ADVERTISEMENT

NPC Week 2

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Looking at week 2 for the NPC 3A games. Unless changes are made due to covid or other circumstances.

1-0 South Iredell vs 0-1 Reagan
South Iredell with a win over Alexander Central 7-2. But AC had 15 players out. Reagan lost to Mt Tabor 20-15. Don’t know much about Reagan. South is young as a whole. I will take Reagan in this one.

0-0 North Iredell vs. 1-0 Avery Co.
N. Iredell was supposed to play Mt Airy but game was called off. I don’t know anything about Avery. My gut call is Avery Co. with a win.

0-1 West Rowan at 1-0 Davie Co.
West lost to Salsibury 36-0. But had key players out. Davie Co is loaded. I think they had a big win over Ragsdale. Going with Davie with the win.

0-1 Statesville vs. 0-0 South Caldwell. Statesville with a loss to Mitchell Co. 14-7. South Caldwell didn’t play. I don’t know anything about South Caldwell but not playing could maybe help Statesville in this one. But going with a toss up at this point.

1-0 Carson vs. 1-0 Mt Pleasant
Carson with a big win over South Rowan 41-0. Mt Pleasant with a win over East Rowan 20-14. This has I think has the making of a good game. Hard one to call but going with Mt Pleasant in a close one.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Looks like Avery will not play N Iredell due to Covid. This will be N Iredell second week of not playing unless they find or already found a team to play.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Score was given to me .Reagan 20 South Iredell 13. Not sure of QTR. But hey it’s better than I thought.

Update on some of the final scores

Reagan 44 South Iredell 16
Statesville 27 South Caldwell 18
Davie Co 35 West Rowan 7
Brevard 19 N. Iredell 7
Thomas Jefferson Classical Academy 21 East Rowan 6
Mt Pleasant 27 Carson 21

At this point this conference is up for grabs. To me no clear picture as who will win it.
Statesville rebounded with a win over South Caldwell. West Rowan lost to a powerful Davie Co team. South Iredell lost to a strong 4A Reagan team. I was surprised to see North Iredell to keep it close as it was with Brevard. The Carson n Mt Pleasant game turned out like I suspected. Next week starts conference. I think the teams will start taking shape as to who they really are.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT