ADVERTISEMENT

North Surry at West Wilkes

North is probably, overall, the 2nd most talented/athletic team in the FH2A conference. They should win this game.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Well, west Wilkes is beating them so I’m not sure how that’s true. Lynch is the only athlete they have. I would put W Central and N Wilkes ahead of them without question.
They definitely aren’t the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league for sure, but they definitely have better pure athletes (across the board) than West or North Wilkes. They just aren’t performing up to their potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: Illuminati704
They definitely aren’t the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league for sure, but they definitely have better pure athletes (across the board) than West or North Wilkes. They just aren’t performing up to their potential.
Yeah I would tend to agree. Wilkes central really has no business being as bad as they are and let’s be honest..The second best team in this conference isn’t a good team. I feel bad for East Surry.

I don't or I can't figure out North wish some of these kids just cross the bridge come to Mt airy and they can they should be tired of this

For North Surry they have a new young HC thats not much older than the kids. Is that correct? With a new HC and new transaction. It will take time to build North Surry program. For all the years North Surry has never been a big time football School, They will never be in Class with programs like Shelby or Reidsville, but i have never labled North Surry as a doormat football program.

Game will continue Monday night at 6PM with West leading 24-14 with 1:24 left in the 1st half. Back to back NS INTs led to 14 straight Blackhawk points to grab the lead when they were trailing 14-10.

Reactions: Hon Dines
West won 31-28.

We played a ton better in the 2nd half but West was in ball control mode and we ran out of time. We just gotta learn to make the most of the opportunities we have; we are super young and it showed on Friday. Tonight was a 180 though, best we played in a while this half was. Offense played with some spark tonight, I hope it keeps up the next three games. It was a super quick half though, it was finished in an hour; very bizarre but the whole situation was.

I'll give their HC a lot of credit he's done a very understated job there. Last HC had potential but he let it fall apart epically. They will have a nice run for a little bit with this sophomore group they got.

Turns out the whole outage on Friday was caused by a total fluke. West's HC told us it was a balloon of all things that flew into the transformer and knocked it out. Power people came and fixed it by 11 but it was too late to play.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT