ADVERTISEMENT

North Stanly/Albemarle fans - important ?

Griddie

Oct 3, 2001
Where do I eat tonight? And I don’t mean in Asheboro at Chile’s, etc. I want a real place in Richfield, New London, Albemarle! I love high school state playoff football more than anything especially 1A level, and part of it is eating and meeting new people in our small communities. So any suggestions are appreciated

There are no place to eat in New London and Richfield basically has McDonalds, Wendy's and Bojangles. If you come down 52 about 2 miles past North Stanly High School the first place you will come to is Log Cabin which is basically a barbecue place but they have good hamburgers and real good home made vegetable soup. Unless you want to drive into Albemarle and most of the eating places are basically across town Log Cabin might be your best bet.

What’s your opinion of Log Cabin versus Whispering Pines bbq. I have no qualms of driving on into Albemarle. I had a girlfriend from Troy for four years, tons of relatives on Tillery, so I know Albemarle well and really like the town. Just been a while since I’ve ventured in to eat, so not sure what all is there now

Log cabin is good...but its usually packed on Fridays and service can be slow. Good onion rings and hush puppies. There isnt many places to eat in albemarle thats not your usual restaurants fast food etc...

Thanks guys. I’m going early. I’m so excited I will be at game early I’m sure.

I remember eating the most at a buffet place going from the mall to downtown, seems like there was bowling or putt putt near it, and a fish house out past Morrow Mountain towards Badin and new London maybe

Last edited:
What’s your opinion of Log Cabin versus Whispering Pines bbq. I have no qualms of driving on into Albemarle. I had a girlfriend from Troy for four years, tons of relatives on Tillery, so I know Albemarle well and really like the town. Just been a while since I’ve ventured in to eat, so not sure what all is there now
Never ate at the Log Cabin but Whispering Pines has pretty good BBQ.

Take 52 through Albemarle. Take a right on 24 toward West Stanly. The Exxon station next to the SECU has a restaurant inside. It is home cooking and worth the effort to find. (I wouldn't give you a nickel for the barbecue in Albemarle. You've got to get EAST of Greensboro to get real barbecue.) :)

I’m more of a pulled pork kind of bbq but I like all kinds. I will look up this one as well at Exxon. Thanks for info

Lucky Tusk, log cabin, Little Tokyo, coaches, and then u have the regular restaurant like Applebee’s etc. but it’s not but 10 min from NS

Burleson Square Handi Mart
1554 NC 24 27 Byp W; Albemarle, North Carolina 28001

I personally eat at Whispering Pines when in Albemarle. If you want to step out Lucky Tusk (right before Whispering Pines) is a sushi joint.

Reactions: Sleehrat84
I love any kind of Asian food, my personal favorite. But Friday night high school state playoff football just needs bbq, food from that Handimart, fish house. Just my mind I guess lol

Reactions: Swain97
Log cabin is way better than whispering pines! BBQ salad or hotdogs is what I would recommend. Handi Mart is good also but a little out of your way.

Thank all of you. I’m down to Log Cabin or the Handy Mart. Gonna be a last minute, game day decision lol

If you want fish Jay's Downtowner may be the best choice.
1230 E Main St, Albemarle, NC 28001

Log Cabin, Whispering Pines, Lucky Tusk are about five minutes from North Stanly. Handi Mart and Jay's about twelve minutes.

If you want fish Jay's Downtowner may be the best choice.
1230 E Main St, Albemarle, NC 28001

Log Cabin, Whispering Pines, Lucky Tusk are about five minutes from North Stanly. Handi Mart and Jay's about twelve minutes.
You are right about Jay's being the best place to eat. Believe it or not but they have the best ribeye, hamburger steak and spaghetti in town and it's at a fish house.

Take 52 through Albemarle. Take a right on 24 toward West Stanly. The Exxon station next to the SECU has a restaurant inside. It is home cooking and worth the effort to find. (I wouldn't give you a nickel for the barbecue in Albemarle. You've got to get EAST of Greensboro to get real barbecue.) :)
And from now on I will look at all your posts as not being quite right!

They can't even make good slaw down that way much less barbeque ;)

Reactions: btango and Swain97
My friend was late getting off work so unfortunately, and embarrisingly, we ate at Arby’s lol. We were going to the Handi Mart but wanted to be at the game at least an hour early, and that wouldn’t have happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT