ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Grove at Randleman

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Couple of good games at the roundabouts tonight.

Tigers pulled off the sweep. Girls won by around 20 while the guys game went down to the wire. Randleman boys prevailed 52-46. I'll add more tomorrow.....

Well.....tomorrow ended up turning into Saturday.

Girls game was actually pretty close most of the way. What helped Randleman was Elizabeth York getting hot from beyond the arc. What also helped was a big third quarter from Jordan Booker. Booker had at least three big buckets in that timeframe. She's a very underrated player for the Tigers.

I was impressed with Oak Grove. They're a well-coached team. They do a great job in spacing the floor. The Grizzlies have a college prospect in sophomore Trista Charles. She has some length and also has a smooth three point shot. OG also has a strong inside player in Zaire Jones. I hope to watch them again before the season's out.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Boys game was great. Toe-to-toe the entire way.

There was a Tiger fan who must've yelled out, "Play Yer Inside Game, Randleman!!", about 200 times. The ironic thing is it was their "Outside Game" that won it for them. A few Tigers got hot from three-point land during the third quarter which enabled Randleman to get a little cushion. Greg Price and Tyshaun Goldston had good games for Los Tigres.

Oak Grove has an interesting team. They have a freshman, who I shall call Max VH, who was fun to watch. This kid has a smooth pullup jumper. He also has a smooth handle, which enabled him to get into the paint frequently.
The Grizzlies also have a junior named Deity Diablo. This guy looks like he came straight out of a Marvel comic book. He has the most impressive physique I've seen in a while. He's listed at 6-5, 245 and it's a solid 245. I hate that he played so timidly in the post. He and OG's 6-6 freshman (JD Shabazz) could have a huge impact on OG's games if they wanted to. If those two play with more fire and energy, OG will be a tough team to beat.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT