ADVERTISEMENT

NPC Week 3

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Starting conference games this week. This year looks to be a down season for NPC. Hard to say who will win it. The games this week will tell a lot.

1-1 South Iredell at 1-1 Statesville... Probably the best game this week for as conference. Both teams young as a whole. I will go with South with 7 point win.

0-2 West Rowan at 0-2..East Rowan
Could be a tight game. But I think West will pull out the win.

0-1 North Iredell vs 1-1 Carson.. I think Carson will be the better team. Carson by 17.

SI at Statesville: Both team are down, SI lost BIG 44-16 to Reagan n they look to be struggling on both sides of the ball. Statesville got a much needed win over South Caldwell 27-18. My thinking is whoever makes the less mistakes win this game. I give the slight edge to Statesville - Statesville 27 South Iredell 20

West Rowan at East Rowan : This one is a toss up for me. I think East should be 1-1 but they are heavy relaying on Sammy Pickney. I think ER opens the play book a tad more they could be better. WR is under new staff and is very young this year so this one could go either way but I'm going with the Upset - East Rowan by 3

Carson at North Iredell: Carson is 1-1 , they lost to a good Mt Pleasant squad and won vs South Rowan. North Iredell has had only 1 game due to covid at other schools. I think Carson run game could be a tough thing for NI stop but their Defense has play fairly well. NI has get something going on offense if they wanna win: Carson 35 North Iredell 12

Here is the wrap up of the NPC scores.

Statesville 27 South Iredell 10
West Rowan 27 East Rowan 21
Carson 38 North Iredell 10

Good win for the Greyhounds of Statesville. South had them down 10-0 at HT but Statesville would adjust and come out big the 2nd half. I know South is young playing a lot of Sophomores and I think a freshman or two. They will definitely will get better the next two years. They will need a QB for next upcoming season in the fall.
I’m not really sure how this conference will turn out yet. I wouldn’t put it past Carson being a threat in this conference.
Next week South will take on West Rowan and we will find out more as the season goes.
Statesville will take on North Iredell
And East Rowan will take on Carson.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT