ADVERTISEMENT

Official Forsyth County Predictions - Week 1

Which team will be the biggest surprise of Week 1?

• North Forsyth

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Bishop McGuinness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Forsyth

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Mt. Tabor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walkertown

• Glenn

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NFVikings

Nov 7, 2003
Another fantastic season of high school football is upon us and in keeping with a years long tradition, here they are, my take on week 1 of the season in games involving teams from Forsyth County. My disclaimer remains the same, as my predictions are not meant to be a "slam" on any team or school. It's all in good fun, and as always, I never pick against my team.

Atkins at Christ School (Saturday)
The Camels will hit the road to Asheville for a Saturday date with Christ School. Although I think the Camels will be improved, I just don't think they can take this road win. If they do, it will be a head-turner.

Christ School 28, Atkins 12

Community School of Davidson at Bishop McGuinness
CSD has quietly built a strong program and look for them to continue their success. Bishop will just not have enough firepower to contend with the Spartans.

CSD 44, Bishop McGuinness 14

Carver at Dudley
On of the Triad's longest and most traditional rivalries kicks off the season. Both teams have had their successes, and 2016 will be no different. Look for Dudley to take the win.

Dudley 27, Carver 21

Mt. Tabor at East Forsyth
A heavyweight battle between two schools that have ruled the Forsyth County roost over the most recent years. A proud Mt. Tabor program looks to bounce back from a disappointing 2015 while East Forsyth simply reloads after falling just short of a 4AA Championship bid last season. East Forsyth has all the tools for another deep run in the playoffs, and they start with a convincing and eye-popping win.

East Forsyth 56, Mt. Tabor 14

North Forsyth at Glenn
The Vikings will travel to Glenn looking to improve on a dismal 2015 program. North Forsyth will look to establish the run, while Glenn is expected to air it out. Should be a fun one off of Union Cross.

North Forsyth 28, Glenn 21

Parkland at Northeast Guilford
The Mustangs made strides in 2015 and I think are in good hands with Coach Samek at the helm. Don't be surprised if Parkland comes out on top.

Parkland 21, Northeast Guilford 14

SW Guilford at R.J. Reynolds
RJR showed signs last season that they are improving. I'm not quite sure if they have what it takes to get a win over SW Guilford.

SW Guilford 30, RJR 18

South Iredell at Reagan
Not that long ago, both of these programs were downtrodden and neither were considered a serious threat. South Iredell turned the corner and have put together a few great seasons. Reagan has also steadily built itself into an offensive juggernaut that can light up a scoreboard at a frenzied pace. I think Reagan will take this one, as they pour it on in their home debut.

Reagan 44, South Iredell 21

Rockingham County at Walkertown

Walkertown has had decent success in its short history. I think they will do well this season as well, opening with a nice win.

Walkertown 35, Rockingham County 20

A.C. Reynolds at West Forsyth

These two teams have scheduled a pretty good series over the past few years. West Forsyth lost some key parts of their offense last season, but return a pretty solid defense. The question for the Titans to solve will be the experienced offense that the Rockets will brings.

A.C. Reynolds 24, West Forsyth 17

Winston-Salem Prep - OPEN

East forsyth will most likely stop at the mercy rule of 42, but would be nice to see them let the team keep scoring the whole game like the northwest game last year.

I will take the following for victories.

Christ school
CSD
Dudley
EF
NF
Parkland
SWG
Reagan
Walkertown
WF

NF thanks for keeping the tradition going.

Dudley- I think they pick up a solid win here. There OL DL seemed to be doing a lot of stalemating with north Davidson and intrested to see how they do.
East- East has a very long active home game regular season win streak. I believe the last home game loss was Mount Tabor at home in maybe 2011 or 2012. Long story short that was a long time ago. Mount Tabor also seems to have a weakness on defense of run plays. That's certainly not good because they are going against a massive offensive line that has a top RB and a new QB that likes to run.
NF at Glenn, I want to see north win and think they can if they jump out early and kill the crowd with an early touchdown.
ACR at WF, once again West is one of the most hostile places to play at. I think the young titans will get a run for their money at home. The west defense and how they perform will be key.

1. Christ
2. CSD
3. Dudley
4. East Forsyth by 50 (Tabor don't wear the baseball cleats like 2yrs ago when they had 5 ejections)
5. Glenn
6. Parkland
7. RJR
8. Reagan
9. Walkertown
10. West Forsyth (too much Caldwell on offense and defense is real nice)

Last edited:
Everybody likes Parkland & some like RJR this week ???? That's a good sign 2 programs that have struggled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT