ADVERTISEMENT

NS gets BIG transfer

4yds-cloud-dust

Sep 2, 2015
word on the street is NS got BiG Transfer from West Montgomery. This will make North the favorite in the West with out any question.

North Stanly..not beating Mt.Airy to get out of the West....Not Happenin....
Pure talent wise N Stanly was the most talented team Murphy played last year, Murphy played well in that game and were fortunate to win. N Stanly returns more players than Mt Airy and have apparently picked a few impact transfers. So I'm not sure why you feel they can't beat Mt Airy, from what I saw last year they have all the ingredients to do so.

Last edited:
From what you saw last year..you guys beat them right( .N.Stanly)... you didn't beat Mt.Airy..and if they (N.Stanly) were so talented as you claim..then you wouldn't won. I Stand by that Mt.Airy..not Murphy..Not N.Stanly is the reigning Western Regional Champ..and will be a favorite to win it again with what they have returning as well.

Reactions: Bearfan71
As i have posted on previous threads , Bears have picked up immediate impact skill position player as well . Before seasons end qb will be special. But nobody knows till we line them up. Bears are flat out loaded at skill positions. Gonna be interesting to see how the line comes together. Good luck to North Stanly and West Montgomery this year. Maybe it will be a match up we see in late november if each team is lucky enuff to survive the season injury free

Murphy was very very fortunate to get that win last year @ N Stanly. Most, if not all Bulldog fans who were in attendance of that game will say the same thing. Mt. Airy was very good also, but I wouldn't shrug off the idea of the Comets representing the Western 1AA this upcoming season.

Reactions: mbulldogalum23
Squash tha..if and buts..Mt.Airy was better than Murphy and N.Stanly last year..no debate about it..Mt.Airy was waaaaay faster than Murphy and Speed killed when it mattered..Plain and Simple.

And for the record..talent is subjective..if there is no heart to the talent..is it still called talent..or lazy..and lesser talented teams can beat teams with more talent and bad work ethic..anyday...The SMC proves it year in and year out..Yes there's talent up there..and yes they have beaten teams with more talent..but with waaay less of a work ethic than they possess. That's why i truly believe that not many if any 1aa teams have a chance at even staying on the field with the likes of Tarboro.. they seem to have the talent, tradition, work ethic.

Pressure bust pipes..when we're talkin about makin mistakes..Murphy was def good...though.

Not making any excuses for the Bears but if you were at the game or watched it on tv then 12 - 0 with 6:38 left in the 4th and 18 - 7 5:50 left in 4th is hardly on another world level. Vikings pulled away deep in the 4th after Ian holder came up gimpy on an injury to the ankle. Tarboro is a great squad with a great coach . They ran the ball at holder last 4 minutes who wasn’t able to contain, kids ankle was bum , big heart but he was hurt. Then under center throws a pic deep in his own territory. Vikes won the game , but it wasn’t decided till deep in the 4th. All the teams mentioned in this post should be contenders for the west but I will bet you a dollar to a dozen donuts that the western regional final will be played in the granite city this year and it could be a all northwest 1a showdown. East Surry is loaded, they should be mentioned in this conversation as well

This is awesome. Can’t wait to watch the teams play. It will be a great football season. Friday night lights

Greatest time of the year dust, sounds like the west is gonna be a dawg fight with some great match ups come playoff time , I will say this about Tarboro, they dress around 60 players. Looked like a 4a team playing a small 1a school when they were warming up. They def got a great thing going down that way.

Mt.Airy was waaaaay faster than Murphy and speed killed when it mattered..
And? N Stanly was way more athletic and faster than Murphy too. Did you see them play? The difference is Murphy brought their A game against N Stanly and they didn't against Mt Airy. Both teams had more talent than Murphy, 'Dogs showed up in one game and didn't the other. Sorry it bums you out that Mt Airy wasn't the only team with superb talent in the 1AA west last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4yds-cloud-dust
Squash tha..if and buts..Mt.Airy was better than Murphy and N.Stanly last year..no debate about it..Mt.Airy was waaaaay faster than Murphy and Speed killed when it mattered..Plain and Simple.
I hate to break it to you, but if you take Greene out of the equation (who is an immaculate athlete) N Stanly and Mt Airy aren't all that comparable. N Stanly has more athletes and better athletes overall. As good as the Smith kid is for Mt Airy, he isn't on the same level as Davis from N Stanly. Davis is one of the best high school RB's I've personally ever seen, he honestly looked like he might score every time he touched the ball. What Mt Airy had last year was excellent athletes to go along with excellent coaching. N Stanly had amazing athletes but didn't match up coaching wise to a team like Mt Airy, we'll see if they can rectify things this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Champ_24 and MHS-88
That sounds crazy..when you talk about takin one of the most athletic guys(Greene) in the state off the team..Yes he's good..but he had only a part in beating Murphy..he wasnt the only guy...Everyone talks about we didnt bring our "A" game..are you sure Mt Airy played theirs?...Just save the excuses..sounds silly...and by the way..it doesn't bum me at all..that you had talent...you played against more talent..and you lost..why would I be bummed about that..i watched the game..and knew that Murphy had less margin for error to be able to beat Mt.Airy..

Last edited:
Reactions: gdawg74
No offense, Greene didn’t see the ball last year any where near what he will see it this year, HE WILL BE TURNED LOOSE THIS YEAR. You take any teams star player in 1a ball and it’s a difference maker , exspecially a 4 star like Greene is. Smith kid was the difference in the Murphy game not Greene, he ran all over the dawgs defense. Davis is a great back , might be the best you have ever seen. But to be quite honest he wasn’t enuff to pull out a win against the dogs. The Bears pulled off the dawgs in the 4th. Now it’s time to rattle some cages. You can say comparable, not comparable, line them up and we will see. It ain’t no secret, you heard it hear first , if north Stanley or Murphy or who ever plays for a state championship from the west will have to beat the Bears in the granite city in late November. The new back that transferred in will be a house hold name on this website by mid season. Bears are loaded at the skill positions and coaching staff, you can have athletes , but that don’t make them football players. The bears have athletes , but those athletes are football players, they got a coaching staff that’s coached a few big games as well. A side note — don’t sleep on east surry , cardinals return pretty much everybody. They are a solid top 5 . Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see a all northwest 1a regional final this year

just curious : N Stanly has never been known as a football power yet the posters on here from that area say they’re getting transfers in that could make a difference....why go to NST? as for Bears it’s different around here....staff is different plus with new coach it will take time to jell (so to speak) ...Bears will need to reload in a lot of areas but talent is there...come on Aug 17!,,

Reactions: gdawg74
North Stanly is getting transfers because the coaches care about players and trying to get them to college if they want to go

And they accused us of recruiting back in the day..NS is now doing it..

Kids transferring to another school does not mean the school is recruiting. Most of the time athletes recruit other athletes to the program. Coaches recruiting athletes is against the rules.

This might rattle a bunch of cages but let’s be honest, every year we talk about transfers. If my kid plays football and has the ability to play at the next level I am gonna want him playing at the school that affords him the best opportunity to do that. In my county it’s Mt airy year in and year out. In Stanly county it changes every year but so be it. Not gonna open the discussion of charters or prep schools in this post as I think that’s a whole other animal . The transfer has to be on a kid to kid basis . The program that fits him , his goals and what he gets out of his high school experience. You can have the best players at every position, but they got to gel with each other as a team along with the coaches to boot or it ain’t Diddly squat. So I just think each situation is unique to each of the athletes in general

People saying NS is recruiting is way out of line. The head coach is totally straight up and will not break any rules. And he makes sure his asssiant coaches does the same. So if you don’t know the coaches and what they stand for just move along. Don’t even respond with your nonsense Because you are clueless and just trying to start something. Thank you

People saying NS is recruiting is way out of line. The head coach is totally straight up and will not break any rules. And he makes sure his asssiant coaches does the same. So if you don’t know the coaches and what they stand for just move along. Don’t even respond with your nonsense Because you are clueless and just trying to start something. Thank you

LMAO really? Ok.......

I think its dangerous for anyone to accuse a coach of recruiting without evidence. I think its unethical of a coach to claim recruiting goes on without giving evidence.

Like I said bulldog keep on scrolling past this thread. You don’t know these guys. The truth is you know zero about NS if you accuse them of recruiting.

Reactions: atucker2
My 2 cents worth on this subject....This fall I will take my seat on the 50 yd line at Albemarle for the 67th year...Doubt anyone can top that in supporting their team....Over all these years we have had many rivalries including Ktown, Concord, Lexington, Thomasville, and now seems to be North Stanly...Love rivalry games.....We were accused of recruting during our hay day but never proven....This could be North's year to win it all and I can't believe for one second that Coach Crisco would jeopardize that chance by recruting....If caught and proven he would lose any chance at a state title..Doesn't make sense to me....I hope North has a great year until they play my bulldogs..lol..I have posted on preps for many years and hope my good name will serve me well on this subject...I have been to the mountain top and the deepest valley following my bulldogs... I have cried and cheered almost in the same breath...Soooo lets get ready for another great season of High School Football..IMO there is nothing better than Friday Night at Bulldog Stadium......

Recruiting does go on at a lot of high schools in football as well as other sports but very few head coaches would take the risk of doing it themselves. The recruiting is done through players and even players parents. The reason North Stanly has picked up some new players from different schools is that right now they are experiencing some success on the football field and those new players want to share in that success. The same thing happened at Albemarle when they were winning all the time and I am sure it has happened at other schools as well. I'm sure during Thomasville's hey day they were getting good players from other schools in their area that wanted to be a part of a winning program. Talent pretty much runs in cycles in high school football and right now Norths is pretty good. Enjoy it while you can because it won't always be there. Can't wait for the season to start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT