had more talent than us twice and you got blowed out in Murphy . I would be a hater too .

No the Robbinsville player was getting up and the Murphy player kicked him from off his back.

Yeah not true. Kid had his ankle (game film shows frame by frame) whether it was intentional by rville is irrelevant, the same ankle that he has be nursing since day one. It was an immediate reaction to get the kid to let go of the ankle. It’s OBVIOUS looking at film. You haven’t watched this kid all year hobble repeatedly off the field for the first few games. Wrap it up and then back out there with a limp. This kid finally gets all healed up, playing in a western regional which leads to state and he feels that same ankle, which prevented him from giving it everything for so long, being twisted and he panics bc this game and this season is EVERYTHING to a senior. Don’t make it something malicious. This is a good kid, you don’t know bc he ain’t yours, he’s ours. GTFO with that trash.

I can promise you that Robbinsville didn't go over there with the intention to put 32 out of the game.
Agreed! But also not going sit here and say that we are perfect angels. We’ve all played sports and I am sure there isn’t one of us who haven’t been a part of a no-call or missed foul. I think what is most important is not to get lost in our emotions. Some adults sit here and think these kids should act and the behave as adults every second of the day well if you think that you’ve never had kids before. Every year we ask these kids to be grown men when in reality they should enjoy being kids. I’ll end with this, if the shoe was on the other foot I am sure I’d be fighting for one our players to play their last high school game. So I cannot sit here and say never let the kid play that game regardless of rivalry, he’s a kid, let him enjoy this because like many of us it might be over after high school.

Bottom line is you probably should have controlled your temper and not kicked someone. This could be a good life lesson for the kid

Reactions: TarVikes
I don’t know that pamlico will have anymore team speed than Mitchell had this year
No offense but Pamlico has way more team speed. #7 and #10 for Mitchell had good speed but Pamlico's whole team is fast.

Last edited:
No offense but Pamlico has way more speed. #7 and #10 for Mitchell had good speed but Pamlico's whole team is fast. The thing I have noticed about eastern teams Ill repeat again. We dont know if they are fast or even talented. They could give Alabama a run for their money or be just very average. They play among themselves relatively unknown and there is just no way to gauge how good they are until that title game. This goes especially for ECC teams. It seems they play each other in the preseason scrimmages, then the regular season and then line up again in the playoffs without ever even having to play anybody outside their own conference in some cases. How could anybody say for sure?

Bottom line is you probably should have controlled your temper and not kicked someone. This could be a good life lesson for the kid

I couldn't see this play from where I was setting in the stands. After just seeing what actually happened from a video posted by a parent on Facebook this would be a bad life lesson.

He runs the ball gets tackled a lineman is on top of both players . The lineman gets up walks away Slade attempts to do the same the Robbinsville player is still holding on to his ankle and he attempts to kick his ankle free kicking the player in the process.

I didnt want to comment about the incident until I had seen it first hand but that's my take after seeing it.

As far as controlling his temper this is a kid that has battled issues with that ankle all season to me it looks more like a protecting his self action than something malicious.

Yeah not true. Kid had his ankle (game film shows frame by frame) whether it was intentional by rville is irrelevant, the same ankle that he has be nursing since day one. It was an immediate reaction to get the kid to let go of the ankle. It’s OBVIOUS looking at film. You haven’t watched this kid all year hobble repeatedly off the field for the first few games. Wrap it up and then back out there with a limp. This kid finally gets all healed up, playing in a western regional which leads to state and he feels that same ankle, which prevented him from giving it everything for so long, being twisted and he panics bc this game and this season is EVERYTHING to a senior. Don’t make it something malicious. This is a good kid, you don’t know bc he ain’t yours, he’s ours. GTFO with that trash.

Who said he wasn’t a good kid? Hate it for him.

Same can be said about the mountain teams. Unless you go to Asheville or Charlotte you don't see the variety of offenses you need to before State finals time. Having said all that. I'm sure I'll get blasted for this but nothing different than every Friday night by all the arm chair QB's and coaches in the stands. Murphy rarely loses in the finals. I looked up their history on the other site. Gentry is a HOF coach. I'm pulling for Pamlico for sure, but after further review of the stats I think Murphy wins. Say what you will, but the team speed of Pamlico gives them a shot in this game. And of course their strength of schedule is better. Murphy lost to Pisgah. Only loss for Pamlico is to the best team in the state other than WF, Tarboro. Should be a great game, but Gentry doesn't lose in the finals when he gets there.

Having seen pamlico in person, I can say they do have some guys that are fast. Overall team speed in my opinion is fair but it’s not enough that I feel is going to overwhelm Murphy. Happy for pamlico for making it this far but truly feel Murphy has to much, with or without those players.

Reactions: 1SWO1
Same can be said about the mountain teams. Unless you go to Asheville or Charlotte you don't see the variety of offenses you need to before State finals time. Having said all that. I'm sure I'll get blasted for this but nothing different than every Friday night by all the arm chair QB's and coaches in the stands. Murphy rarely loses in the finals. I looked up their history on the other site. Gentry is a HOF coach. I'm pulling for Pamlico for sure, but after further review of the stats I think Murphy wins. Say what you will, but the team speed of Pamlico gives them a shot in this game. And of course their strength of schedule is better. Murphy lost to Pisgah. Only loss for Pamlico is to the best team in the state other than WF, Tarboro. Should be a great game, but Gentry doesn't lose in the finals when he gets there.

LoL Tarboro the second beat team in the state. Geez dude put the bottle down..

Having seen pamlico in person, I can say they do have some guys that are fast. Overall team speed in my opinion is fair but it’s not enough that I feel is going to overwhelm Murphy. Happy for pamlico for making it this far but truly feel Murphy has to much, with or without those players.
What I will say is the dogs better not go into this game overlooking Pamlico like Rville did Plymouth back in 2015. Pamlico can win this game if Murray runs wild. But to caveat off of that the Hurricanes will have to throw the ball some. You can’t beat a elite Murphy team being one dimensional.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT