ADVERTISEMENT

Open enrollment

She does go to Topsail High. Plays volleyball. Her picture has been in the Star-News this year. I understand the Schoenleber parents were at the NHCS Administration office last week, any idea what it may have been about?

It sounds to me like the Hoggard QB still lives in Pender County/Hampstead and if i am not mistaken that is illegal! Maybe the media should chew on that! So again I say, don't point the finger at NH. It is not our fault that athletes want to transfer to our school, worry about what goes on at Hoggard.
Originally posted by portcity FB:
The problem I have is the county allowing NH to have open enrollment and not the other three schools. This has been allowed to help NH number catch up with the other schools. As of last year NH enrollment has surpassed Hoggards and is within 100 of AHS. Laney is consistently about 250 more than the other schools. So this is simple, open it for all or close it for all. If needed, re district a few neighborhoods to NH and Hoggard and things will be even. Something needs to be done.
BTW, I still can't get over the fact of how misinformed you are. Get the facts straight before you get you media guys to chew on this story!

if your a good coach that is successful and builds program through positive relationships with your players then you won't have to worry about losing players to other schools.

Originally posted by 13 ah yeah!:
if your a good coach that is successful and builds program through positive relationships with your players then you won't have to worry about losing players to other schools.
Thank you 13! That is what I have been saying this whole time. People should be more worried about getting there program to the point that people don't want to leave rather than spending their time pointing fingers at other schools. Well said!

Just to clarify, NH lost a running back to Laney because he was promised 35 carries per game but has hardly gotten any carries. They lost several players to Ashley because they thought they could get more playing time there. Losing players happens to all the schools. Coaches just need to do the right thing by the players they have.

Schools without boundaries, including the charters and parochials, should have their own playoff brackets. They sub-divide playoffs for other reasons -- why not for this situation.

Port,
While we are wondering, wonder how Topsail would have been with Shoenleber at QB and Harrison Smith at WR?
Instead they ended up at Hoggard. I'm still waiting for the whole truth about Shoenleber to come out. I understand he is still living in Pender County during the summer and on weekends. Any truth to this Port?

TGT you would have schools from all classifications that have open enrollment or magnet programs larger than the standard school district. Those schools and the parochials should play up in classification in some form. The charters also need to be looked at much close to determine a plan. This is a perfect example of why I think football needs to align outside the standard alignment.

Originally posted by wildcatfan78:

Port,
While we are wondering, wonder how Topsail would have been with Shoenleber at QB and Harrison Smith at WR?
Instead they ended up at Hoggard. I'm still waiting for the whole truth about Shoenleber to come out. I understand he is still living in Pender County during the summer and on weekends. Any truth to this Port?
I not sure what your point is. I don't mind a healthy debate with anyone but this seems to me that you not reading all my posts. I have stated repeatedly that all schools have transfers. I have stated that hoggard has two from topsail. Again, I think 2 or three is normal, 12 is a lot. If you think 12 is fine than so be it.

Speaking of misinformed, you may be interested to know that the Hoggard QB lives in the Hoggard school district. Never wise to base your thinking (or posts) on hearsay (I.e. what something "sounds like"). That tactic works about as well in adulthood as it does in middle school. The only thing that perhaps should be "illegal" here is people posting incorrect accusations before knowing the facts. In this case, yours are not "straight" either. I've been out of football for some time now, but I'll always be a fan of the game and the Port City area. Disappointing to see a generation of fans here that seems more interested these days in sideline and off-field antics than actual X's and O's. More drama in some of these threads than a women's sewing circle. Based on the lack of discipline I've seen on some of the area teams this year, it appears that the football in our area might be suffering not from open enrollment policies or lack of media attention, but rather a simple lack of focus on the fundamentals.

Port,
I have read your posts about transfers within NH county. However, it is different to transfer from another county and still live part time in the county you moved from. That is not a transfer, that is having to establish a domicile in NH County and actually live here. The NHC School Policy says you must abandon, lease, or sell your old residence in Pender county with no intent to return in order to establish a domicile in NH Co. You can't live in an apartment in the Hoggard District for football and then also keep your house you go back to in Pender County.

Originally posted by wildcatfan78:
Port,
I have read your posts about transfers within NH county. However, it is different to transfer from another county and still live part time in the county you moved from. That is not a transfer, that is having to establish a domicile in NH County and actually live here. The NHC School Policy says you must abandon, lease, or sell your old residence in Pender county with no intent to return in order to establish a domicile in NH Co. You can't live in an apartment in the Hoggard District for football and then also keep your house you go back to in Pender County.
AGIAN, I have addressed that issue and that is why I feel you aren't reading all of my posts or your memory isn't very strong. As I stated earlier, some people may take advantage of situations. That's on the parents. I don't know if the player you are speaking of is doing that or not. I have not spoken poorly of any of the kids or the parents or the coaches. I feel that 12 transfers in a year is a lot.

Port,
That's where you are wrong. It is on the Administration and Coaches to assure all players are eligible. I understand that one of Pender county kid's father spent 7 of the 10 nights surrounding the NH game at their Pender County Home and after the NH game stayed at the apt until late in the evening and then snuck up to Pender County and hid his car in the garage for the weekend. At one point I understand that this father had spent 7 straight weekends at the beginning of the season at their Pender County home while all along portraying that the Parents were separated. Good role model. After thinking about it Port you are correct, "some people may take advantage of situations".

Well you are on a slippery slope. I have not accuse one student or parent or coach of doing anything wrong. I have addressed a concern that someone within the county is allowing to many kids to transfer in order to play sports. I am not saying they are breaking a law or lying or hiding anything. That's why I'm speaking up. I don't feel it's fair to a school like laney to lose that many kids. I'm not going to speculate that someone is talking to someone and that this person is hiding this or that.

Thanks for your concern about a slippery slope. Is your concern really for Laney or that those kids didn't come to Hoggard?
I'm not speculating on the Pender County kid. I understand The Facts have been presented to the NH County Administration and they have to decide whether the father has a domicile in New Hanover County or not. My understanding is the Father and Mother have both admitted to the facts I stated and that they are trying to hide behind a separation agreement. Must be a mighty amicable separation!!!!!!

wildcat, if this the case ... Wouldn't the administration try to speed up the process on this? I would think the they would try to come up with some kind of decision before now. This situation has playoff seeding implications or no playoffs at all for Hoggard. if what you are saying is true. I'm not siding with port or you on this matter, but asking questions.

The administration appears reluctant to ruin Hoggard's season. I understand The Superintendant has ruled him eligible but after repeated emails will not confirm that he has a domicile in NH County. As I understand it, a letter has gone out to all of the School Board members and to the Topsail Principal and the Chairman of the Pender County School Board. It appears they are caught between the facts and upsetting Hoggard's powerful Boosters. They are hoping the issue will just go away.

It is not unusual that people think circumventing the spirit and substance of a rule is okay.

Maybe the parent buys a rental property and uses that address for registration purposes, or they are fortunate enough to own two homes....the list goes on. (btw, the rental home deal has happened in the not so distant past) These examples may or may not satisfy the letter of the law but are most certainly a violation of the spirit of the law.

Bottom line for me is if you don't want to play at NHHS, then I don't want you there either. Never had a problem if kids leave. As stated in my earlier post, NHHS can accept transfers because the school board refuses to draw the districts to fill the school. Most of this reluctancy is due to pressure from suburban parents that would hate for their child to attend an inner city school. However, with the rules as they are today, kids can transfer if the school has room to accomodate them and these transfers are by lottery.

Now that Port realizes there "may" ( I won't judge) be issues at Hoggard, he has started defending the "numbers". Two is good and twelve is bad. What about four or seven or ten? Seems to me Port might be okay with any number as long as they end up at Hoggard - remember two is good.

What's that saying about people that live in glass houses?
This post was edited on 11/12 7:15 PM by CatScratchFever23

Here goes Port stirring up the pot again. Sounds like Hoggards transfers are potentially hazardous to the team then NH or any of the other county teams. Great job port!!!! Always creating drama. I remember when he use to take shots on NB saying we were not as good yea we won the mideastern every year lol. Sounds like a very jealous person.

GO BEARS!!!

Originally posted by bearball04:

Here goes Port stirring up the pot again. Sounds like Hoggards transfers are potentially hazardous to the team then NH or any of the other county teams. Great job port!!!! Always creating drama. I remember when he use to take shots on NB saying we were not as good yea we won the mideastern every year lol. Sounds like a very jealous person.

GO BEARS!!!
Well....... Never mind its a waste of time.

I think 23 hit the nail on the head-Glass houses and all. The veiled shots you took at NHHS in this thread may now bite Hoggard in the ass. Karma is a bitch. The ultra-clean Vikings smell a little funny now with this QB situation.

Go Bears!

It amazes me what teams and parents will do to get a competitive edge. A marriage separation agreement faking the truth to move a kid. Damn. If this turns out to be true, I will laugh my ass off.

This post was edited on 11/12 7:58 PM by lovethembears

Originally posted by lovethembears:
I think 23 hit the nail on the head-Glass houses and all. The veiled shots you took at NHHS in this thread may now bite Hoggard in the ass. Karma is a bitch. The ultra-clean Vikings smell a little funny now with this QB situation.

Go Bears!
Well....... Never mind, it's a waste of time.

Sorry Bearball04, but the Bears didn't win the Mideastern in 2009!! The Vikings kicked the Bears butt that year!! In fact before the Bears 3 game winning streak over the Vikes... The Vikes beat your Bears 3 years in a row.. '07, '08, & 09.. Good luck to the Bears in the playoffs!!

Nothing about the Hoggard QB residency situation will make the team ineligible at this point. Once a player has completed a whole season (last year 2013) then starts a 2nd season it's a no issue. It's happened before and always seems to involve Topsail. If everybody has in issue with it they need to speak up the FIRST season the player is on the roster, but nobody seems to care until said player is doing well. Lastly, all the posters throwing mud around on here need to do your research next time.

Originally posted by viking1504:
Sorry Bearball04, but the Bears didn't win the Mideastern in 2009!! The Vikings kicked the Bears butt that year!! In fact before the Bears 3 game winning streak over the Vikes... The Vikes beat your Bears 3 years in a row.. '07, '08, & 09.. Good luck to the Bears in the playoffs!!
It doesn't matter what happened or what you say. All that matters is how they interpret it.

Originally posted by T Roy C:
Nothing about the Hoggard QB residency situation will make the team ineligible at this point. Once a player has completed a whole season (last year 2013) then starts a 2nd season it's a no issue. It's happened before and always seems to involve Topsail. If everybody has in issue with it they need to speak up the FIRST season the player is on the roster, but nobody seems to care until said player is doing well. Lastly, all the posters throwing mud around on here need to do your research next time.
I know that T Roy. I've got a few more stones for port before I'm done though. He's bashed my team in code for several years now and I'm just getting things on an even playing field. It's almost there.

Port started the mud and this thread btw. I just enjoy watching the know-it-all squirm.

It doesn't matter what happened or what you say. All that matters is how they interpret it.
lol...kinda like how you interpret how other teams will do in a season because of your vast football knowledge and never ending stream of statewide, in the know, football sources? Newsflash....You are always wrong about the Bears. Better work on another source.

lol...kinda like how you interpret how other teams will do in a season because of your vast football knowledge and never ending stream of statewide, in the know, football sources? Newsflash....You are always wrong about the Bears. Better work on another source.
Every time you post you prove my point. You can't read or interpret basic comments. Just keep going ......
chairshot.r191677.gif

I get it port. It doesn't matter if its NB, NHHS or whoever with you. If you get called out, you always put it off on the other guys ignorance instead of your own. It's called megalomania. IE-thinking that you are superior to others. All of your posts wreak of megalomania superman. Good luck vs SC. They have a helluva running back in Furlow.

H
I get it port. It doesn't matter if its NB, NHHS or whoever with you. If you get called out, you always put it off on the other guys ignorance instead of your own. It's called megalomania. IE-thinking that you are superior to others. All of your posts wreak of megalomania superman. Good luck vs SC. They have a helluva running back in Furlow.
Wow. It looks like you had someone to help you write your last post. While they are with you why don't you ask them to read the following and help you understand.
I get it that some of the NH posted thought I was taking a jab at NH. That is why I posted multiple times that I don't blame the NH coaches or school or players for going there. I don't know what else I can do. That isn't a sign of being conceded but a sign of trying to make things right by what I meant.
Over the years, I have given more props to the NB program than any other poster outside the NB guys. However if I post anything other than how great NB is, posters such as yourself go into a frenzy. For example the post you keep bringing up about my post about NB before the season started. Here is what I said...... The bar is high at NB and they are alway looking to win it all. I am not ready to crown them champs just yet. They have a lot of holes to fill. They are replacing 90% of their WR production from last year. They are replacing 90% of their RB production as well as a great LB and leader of the team. Their O line wasn't great last season and even though they return most of those guys it doesn't mean they will play at a championship level. NB alway has athlete and they may very well reload and improve in these areas and compete for a championship. One thing that is for sure is that they will have one of the best players in the state at QB. We will see.
So you are calling me out on those comments, ok.

Just as I thought. Megalomania. You obviously save your old posts so you can go back and read them over and over again.

Let me ask you this-Why has EVERY New Bern poster on this site called you out, repeatedly?...and now the NHHS faithful?
I guess we are all alike, huh? In a frenzy...lol....We don't ever fire back at T Roy? Some SC posters get it but really not so much anymore. What is the common element?
Maybe its time for you to look in that mirror that's hanging in your glass house.
chairshot.r191677.gif

T Roy
It does not matter that he completed 1 year. And yes his eligibility was questioned last year. However, it appear he was protected last year as he is being protected this year.
Evidence has been presented and I believe that Mr. Schoenleber admitted to spending all or part of the summer in Pender County and only coming back to the apartment when the school year started. I believe He also admitted to spending multiple weekends in Pender County. That would not allow him to claim a domicile in NH County so the QB would not be eligible in NH County. Also I believe he didn't claim Senior Priviledge so that doesn't apply in this case.
My understanding from the Topsail people was that the Topsail Principal also filed a complaint with NH County Admin last year to no avail. So yes this was fishy from the start.
Dr. Markley, the NH County Superintendant still has not said Mr. Shoenleber has a domicile in NH County. Only that he was "not ineligible".
Dudley is out of the playoffs because of a Junior playing 2 plays but this goes on in our county and the School Board doesn't appear to be interested in intervening.

Just as I thought. Megalomania. You obviously save your old posts so you can go back and read them over and over again.

Let me ask you this-Why has EVERY New Bern poster on this site called you out, repeatedly?...and now the NHHS faithful?
I guess we are all alike, huh? In a frenzy...lol....We don't ever fire back at T Roy? Some SC posters get it but really not so much anymore. What is the common element?
Maybe its time for you to look in that mirror that's hanging in your glass house.
chairshot.r191677.gif
I don't have to save my posts. I have a pretty good memory unlike some people. NH and Hoggard are rivals. We have a healthy relationship. You probably haven't noticed but only a few guys from SC post on any NB threads and outside your conf guys That's it. There is a reason for that. As far as the NB guys calling me out for disagreeing with them or not saying NB is greatest, I am fine with that and again proves my point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT