ADVERTISEMENT

North Stanly @ Albemarle

Support all the way. Admire you for that. You called Susan out.... you owe her an apology. Admire your dedication. But, seriously, 2-3 years you have no shot. Not being a pessimist, but there isn't one thing positive about your future. Give it up.

Reactions: susancoleman
Support all the way. Admire you for that. You called Susan out.... you owe her an apology. Admire your dedication. But, seriously, 2-3 years you have no shot. Not being a pessimist, but there isn't one thing positive about your future. Give it up.

On the apology nah I'm good. And that's fine 2-3 yrs can make a huge difference especially when you are looking at a very young team who has not matured physically. There is a huge difference between a 14-15yr old and a 17-18yr old which I'm sure you agree with. I could be wrong and like I said if I am I will own it. 2-3yrs is what I see, I'm not saying we will win a state title in 2-3yrs I said we will start making our way back to the top. In all reality you could see a completely different team next year in regards to us being more competitive. The kids are still at the school. Just a matter of getting them out.

We will see what happens in the next 2-3 but that is my prediction just from what I see. Could be wrong but could be right as well. I think next year we will be better and more competitive as well. remember I predicted 3 this year with the possibility of an upset. I will still stay with the 3. I don't believe it's impossible for them to beat SS nor UA. But we shall see.

Congrats to NS! Guessing that last night might be North's biggest win ever over AHS. Definitely the biggest in many years. I know some long-suffering Comet fans who will be very happy and deserve it.

Chins up, Bulldogs. . . . keep working and keep improving. . . . you have lots of people pulling for you.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
One thing that I saw Friday night that I thought was just horrible. For all those who have attended AHS Football games you know that after the game players come off the field and across the drive to get back to the dressing room. How are you supposed to support a coach or a team if he will not allow the players to stop long enough for you to say, Good Effort, or Good Game? My nephew told his dad after the game that he could not stop to talk (while he was jogging towards the dressing room) but had to go straight to the dressing room. If and when my Dogs ever win again.............I wonder if this will change. Sad! :(

They better hope South Davidson fields a varsity team next year or they are going winless. And they aren't looking for a coach again.

One thing that I saw Friday night that I thought was just horrible. For all those who have attended AHS Football games you know that after the game players come off the field and across the drive to get back to the dressing room. How are you supposed to support a coach or a team if he will not allow the players to stop long enough for you to say, Good Effort, or Good Game? My nephew told his dad after the game that he could not stop to talk (while he was jogging towards the dressing room) but had to go straight to the dressing room. If and when my Dogs ever win again.............I wonder if this will change. Sad! :(

I agree with this move. Think it is the smart and safe way to go. They just got rolled by fifty against their arch rival that they manhandled for years and people are talking shite about them. You do not hang around. Get to the dressing room.

Reactions: sway1532
I agree with this move. Think it is the smart and safe way to go. They just got rolled by fifty against their arch rival that they manhandled for years and people are talking shite about them. You do not hang around. Get to the dressing room.

I disagree in order for me to support "someone or something" it would help to better know those involved. Either you want my support or not........not just my $$$$$

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Albermarle are full of "PUPS". I saw a couple of players lifting weights at the Y, not sure if they were from Albemarle, but they seemed to play basketball. They could barely lift 135lbs....so they must have been from Albemarle...

From 1991-2010 (minus 2006) we were just cut from a different cloth is all I'm saying..

AHS will be closed in a couple of years. The football team maybe done after North Stanly cherry picks the players they want anyway. If the middle school teams are any indication of what's coming up then AHS, NS and SS could stand to combine and possibly field one decent team. Decent numbers but not much talent wise. West Stanly has a middle school team that I'd like to see AHS play!!! I think it'd be a pretty evenly matched contest.

Reactions: atucker2
Albermarle are full of "PUPS". I saw a couple of players lifting weights at the Y, not sure if they were from Albemarle, but they seemed to play basketball. They could barely lift 135lbs....so they must have been from Albemarle...

From 1991-2010 (minus 2006) we were just cut from a different cloth is all I'm saying..

Nope! If you saw them lifting then I doubt it was any Albemarle players. :D

I disagree in order for me to support "someone or something" it would help to better know those involved. Either you want my support or not........not just my $$$$$

So you think the players should stop and chat on the way to the dressing room after the game? If you want to know them wait until they are released. I doubt they keep them more than 15-20 minutes.

If the middle school teams are any indication of what's coming up then AHS, NS and SS could stand to combine and possibly field one decent team. Decent numbers but not much talent wise. West Stanly has a middle school team that I'd like to see AHS play!!! I think it'd be a pretty evenly matched contest.
[Speaking of middle schools West Stanly beat WM tonight for the championship 48 to 16 and NS finished 3rd beating Albemarle.

So you think the players should stop and chat on the way to the dressing room after the game? If you want to know them wait until they are released. I doubt they keep them more than 15-20 minutes.

I remember when we had "family" at mid field immediately after the game and before the players were "released". It didn't seem to be a problem then. o_O Everyone felt welcomed and a "part" of what was going on. The only difference was winning and losing. :eek:

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
AHS will be closed in a couple of years. The football team maybe done after North Stanly cherry picks the players they want anyway. If the middle school teams are any indication of what's coming up then AHS, NS and SS could stand to combine and possibly field one decent team. Decent numbers but not much talent wise. West Stanly has a middle school team that I'd like to see AHS play!!! I think it'd be a pretty evenly matched contest.

you keep speaking of AHS closing but yet it looks at this point the only schools come 2019 that won't be here will be EM and WM as they will be one school.

I remember when we had "family" at mid field immediately after the game and before the players were "released". It didn't seem to be a problem then. o_O Everyone felt welcomed and a "part" of what was going on. The only difference was winning and losing. :eek:
I agree so much with this, abiggdog. If We are building Community along with a good local Football Team, We need to get back to this. Fans aren't coming unless They feel involved.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
They aren't coming because the team is getting crushed. If they were undefeated no one would care if they were not stopping to chat on the way to the dressing room after the game. People do not complain very much when their team is rolling.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you Tango. Back in the day going on the field after a game was a Big Deal.. I looked forward to it and the kids loved it. Different time now and things do change.

I understand everyone likes the camaraderie and wants to be a part of the the team and the team a part of the community.

Buddy, you are right it is a different time and that is my main reasoning for my thoughts on this. I think that there is a lot of potential for problems with the way things are going. The wrong thing is said and things can get out of hand quick. It could be a fan or a parent from AHS or an opposing team's fans. The last thing AHS needs is anything negative to happen. Every little incident is / will be blown out of proportion. Buddy, things are different now, both with AHS football and society in general.

My opinion is you do not give it a chance to happen. I saw one of the craziest incidents happen to one of the greatest coaches in NC history after his team's second JV loss in eight years. It would have never happened after a win and if the fan / parent would not have had access to the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT