ADVERTISEMENT

Page - Wake Forest game updates

If you count the roughing penalty as a turnover (officially they don't, but it is), then that's now 6 turnovers for Page, directly leading to 22 WF points.

It doesn't matter what level of football you're playing, you will not win when you turn the ball over 6 times.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
Lawrence with a halfback TD pass to Goodwin. PAt no good

Wake Forest 29-0

Page just can't get over the hump in the title game. Mistake after mistake after mistake. Rinse and repeat. They honestly look like pure shit every time they get there after looking really good leading up to it.

Page just can't get over the hump in the title game. Mistake after mistake after mistake. Rinse and repeat. They honestly look like pure shit every time they get there after looking really good leading up to it.
I can promise you that Page wasn't 5 TDs better than Vance was last week, either. But no matter who or when you're playing, it's still a game of blocking and tackling and execution to take advantage of opportunities and to eliminate mistakes. Vance looked horrible in all those departments last week, and Page looks horrible in all those departments today.

Oh wow...make that 7 TOs.

Why call my name? I haven't posted on this board in ages?
Oh, nevermind, 1955Wildcat...I saw where I did make a comment in the prediction thread.

The predicted winner is obviously going to be wrong, but it looks like the rest of the comments I made in that post look about right.

It's not like the TO's are all on Page. They just cant move the ball. WF is just imposing their will defensively. Page simply does not have an answer.

Well Wake County has their first title in several years since Garner in 1987

Wrong-WF's offense is not trash-just because you can counter, trap and lead your offense isn't trash

I am certain WF is probably not 29 points better than Page just like Mallard Creek was not as good as the score indicated last year. However, there has not been one Page player that has stood out during this game and there are more than a handful of WF players that have impressed me.

Congrats to Wake Forest and Wake County. Definitely leads to better discussion and debate because it's actually been done. I was -3 the last time Wake County won a state championship. Respect to the 4AA East.

Weddington is destroying E.Guilford. Dudley is the only hope for Guilford Co. tonight. To go 0-3 would be devastating for Triad football.

Last edited:
Big congrats to Coach Lucas and the Cougars for putting a trophy on their shelf! They showed up and played their game and executed at a high level the entire day. Coach Lucas is a very likable guy, so I'm glad to see him break through.

And for Page...geez. smdh. Rough. Very rough.

With 4 title game appearances since 2010 and a new trophy, I think we can now safely add Wake Forest to the list of premier teams in North Carolina football. Great job, and welcome to the club, Cougars.

I watched this game and Wake Forest defense dominated Completely from the opening drive and if anyone says different they are about goofy!

Complete and total domination by WF defense and especially #44.... You can call it mistakes all you want Hokie but those were caused by consistent and relentless pressure from the Wake defense... I agree their offense leave a lot to be desired, as Page defense didn't play that bad ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT