ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson 17 - Ledford 10

Agreed on the Defense, ND had those short gainers working on that first drive, then seemed to get away from it and pound the run. The short passes seemed to be creating some lanes for TJ. Ledford gave us fits both games. Hats off to Them.

Once again the Black Knight Defense rose to the challenge and limited Ledford's O. It was somewhat the bend but don't break theme tonight. Gave up some yardage, but hunkered down close to the goal line when it counted. The 7 points given up was on a great play call, not much to do about that. Their kicker is solid, as He added a field goal to complete their scoring.

Congrats to Dunn, will be in the ND record books with that 56 or 57 yard field goal as time expired in the first half! Seeing conflicting distances???

Good, hard fought win! Get to work and get ready for South Granville!

Last edited:
Don’t shoot the messenger but I think North is far superior to Ledford but think Flynn and the ND staff were outcoached in both games against Ledford which led to games being closer than they should have been.

Don’t shoot the messenger but I think North is far superior to Ledford but think Flynn and the ND staff were outcoached in both games against Ledford which led to games being closer than they should have been.
Based on all of the comments in the stands last night, I would say most ND fans would agree with you. They can't seem to rein in the stupid penalties, and going to a huddle seemed like a huge overreaction to the signal stealing and just killed the offensive rhythm. I thought the play calling was a little too vanilla, also.

The preparation needs to be much better next week, because the level of competition is going way up.

And KickedOff - that was awesome. Are they calling it 56 yards or 57 yards?The Dispatch has it 57, the game announcer and my eyes said 56 yards. And whatever little breeze was there was working against him. I know a lot of hard work went into that moment.

One thing I noticed about both games with Ledford was the shotty play of the offensive line. There was A LOT of standing around after the ball was snapped and T.J. was getting blown up. There were times when as soon as the ball was handed to Boyce, every single Ledford defensive lineman was on him and the ND offensive line was just watching, never touched a soul! I did think they did a better job of picking up that delayed blitz that was so effective for the Panthers in the first matchup. Now granted, a lot of that was due to Ledford being familiar with ND and also with Dickie Cline over on the other side coaching.

I agree about the huddling, they were so paranoid about the signal stealing that it definitely affected the offensive rhythm. Notice how many times ND just barely got the snap off before the play clock expired? Look, I don't like to second guess coaches because they know their team a lot better than me or any of the folks in the stands, but some of the play calling was head scratching. Like there in the 4th quarter when ND had a 3rd a 3 and REALLY need to get that first down. I agreed with running the ball, but why in the world would you run a play wide when Ledford had eaten that up all night? As soon as T.J. got the ball, just like clockwork, the Ledford defense absolutely destroyed him and he lost, what, 3 or 4 yards on the play?

Oh well, doesn't really matter now, you just have to tip your hat to Ledford for playing great defense.

Well that was interesting... Got up 17-0 and then just seemed like we wanted the game to go ahead and end... Very conservative play calling all night, the paranoia was apparent. The game went so fast because both teams punded the ball so much!

Hat off to Chris for a wonderful kick, I counted 56 yards myself. That was a huge boost going into halftime.

I know literally nothing of South Granville, but I know they're undefeated and absolutely cannot be taken lightly! Its the quarterfinals now boys, LET'S GO BLACK KNIGHTS!!!

Agreed on the Defense, ND had those short gainers working on that first drive, then seemed to get away from it and pound the run. The short passes seemed to be creating some lanes for TJ. Ledford gave us fits both games. Hats off to Them.

Once again the Black Knight Defense rose to the challenge and limited Ledford's O. It was somewhat the bend but don't break theme tonight. Gave up some yardage, but hunkered down close to the goal line when it counted. The 7 points given up was on a great play call, not much to do about that. Their kicker is solid, as He added a field goal to complete their scoring.

Congrats to Dunn, will be in the ND record books with that 56 or 57 yard field goal as time expired in the first half! Seeing conflicting distances???

Good, hard fought win! Get to work and get ready for South Granville!
Spoke with Brian Flynn this morning. Ball was kicked between the 46 and 47. Flynn is going with 57 and so am I.

Reactions: bkknights93
I’ll take it! Tied for 4th longest FG in NC history. Not going to lie, it proud moment for the young man/our family. The reaction from his teammates and the fans was priceless. Told him that 1 actually enjoyed that moment last night more than the national FG championship he won in Vegas because we got to share it with his mom (it was just me and him in Vegas) and his teammates and community.

Cool thing I will share with you guys.....I brought it up to him this morning and he was like, it really doesn’t matter today, time to get ready for next week. Tried to play it off because his response surprised me and told him “you’re right, it’s no different than if you missed it, just got to flush it and move on like it never happened”..he quickly replied, “let’s not go that far”....

It will be good to see Chris Dunn in a Wolfpack uniform next year. Finally NC State will have a reliable kicker. From what I have read the kid has a great work ethic and will truly be an asset for "The Pack" in years to come.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Congrats to Chris, what a talent and weapon for North!

Does anybody remember what the wogan kid had a couple years back against North in round 4? Was it 58 or 48? It was absolutely insane (as was Chris' kick!)

Reactions: Yellow Jacket POY
Congrats to Chris, what a talent and weapon for North!

Does anybody remember what the wogan kid had a couple years back against North in round 4? Was it 58 or 48? It was absolutely insane (as was Chris' kick!)
The thing I remember about Wogan was how high he kicked it. The ball just seemed to disappear into the ether.

Reactions: bkknights93
58 yards.

He is actually the guy Christopher is chasing for the touchbacks in one season record. Christopher is at 80 and Matt (Wogan) had 85 the year they went to State Championship.

He and Christopher have become fairly close over the last year since Matt moved back to NC after his Oregon career.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
58 yards.

He is actually the guy Christopher is chasing for the touchbacks in one season record. Christopher is at 80 and Matt (Wogan) had 85 the year they went to State Championship.

He and Christopher have become fairly close over the last year since Matt moved back to NC after his Oregon career.
Matt Wogan is the best high school kicker I have ever seen, hands down. Heckuva punter too. My son competed against him at a Shrine Bowl combine and made all of his kicks until a 55 yarder clanked off the upright in a strong crosswind. Wogan, who my son called "the Beast" made all of his, though two may have missed. They were so high that the officials just shrugged and called them good. When he consistently kicked off through the uprights and twenty yards past the back of the endzone, he received a standing ovation from the crowd. I was amazed at how little Oregon used him.

I’ll take it! Tied for 4th longest FG in NC history. Not going to lie, it proud moment for the young man/our family. The reaction from his teammates and the fans was priceless. Told him that 1 actually enjoyed that moment last night more than the national FG championship he won in Vegas because we got to share it with his mom (it was just me and him in Vegas) and his teammates and community.

Cool thing I will share with you guys.....I brought it up to him this morning and he was like, it really doesn’t matter today, time to get ready for next week. Tried to play it off because his response surprised me and told him “you’re right, it’s no different than if you missed it, just got to flush it and move on like it never happened”..he quickly replied, “let’s not go that far”....

Congrats to Christopher! Wish I could have seen it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT