ADVERTISEMENT

Pamlico vs. Murphy - 1A Championship

I've been guilty in the past of assuming that those flat landers just can't play with those mountain boys and every year it's an all out battle that two or three big plays end up making the difference. This bunch of Murphy kids are tougher than a two dollar steak. I believe they'll bring their A game and be well prepared and ready to play no matter who is hurt or missing but history has shown that these games are never easy.

Reactions: mbdfan
Murphy won't overlook Pamlico but I promise you Tarboro wouldn't hang 61 points on the Dogs.....

Tarboro was better, but Pamlico conceded early too. From 2nd Qtr on, the main guys did not run the ball and some were sat for much of the game. The focus was on playoffs and getting out of that game healthy.

Tarboro was better, but Pamlico conceded early too. From 2nd Qtr on, the main guys did not run the ball and some were sat for much of the game. The focus was on playoffs and getting out of that game healthy.
Can't really blame Pamlico staff for that, what happened in the South Creek game? That one sticks out as a weird aberration based on Pamlico's other results.

I wish Murphy was at full strength for this one, but that won't be the case. Hopefully the 'Dogs can persevere despite it all.

But to caveat off of that the Hurricanes will have to throw the ball some. You can’t beat a elite Murphy team being one dimensional.
Plymouth beat Murphy in 2012 being one dimensional, but I wouldn't classify that as an elite Murphy team either, though they did have a good playoff run.

As it pertains to this year we don't know if this Murphy team is elite either without #32 or #40. The only evidence we have with them not on the field is the 2 1/2 quarters against Pisgah and that obviously didn't go the 'Dogs way. We saw 1 quarter of football without them Friday but the game was well in hand at that point.

Murphy made it to the western 1aa final twice (2005 and 2017), and if beating a young Murphy team with a sophomore QB on 2009 by a TD is the best Albemarle can do when they are at their “strongest”, then LOL is all I have to say!

Y’all really would’ve got whooped up in 2010 too.. we won back to back

Murphy hides numbers to win a “Cracker Jack Box ring” that’s the only hate. Ask Murphy if they’ve ever made it to the 1AA western final...

He’ll Murphy couldn’t beat Albemarle in 1AA, MA etc...had to go small. I never heard of Murphy until they beat Albemarle in 1A...that shyt was like the fall of the “Roman Empire”, but when they played us at our strongest “2009” you see what happens lol...
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Just a question here. What relevance does Albermarle have in a Murphy vs Pamlico SC game. even for the purposes of comparison?

It is weird to see Pamlico in the finals when Tarboro beat them like 60-0 with a running clock... Could have easily been 80-0

I wonder if 32 will only have to miss half the next game? The ejection happened in the 1st half, so technically, if he missed the 2nd half Friday and misses the 1st half next Saturday, that would be a full game (4 qtrs). Not sure how the rule is written so that may not be possible. But something to consider. Heard through the grapevine that 40 may play too, but you can hear anything so who knows?

If upheld, he will not play.

Murphy hides numbers to win a “Cracker Jack Box ring” that’s the only hate. Ask Murphy if they’ve ever made it to the 1AA western final...

He’ll Murphy couldn’t beat Albemarle in 1AA, MA etc...had to go small. I never heard of Murphy until they beat Albemarle in 1A...that shyt was like the fall of the “Roman Empire”, but when they played us at our strongest “2009” you see what happens lol...
Bahahaha Murphy couldn’t beat Albemarle. Go bounce a round ball and let the adults talk.

I couldn't see this play from where I was setting in the stands. After just seeing what actually happened from a video posted by a parent on Facebook this would be a bad life lesson.

He runs the ball gets tackled a lineman is on top of both players . The lineman gets up walks away Slade attempts to do the same the Robbinsville player is still holding on to his ankle and he attempts to kick his ankle free kicking the player in the process.

I didnt want to comment about the incident until I had seen it first hand but that's my take after seeing it.

As far as controlling his temper this is a kid that has battled issues with that ankle all season to me it looks more like a protecting his self action than something malicious.
We’ve all seen her post which is classless at best, to take a shot at our player, program, and coaching staff, and it shows absolutely NOTHING! No way you can see anything on that video to prove otherwise! Got grown men calling out our players and mothers of those players! Pretty sad to say the least! For the record...in NO WAY was there any “tactics” for malicious play promoted, encouraged, and definitely not coached, nor will there ever be by the Robbinsville Football program.

Can't really blame Pamlico staff for that, what happened in the South Creek game? That one sticks out as a weird aberration based on Pamlico's other results.

I wish Murphy was at full strength for this one, but that won't be the case. Hopefully the 'Dogs can persevere despite it all.

Held out 4 players that were nicked up. Could have played, but didn’t. It was the same reason, setting up for playoffs.

We’ve all seen her post which is classless at best, to take a shot at our player, program, and coaching staff, and it shows absolutely NOTHING! No way you can see anything on that video to prove otherwise! Got grown men calling out our players and mothers of those players! Pretty sad to say the least! For the record...in NO WAY was there any “tactics” for malicious play promoted, encouraged, and definitely not coached, nor will there ever be by the Robbinsville Football program.

If you read my post , I stated I didnt see anything malicious either way. I don't want this to turn into what that post did.

I didnt accuse you , your coaches , or your players of anything intentional. I saw a kid that had a hurt ankle protecting his ankle.

I didnt take a shot at a player your team or anyone involved. I have alot of respect for you blackcat93 and I encourage you to reread my post.

I care about all the kids your and ours and I wouldn't disrespect them.

I don't feel what happened warranted an ejection from what I saw should have been 15 yards and play ball. That was all I was trying to convey. Calm down and read what I said

Don't know what happened. I can say this I've seen the Hudl video, if that's the only video there is no evidence there either way.

If you read my post , I stated I didnt see anything malicious either way. I don't want this to turn into what that post did.

I didnt accuse you , your coaches , or your players of anything intentional. I saw a kid that had a hurt ankle protecting his ankle.

I didnt take a shot at a player your team or anyone involved. I have alot of respect for you blackcat93 and I encourage you to reread my post.

I care about all the kids your and ours and I wouldn't disrespect them.

I don't feel what happened warranted an ejection from what I saw should have been 15 yards and play ball. That was all I was trying to convey. Calm down and read what I said
I did and it was not a shot at you, there have been several posts talking the tactics and malicious intent and I’m just clearing the air on that situation. And I agree a 15yd penalty possibly offsetting is all that should have come of it.

Reactions: smcdogfan
I did and it was not a shot at you, there have been several posts talking the tactics and malicious intent and I’m just clearing the air on that situation. And I agree a 15yd penalty possibly offsetting is all that should have come of it.

All I did was watch the video because i wanted to know what happened i didnt make a comment on it. I would rather go to Walmart on black Friday than watch, listen, hear, or put up with Facebook drama.

Sorry you have to deal with it.

Reactions: BlackCat93
Even with the video evidence if there is any doubt from the films then they will stay with what the officials have on the field.

Murphy lost by 1 point to undefeated WRH that season in the 1a title game, so no, don’t think so.

If I recall correctly, Albemarle was going for the three peat in 2011 and had lost only one game, 9-7, to that seasons 2aa champion, before Murphy came in and beat them. The blue dogs were huge favorites to win the 1a title that season. Albemarle was just as strong in 2011 as they were in 2009 and 2010. To say otherwise is just making lame excuses.

WRH has never beat Albemarle...

Y’all really would’ve got whooped up in 2010 too.. we won back to back
First you beat Murphy by a TD in 2009, there was no "whooping".

Second, the 2010 Murphy team was better than the Murphy teams that beat Albemarle in 2011 or 2012 and better than the Murphy team that stomped Albemarle in 2013. You would've lost in 2010, the two best teams in 1A or 1AA that year were Murphy and WRH.

Unlike you, I actually watched both the 2010 state title games live. I watched Albemarle play Pender Friday night (sat with Albemarle people and rooted them on) and then watched Murphy play WRH the next morning. So I'm basing it on first hand account.

Murphy in a blowout, hell they are 1aa playing in 1a. That's why most of the state has no respect for them.

Reactions: sway1532
Murphy lost by 1 point to undefeated WRH that season in the 1a title game, so no, don’t think so.

If I recall correctly, Albemarle was going for the three peat in 2011 and had lost only one game, 9-7, to that seasons 2aa champion, before Murphy came in and beat them. The blue dogs were huge favorites to win the 1a title that season. Albemarle was just as strong in 2011 as they were in 2009 and 2010. To say otherwise is just making lame excuses.
2010 team for murphy would have rolled albemarle. Promise you that. Pender gave them a hard time in the state title game. And they only throwed 2 passes. Murphy played with a absolute stud in wrh and was told they would lose by 50 . Ask any wrh player or poster and they will tell you that murphy team was the real deal!

First you beat Murphy by a TD in 2009, there was no "whooping".

Second, the 2010 Murphy team was better than the Murphy teams that beat Albemarle in 2011 or 2012 and better than the Murphy team that stomped Albemarle in 2013. You would've lost in 2010, the two best teams in 1A or 1AA that year were Murphy and WRH.

Unlike you, I actually watched both the 2010 state title games live. I watched Albemarle play Pender Friday night (sat with Albemarle people and rooted them on) and then watched Murphy play WRH the next morning. So I'm basing it on first hand account.

I was at the 2010 game :)

Murphy would not have beaten Albemarle when McClendon was there.smoke you another one.he'll they got beat by e Surry Bessemer city and one regional final they lost 41-0.they can't compete in 1AA.end of story.history don't lie.they are 0-10 or 11 in 1aa

Reactions: Fargo2017
Murphy would not have beaten Albemarle when McClendon was there.smoke you another one.he'll they got beat by e Surry Bessemer city and one regional final they lost 41-0.they can't compete in 1AA.end of story.history don't lie.they are 0-10 or 11 in 1aa
They made it to the western regional championship in 1aa last year! Drinking before 11 isn’t a good thing!!!

I hope 40 is going to be ok. I know he won't be 100 percent but I think he will play. Or I will say I would be surprised if he doesn't. This has happened to him several times before, just hope it isn't worse this time so he can play. 32 was just disqualified, he was not ejected. If he had been ejected then he would have had to leave the field and side line. It is my understanding that if he had been ejected then he could not play next week. I am not 100 percent positive of all that but I was told that by a good source in my opinion. I hope for his sake he gets to play. He was just trying to free his ankle from getting twisted after the play. It happened almost every play he ran it. 32 has no history of such behavior and is a great kid. Bad situation for sure. I hope it gets worked out properly.
He was 100% ejected

HAHAHAHAHA, ya'll sleep on Pamlico. We'll see what happens next weekend. It will be interesting to see if Murphy can run with Pamlico. If you don't have all your players, it may be an even longer ride back to Murphy. Pamlico's only loss is to the other 1AA state champion to be Tarboro! And Murphy would get rolled by Tarboro.
Thats what im talking about Pamlico with the upset victory by 6 points

I don't have a dog in this fight but it's not that hard to win a 1a state championship Murphy usually has to only beat I good team to make it to the finals now this year 2a is down some from most years I do think Murphy could compete well in 2a this year could you amagine how good of a game it would be between My Heritage and Murphy also I would love to see Murphy vs Reidsville this year.Murphy can't help there lack of competition most years in 1a you have got to respect what Murphy has accomplished..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT