ADVERTISEMENT

North Stanly @ Edenton Holmes

N Stanly was probably the second best team we played last year. They certainly got an unfavorable draw. With that being said, think you guys roll them this year. Good luck to both squads

They aren’t the same team they were last year. They lost all their skill players and best defensive linemen. I will give them credit this year because they were a lot better than I thought they would be. They were the second best team in the YVC behind North Rowan and seemed to improve as the season went on.They will play hard and not quit but I’m not sure it will be enough Friday night.

It’s gonna be a long ride to Edenton to get blown out for North Stanly.

Aces 49
NS 7

Goob is not too far off. North is much improved since September...but, they are not the team it will take to beat the Aces right now.

Goob you gonna get everybody riled up against us talking like that.

I'm just stating what I think everyone knows but won't say. I have said this before, I have seen both Edenton and Tarboro play this yr and as a gambling man my money is on Holmes to win the east. I haven't seen anyone from the west so I will not comment on whether I think Edenton can win it all. For those that don't know please don't associate my fellow posters from Edenton with me. I am a diehard Northeastern Eagle and my thoughts whether crazy or not should not reflect on them. Stanley will run for 150 plus on that Tarboro defense and carry Holmes to a 10+ win this yr. I'm the only one calling for this upset and I will put my 98% prediction accuracy rating on the line,lol!!:D:D:D

Let’s take it a game at a time and try to get past N. Stanly first. Anyone know what offense they run?

Let’s take it a game at a time and try to get past N. Stanly first. Anyone know what offense they run?

I apologize and will head back to the 2a threads. No love over here except from Aceswild. Hey Wild, I know that was you standing beside me at the Northeastern game. Your Aces played very very well.

I'm just stating what I think everyone knows but won't say. I have said this before, I have seen both Edenton and Tarboro play this yr and as a gambling man my money is on Holmes to win the east. I haven't seen anyone from the west so I will not comment on whether I think Edenton can win it all. For those that don't know please don't associate my fellow posters from Edenton with me. I am a diehard Northeastern Eagle and my thoughts whether crazy or not should not reflect on them. Stanley will run for 150 plus on that Tarboro defense and carry Holmes to a 10+ win this yr. I'm the only one calling for this upset and I will put my 98% prediction accuracy rating on the line,lol!!:D:D:D
Well that settles that.

I’m trying to remember the last time any RB ran the ball for 100 yards on Tarboro. Can’t do it.

In the 2017 Eastern Finals game Maxpreps has Kemion Bailey with 126 yards and Mitjonta Stanley with 66.
Ah, OK. I remember Holmes moved the ball a bit that night, but those yards were wasted by turnovers. I recall our DE Massenburg had that option so well scouted that it gave the Aces QB fits all night.

Reactions: AcesWild2323
Ah, OK. I remember Holmes moved the ball a bit that night, but those yards were wasted by turnovers. I recall our DE Massenburg had that option so well scouted that it gave the Aces QB fits all night.
The tall lanky DE, the one I think you are talking about, disrupted us on the edge all night long and the turnovers did not help our cause.

The tall lanky DE, the one I think you are talking about, disrupted us on the edge all night long and the turnovers did not help our cause.
Yep he was only a sophomore that night. Hope he has it well scouted again this year if we play haha

Did not realize or forgot he was just a sophomore that year.
That's correct. He's still here...
giphy.gif

Reactions: KW23 and bud33345
Not even close to what Tarboro played last year and the Vikings even played them without CJ Clark. They have a good team this year and are well coached but I'm going with Holmes by 21 in this one.

Reactions: daagoob
Not even close to what Tarboro played last year and the Vikings even played them without CJ Clark. They have a good team this year and are well coached but I'm going with Holmes by 21 in this one.
Griddle are you from the Stanly County area

I am from Stanly County and don’t think this game will be close.Holmes by at least 4 touchdowns.

I am from Stanly County and don’t think this game will be close.Holmes by at least 4 touchdowns.
Thanks for your input. It is nice playing teams you normally don’t play but there is always the unknown factor for both teams.

Reactions: JAHAces
Yeah no need to overhype this game - Holmes big.

The unknown factor is just how much Mitjonta Stanley has improved his game. N Stanly fans you may not come away with the victory but what you will witness in the rb at Holmes is going to be worth the ride. The kid will put on a show. It's not very often we get to see that kind of talent around here. If Northeastern had him we would beat the brakes off everyone in 2a

Reactions: JAHAces
o_O
:D:D:D

Echoing AcesWild, while I appreciate Goob’s enthusiasm for our RB, Mitjonta Stanley, I have way too much respect for Tarboro to predict a 10+ point win. If our Aces can keep it close this year, we’ll have a good chance of winning by a very close margin. But we still have two games to play before we get the chance to play Tarboro again. It will be interesting to see how we play against a team or two that are west of NC’s Berlin Wall (I-95). Also, it goes without saying that there’s more to Edenton than one great RB.

Holmes has a good qb and a great defense to go along with Stanley. I think you guys are selling yourself short. Holmes by 10+ and I'll except your apologizes after the game:p:p

Just curious. What separates this years Holmes team from the last two teams?

Its gotta be something significant to not only be able to flip a 41pt deficit from last year - but to then turn around and win by double digits, because Tarboro hasn’t fallen off that much from last year.

Last edited:
Hey TarVikes the Holmes fans aren't predicting a win just for the record. I think they'll be happy with a close loss tbh. I'm a Northeastern guy and I'm not shying away from my statement. To answer your question Defense and a drastically improved Mitjona Stanley. Maybe I'm wrong with my prediction but I've been very accurate over the last couple of years.

Hey TarVikes the Holmes fans aren't predicting a win just for the record. I think they'll be happy with a close loss tbh. I'm a Northeastern guy and I'm not shying away from my statement. To answer your question Defense and a drastically improved Mitjona Stanley. Maybe I'm wrong with my prediction but I've been very accurate over the last couple of years.
I think Tarboro folks have been waiting for that "close game" from Holmes the last two seasons and we are still waiting. I'm not saying the Aces aren't legit. They are the only school East of I-95 not named Tarboro that's still undefeated. But I think the Aces fans will tell you the only game they played all year that could be considered a barometer for their season was against the Eagles, and this Northeastern team is a step down from their last couple of seasons. North Stanly may not have the elite athletes they had last year, but their defensive scheme was quite good last year in that 20-0 loss to the Vikings. I think the Aces will get their best look at Tarboro in a while, but they want to get two wins and not get anyone injured. After that...let the games begin!

I think Tarboro folks have been waiting for that "close game" from Holmes the last two seasons and we are still waiting. I'm not saying the Aces aren't legit. They are the only school East of I-95 not named Tarboro that's still undefeated. But I think the Aces fans will tell you the only game they played all year that could be considered a barometer for their season was against the Eagles, and this Northeastern team is a step down from their last couple of seasons. North Stanly may not have the elite athletes they had last year, but their defensive scheme was quite good last year in that 20-0 loss to the Vikings. I think the Aces will get their best look at Tarboro in a while, but they want to get two wins and not get anyone injured. After that...let the games begin!
We’ve been waiting for that close game also.

Its gotta be something significant to not only be able to flip a 41pt deficit from last year - but to then turn around and win by double digits, because Tarboro hasn’t fallen off that much from last year.

To me there are two things. One our defense is playing the best I have seen it play in six or seven years. Two, we finally have some decent size, at least by our standards.

Still haven’t read any posts about what kind of offense N Stanley runs. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT