ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson at Hertford County

HC interception in the end zone. They kill the clock and it is 21-20 at the half, HC leads. My phone is dying so won't be able to do the second half. Someone else take over please.

North just got beat by a bigger, more athletic team tonight. I wasn't at the game, but I would not be shocked at all if once ND got up 20-7 that they kind of slacked off after that. It's happened more than once this season when they took a lead. Hertford is no doubt a very good team, but their is also no doubt they will see a defense next week a WHOLE lot better than ND's when the Salisbury Hornets head to Ahoskie. They're also going to see an offense with a lot more speed than ND as well.

As for ND, they had an average season that was expected with what they lost from the 2018 season, and they had a very good JV team this season as well. They ended Oak Grove's season this year and in the ND community, that's good enough! :):):):):):)

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
You don't expect a 6 seed to get three straight home games. Has to work in HC's favor. Hope the Hornets end their streak.
We're all counting on the Hornets. Otherwise, Hertford is going to be able to claim a CCC title to go along with their NE Coastal title.

I think its always an big boost to a team who has to travel 4 hours for a game to be able to walk into the stadium and see a nice full set of visitor bleachers... I’m sure this was the case tonight. Can anyone confirm?

I don’t think Salisbury will travel as well. My money is still on Hertford, but I’ll be rooting for Salisbury.

North just got beat by a bigger, more athletic team tonight. I wasn't at the game, but I would not be shocked at all if once ND got up 20-7 that they kind of slacked off after that. It's happened more than once this season when they took a lead. Hertford is no doubt a very good team, but their is also no doubt they will see a defense next week a WHOLE lot better than ND's when the Salisbury Hornets head to Ahoskie. They're also going to see an offense with a lot more speed than ND as well.

As for ND, they had an average season that was expected with what they lost from the 2018 season, and they had a very good JV team this season as well. They ended Oak Grove's season this year and in the ND community, that's good enough! :):):):):):)
No offense but remember that HC is in the same conference with NE. Northeasterns offense has been a juggernaut the last few years and defense not to shabby either. HC will be just fine.

Most of the ND fans on here predicted ND to win the conference this year. I don't think they expected a 7-6 year with a 5th place finish. Of course the Moore injury was a factor in that, but North has a lot of talent that they only seemed to put together in brief stretches.

Last edited:
Ah finally got my phone back on lol. Hertford was long, lean, big and strong. Their athleticism was not surprising at all. This area produces natural athletes.

North did the same thing they did continuously all year. Win the first quarter or half and lose the last three or second half. North had team chemistry issues this year. They just simply weren't a cohesive unit. Jenkins will be back next year and the offense should be good again. Size was not a plus for North this year. I guess we have to see if anyone grows next year.

The D was average all year and improved slightly towards the end but was always in trouble against good athletes.

Overall I would say it was an alright but not great season. Started 0-3 and finished 7-6. Least wins since 2009. Time will tell if North remains top 4 or 5 in the conference or continues to feel the effects of finally having true 2A numbers. The JV team went 8-2 to finish second to OG. Sounds like talent lies in the wings.

Coaching staff did a good job adapting during the year. Lost the starting qb and made the backup into a good player in the system, he needs to calm down on his throwing speed sometimes. The coaches know their Xs and Os and how to teach the system pretty well.

Development of future talent is going to be a higher priority than ever now. Arcadia and Welcome get enough athletes to challenge for the conference crown, it remains to be seen whether they will or not.

Good season, guys. Beat OG and Salisbury and got to the second round after finishing lower than expected in conference. It's always a great day to be a Black Knight...

I think its always an big boost to a team who has to travel 4 hours for a game to be able to walk into the stadium and see a nice full set of visitor bleachers... I’m sure this was the case tonight. Can anyone confirm?

I don’t think Salisbury will travel as well. My money is still on Hertford, but I’ll be rooting for Salisbury.
The stands weren’t full but North did bring a good crowd. They

Hertford’s fake punt in the second quarter changed the whole complexion of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT