ADVERTISEMENT

North Surry Coach Quit

He didn’t quit, but no longer head coach. Huge mistake by NS administration and those in community that wanted him gone.

Give Slasher time, he will fill us in.

I wish I knew SN. I'm like you all; this just come out of nowhere and blindsided me this morning at work. I never expected it at all, last I heard everything was set for the new season.

I'm incredibly heartbroken for him right now. I know the kids are too. We grew really close during the spring season last year, it was hard at first but I constantly supported him and the staff and we turned it around after the 3rd game. We all struggled to get that Carver game played after that storm but we ended it on such a high note. He was there for me after it when things were really dire for me personally after that season ended; this is really hard to take in for me due to that. I was lucky to have a lot of support from him, Lyons, and Hampton when my dad died. It saddens me so they are all out of North now. Guess time is not a friend sometimes. If he does go for another job he will do a heck of a good job for whoever gets him.

Guess we will just have to wait and see who it is. I just hope the kids stay focused; they've been working too hard to give up.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Wow, I did not see this coming! Coach Taylor is a great person and I thought he had North Surry on an upward trend. I interviewed him back in September and he had big plans for NS. I'm just confused about the whole thing.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Hopefully, North Surry top players want transfer over to Mount Airy. That would give Mount Airy more power to their program.

I heard there is a young up and comer from Charlotte that interviewed. Had been mentored by some great coaches. If North lands him, they will be set with structure, discipline, and an excitable coach ready to dive into the community. I think his last name starts with a D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doppleganger#
How many interviewed?

No idea; they are keeping it incredibly tight lipped. I asked someone I know well about what was going on Sunday and he didn't even know. Last two times I had an idea of what was going on; not so much now. Everyone's focused on the basketball team. I'm guessing the start of April with spring practice coming in May they gotta hurry it. It won't be like it was when I played in 2009; it took forever to hire Coach Hampton and we were so badly behind the 8 ball due to that.

I'm just waiting to see what happens. I'd love more than anything to stay around still and help whoever gets it.

Last edited:
I hear that second round interviews are this week. Some former head coaches and first time guys I hear. I do hear that the young guy from Charlotte is still in the mix. I looked at his Twitter and he looks like a solid guy that works hard for the kids at his school. It is one of the bigger publics in the state that had as many kids on the JV team as N. Surry had in the program. I imagine that he will need some local guys to stick around and help him out if he is the guy.

Still all quiet on the western front I'm afraid. Everyone I know hasn't heard anything; been a detective as much as I can but it's all mute.

I expect something soon though.
seems like schools this year have been keeping it hush hush

Other possible candiates maybe, an assisitant from East Surry, Mount Airy, or West Stokes?
Not real familiar with North Surry. I do know East Surry and Mount Airy have been the top dogs in that area for a while. Does North Surry have any guys on staff that are interested? A lot of schools stay in house. There has to be some assistant coaches on those staffs you mentioned Dopplerganger that could probably do a great job at North Surry. East Surry and Mount Airy being in county and all the success they’ve had you would think North Surry would try to lure one of those guys if no one on staff is qualified.

Last edited:
Not real familiar with North Surry. I do know East Surry and Mount Airy have been the top dogs in that area for a while. Does North Surry have any guys on staff that are interested? A lot of schools stay in house. There has to be some assistant coaches on those staffs you mentioned Dopplerganger that could probably do a great job at North Surry. East Surry and Mount Airy being in county and all the success they’ve had you would think North Surry would try to lure one of those guys if no one on staff is qualified.

As far as I know we've had 4 guys on the staff apply.

The Defensive Coordinator for sure has and we talked about it when I last seen him. He's been on the staff for 10 years on both ends of the ball and he's qualified for it. If it's anyone on the inside it will be him.

Outside wise I'm still not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT