ADVERTISEMENT

Not NC but its fall football

First round of playoffs is in the books. Game #2 Friday night with Buffalo Bison vs Osage Indians. I said in a few posts up that we would play Osage and they won big time. Gonna warm up again this week and I will be on the top row again.

Had a great 5 days at the river. Got back today. Had 109 kids come by the site Trick-or-Treating, a few adults also. My wife keeps count of candy bars and bags she starts with. We were prepared for 150. To top it off our site won 1st place in the decoration contest. Got 3 pizzas cooked fresh at the Camp Ground store, its good for a year. When back for opening day of 2021 trout season will eat em up.

Reactions: UNC91
The Forfit count really jumped today. Now a total of 23 teams are out of the playoffs, 2 the first game and 21 the second. Round of testing today and it got a bunch. Most all are in the St. Louis area, with a few in Kansas City.

Dodge what dude? It's not like the flu is just going to go away? Do you know how long a real vaccine takes to really make one? 8 to 10 years.
I feel like the months of November through January will see a spike, but am hopeful that by late February things will be somewhat better. Has nothing to do with a vaccine. And things may be worse. But the scenario that SWO#1 has been describing of stops and starts and mass forfeits isn’t very attractive either.

Football playoffs are going into second round ....without some teams but going. Volley Ball playoffs are just finishing up. Golf went across the state and ended this weekend. Track and field is going strong. Basketball is cranking up. And of course my camping and fishing are doing well. thinking about going back out the 15th of Nov for another week. I have the fire wood split and loading up today in the wood trailer. Went to Sam's club this morning. Havnt been in about 8-9 months. Stocked up and wife says we should be good to go for at least 3 months on food and other stuff. 8X12' pantry is stacked to the roof. 3 freezers piled full. Only thing to get once in a while is bread and milk, we dont freeze that ....ugggg. We buy staples by the case, always have.

Dude if you talk as much as you type or post, I bet you haven’t got a friend in the world. In three full pages and a piece of a fourth page you have posted 64 times on this one thread. I understand you’ve got football out there and we don’t but I doubt anybody in NC really gives a care about the Bisons! Y’all did do something out in Missouri that you can be proud of though. You gave Trump enough votes to give him a clean win. I wish we could have joined you in that regard.

SPRaiders78, looks like this election has got you aggravated. Don't forget you're from Belmont. Some of the nicest and TOUGHEST people I know.
I think, if the earth was impacted by a great celestial fireball, and we, for the most part, became extinct, any survivors would be from Belmont; They'd crawl out from under the rubble and say, "DAMN, what was that".

Please, let him talk. I've never been anywhere, much, and he tells about another place; besides, it's a nice escape from all the talk about this-------plague.

Reactions: SWO-#1
No apology needed SPRaiders78. Everyone has an opinion and welcome to it. As they say "Sticks and Stones" ...and so forth. Not much going on on here so thought I would throw in a little Diversity. Believe me when and if NC HS football kicks off I will be 100% SWO. Wishing the Raiders and Wolves the best this or whatever year they start ??

Thursday predictions on District Semis are up. Buffalo is favored 6-0 to beat Osage. The Indians are 4-6. A tid-bit fact ... The Osage Indian Tribe was through out the State of Missouri. Lots of Indian mounds and artifacts can be found. My brother and sister-in law down the road 1/2 mile have mounds on their property. Lots of arrow heads and such. He dosnt dig in mounds just the ones that flash floods wash away. The Indians will be playing in Buffalo on what is called the Buffalo Prairie. Numerous buffalo skulls and bone are unearthed when fields are plowed. Friday night the Buffalo will stampede the Osage .. The rally chant in the home field stands is everyone stomping their feet on the metal bleachers. The sound of stampeding Buffalo ..... or so they say.

GOOOO BISOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

After virus testing this week one more forfit for tonights games. Buffalo is still slated to go against Osage, as are the rest of the second round games. Game starts at 7. NO free entry during the playoffs , its $6 here, regular season games are $3. Gonna be in the 50's for the game, a little warm for me but its OK.

SWO-1, good luck to your Bison...By the way, I'll be going to the game, tonight: Miami Vs NC State. I got the best seat in the house, my house, that is. I'll be watching on ESPN at 7:30 PM (our time, yours is 6:30 PM).

Reactions: SWO-#1
Enjoy the game Lincolnton. Your seat has the best snack bar, heads are close and not crowded. After the game you're just steps away from bed ...... :cool:

Enjoy the game Lincolnton. Your seat has the best snack bar, heads are close and not crowded. After the game you're just steps away from bed ...... :cool:
I’ve been to Lincolnton’s house. Pretty good vantage point for Wolves’ games too. Still just steps away from his bed and his snacks😊

Reactions: UNC91 and SWO-#1
OC, I hope you’ll come back sometime. Your are always welcome here, meaning in Lincolnton and my house.
How peculiar it’s going to be, playing in February and March, but I’m looking forward to it.
Tell you the truth, late August and early September, to me, just never seemed like football season.

Reactions: ocdavis31
Half time .... Buffalo up 49-18. The Indians stayed with us the first Qtr. Then the Bison reeled off 28 straight unanswered points. We had 1st down on the 15 with 10 seconds left in the half but threw an incomplete or it would have been a running clock to start the second half. I expect it to be anyway soon.

Buffalo scored early 3rd qtr and the clock started running. I started running home. By the time I took my shower it was over. Final Buffalo - 63 Osage - 24. Mountain Grove pulled the slight upset beating Ava 28-14 @ Ava. The Panthers come to town with a 5-6 record.

Buffalo scored early 3rd qtr and the clock started running. I started running home. By the time I took my shower it was over. Final Buffalo - 63 Osage - 24. Mountain Grove pulled the slight upset beating Ava 28-14 @ Ava. The Panthers come to town with a 5-6 record.
Is that 5-6 record and their presence in the playoffs a product of the forfeits by other teams, or did Mountain Grove just go on a run?

Is that 5-6 record and their presence in the playoffs a product of the forfeits by other teams, or did Mountain Grove just go on a run?

I will explain a little on how the playoffs work here in MO.

A team no matter their record plays in the District tournment. The winner of that advances further, no matter their prior record. Next level of playoffs is District winners play other District winners in their class. No automatic berths or seeding past District playoff games, so a team could go 0-9 regular season and win the District games, dont think that has happened but could. Also a team who went 11-1 (losing the District) is done (that has happened). Mountain Grove had no forfeit games. They lost to some not so good teams and won some close ones. They lost to Ava in regular season and won the District game against them. Both games were kinda close with not a whole lot of scoring.

SWO-1, Here, a team has to win five games for a class title (which I know you know, already).You probably posted how many they have to win, there, but I missed it or forgot it, so how many do they have to win for a class title ?

Its 6 games in the playoffs, 3 in district and 3 between district winners. However this year we got a bye 1st district game so it will be 5 if we go all the way. Unlike NC a 10 game regular season is max vice 11. So guess it come out the same # for the year.

BIG game Friday night at Buffalo, District title on the line and 3rd round game of state playoffs.

Was hoping for some video of last game. Our QB, Jamen Smith ran for 3 tds 1st qtr. The third one is a play of the week caliber. After taking a 2 yard loss on a sack at our 37 yard line he took a couple steps back to pass. You could see him look at the coverage and he took off up the middle. Swarmed by 4 tacklers, he some how got away. I think he was hit by every other Indian Def player on the way to a 63 yard run for score. For sure one of if not the best run I've seen all year. Even coach Phillips ran to the end zone and hugged him all the way back to the bench.

Alrighty then ..... Last Friday a record setting night for the Bison. 63 was the most points ever scored by us. Our QB Jamen Smith set the record 2 weeks ago with 6 TDs by a player, this last week he broke his own record scoring 7 times, 4 rushing and 3 passing. All the TD passes were to the same end, Cameron Portis.

Its win or stay home time for all teams. Coach says Mountain Home is just like Warsaw. Lots of good backs, and a huge line. Hopefully our speed will once again prevail. Game time 1900. I will yet again be on the top row tonight.

GOOOOOOOOO BISOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

35-0 as Buffalo goes in at half in good shape. 4 Int. and 2 were pick 6. The Mountain Home (PINK) Panthers never got close 1st half. A non existent running game and terrible passing. I dont know how they beat Ava the last game. The Clock is running as time runs out for MG this year.

Final: Buffalo - 42 Mountain Grove - 0 . We scored early 3rd qtr. and subbed heavy rest of the game. Cassville coach said we were just to fast and more athletic. Next playoff game is against Cassville @ Cassville. We both have the same 10-2 record but for the rest of the playoffs home filed goes to team on the bottom half of the bracket this rear. With like records top half of bracket gets home field odd years and bottom half even years.

Its a 2 hour drive to Cassville, located in the SW corner of Mo just over the Arkansas line.

Our QB Jamen Smith only had 3 TDs this game, 1 rushing, 1 Passing, and a pick 6. He is well over 1000 yard both in passing and rushing.

A great play first half. QB in the gun with 3 running backs. Ball is snapped as one back turns his back to the line. The ball is tucked into his stomach as the QB and other two runners take off left. The entire D goes after the QB led by two blocking backs. The runner with the ball then turns around and goes 26 yards for the TD unmolested. You had to see it to believe it 😎

Congratulations SWO#1. How many more games to a championship?

3 more games. Next week its quarter finals, then semi finals, and the Championship is played 12/5 in the dome in St. Louis in the "Show Me Bowls" . All classes play at the same venue. Qtr and Semi finals are at 1 PM on Saturdays. Our game is the 21st of Nov in Cassville Mo.

Ya'll just have to put up with my rantings for maybe 1 more week, 3 at the most ....... 😬

SWO-1, Hopefully Buffalo can make it through the 21st. How special it is for your team to be playing on Thanksgiving week.
When Lincolnton made it to the third round I had something of a routine.
I would have Thanksgiving dinner with relatives, next door, then later, walk through some of the old neighborhoods, the smell of leaves in the crisp fall air; the chimes in the First Methodist Church would knell its tunes across the downtown area, then go to bed, that night, looking forward to the game the next evening. I tell you, it's to weep for. One of the joys high school football has to offer.

Last edited:
My "TEAM" is SWO, as I'm sure you already know. My grandsons went to Buffalo HS and played football, and other sports. I never really payed them any mind until the grandsons started there. I always before went to Skyline games, a little class 1 team about 20 miles away and always had great teams, not only in football but basketball, soccer, volley ball, both boys and girls teams. Both have state titles. This is the best year Buffalo has had in over 20 years. Our problem was coaching. Never had one who was a real coach just volunteers on short term. Now with Coach Phillips its totally different. He knows what hes doing along with quite a few assistants. I would like to see them go on this year.

Two local teams in qtr finals Saturday, Buffalo @ Cassville, and Lebanon @ Webb City. Both games are 2 hr drives for me. Of course I will go to Cassville vs Buffalo. Lebanon is a class 5 school just 24 miles from me but has to go to Webb City. That will be a real good game. Webb City won District for the 21st straight year and will play qtr finals for the 21st straight time, they are GOOD. The little class 1 team, Skyline is out, a huge upset took em down Friday night.

SWO-1, twenty one straight years is a long time...

Let me put you on the spot: Webb City VS a solid SWO team. Which one would you pick?

And at a neutral field, somewhere in between the two locations, maybe Lexington, Ky.
Give us your pick. :)

Lincolnton, I really dont know much about Webb City other than their record.

Missouri State Championships -- 15
Last 3 in a row I think.

Watched a couple of videos of this years games. They did lose first game of the year and since no one came close. They seem to have it all, Speed, Size, throw and run and a Great Defense. First I dont think Lebanon can hang with em this year.

As for against SWO .... I would have to go with Webb City. I would like to see that game but overall a bigger (over 1200 students), better program. Of course anything can happen in one game.

The official line here in Mo is ...... Buffalo is an 11 pt. underdog against Cassville. They are BIGGGGG .... QB is 240lbs. Running back is bigger. Super Defense. Cassville has 3 titles, last one in 80 something. Finished runnerup in 2018.

Forecast says 50% chance of rain Saturday. Dosnt bode well for our speed. We better have our Wheaties Saturday morning before heading down.

Oh and Webb City is forecasted to Beat the Brakes off Lebanon so no need to go to that game either.

Now the local prediction gurus have jumped on the band wagon with the national sites and say that Buffalo and Lebanon are DOOMED Saturday. Although 1 lone sports writer did pick in favor of Buffalo, but he has the worst record of the group ....... :eek:

What do ya'll think .... should I go to the Buffalo game, 2 hour drive 1 way, probably gonna rain, or just stay home in the dry and save the time and gas. Reckon after Saturday I will join the gang on here and wait and see what happens in Feb in NC.

Heck no! I'd go over to Bass Pro Shop, get a comfortable rain suit that would keep me dry ( as a fisherman you might have one) and make the trip to pull for my team.

Last edited:
Heck no! I'd go over to Bass Pro Shop, get a comfortable rain suit that would keep me dry ( as a fisherman you might have one) and make the trip to pull for my team.

Yes I do have a rain suit. I have no intentions of staying home. Its gonna be a tough game but couldnt expect anything less at this stage of the playoffs. We havent (or these kids havnt, or their fathers) been this far in over 20 years. Against all odds, if that dosnt fire em up then ......

Finally have a thread on the Missouri forum site about the game. One guy hasnt seen them play but thinks Cassville easy. One says a close game but Cassville by 7. One thinks The Cassville D is just to much. One seen Buffalo play last week and thinks our DBs are the real deal. Another says Buffalo will surprise many with their skills. I say .....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BISOOOOOOOON

and i will say it in person.

Cool, rainy evening of football at this time of year means it’s playoff time.... I’d be just like you and heading down the highway!!!

Reactions: Lincolnton
The weather forecast has worsened for tomorrows Buffalo game. Rain starting about 10 tonight into tomorrow and Thunderstorms at around 4. Game scheduled to start at 1 so hopefully we get it in before lightning or a frog choker.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT