ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Approved For Public Schools?

While I see where you’re coming from, I believe if the private schools can do it then the public schools should as well. Either everyone can or no one. IMO!
100% agree.

But now the can of worms of high school NIL is wide open. There will be a kid that demands money to show up for summer workouts. There will be parents that pull their kids from a team because they weren't getting compensated. There will be a kid that plays for multiple teams in one season. There will be a business owner that will try to stack his favorite team like an AAU coach would by offering no show jobs or ridiculous hourly wages.

Hopefully there is an appeal and stay. Or legislature just passes a law banning it. This Judge overstepped his lane. He's not supposed to make laws or legislation.

Reactions: dogs79
I don't think NIL will impact 1A/2A/or 3A...NIL will impact high profile athletes in the 4A and privates. If a player wants to leave Maiden to go to Bandys for more goats and tractor pay, go for it. lol.

Not entirely true. You will have some 2a/ 3a athletes that will get opportunities. Think Drake Powell , Juke Harris type guys. You will probably see some 2a/3a get some local business deals that could equate to a part time job. I don't want to say any current names, buts its some guys that could get some pretty big deals at the 2a and 3a level.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
what kids don't realize is that that will have to file taxes for the nil. which if passed they need to take financial courses in high school

I'm sure more 4a size schools will deal with the NIL, but any school with a strong presence in its community is liable to have athletes get offered. With the way that privates have taken athletes from local schools, it wouldn't surprise me for any coach to quietly direct his booster club to go find some businesses who are willing to "sponsor" a few athletes to advertise for them or show up for a meet and greet on a Saturday afternoon. I don't want to suggest any schools as an example because I don't want to seem like I am picking on them or accusing them of doing something wrong, but I see this as a possibility for any school that is a focus of its community.

Little 2A Reidsville has definitely felt an impact from the lure of NIL.
How, I understand he's back...And Reidsville had no issues with that player being gone as their undefeated record proved that. A kid chasing $ to Charlotte, if that was the case, and realizing there are better, bigger, faster players and returning is another issue...not NIL.

How, I understand he's back...And Reidsville had no issues with that player being gone as their undefeated record proved that. A kid chasing $ to Charlotte, if that was the case, and realizing there are better, bigger, faster players and returning is another issue...not NIL.

Providence schedule isn’t that daunting to prove that

Providence schedule isn’t that daunting to prove that
I said nothing about schedule; however, Weddington, Charlotte Catholic , Charlotte Christian, Ruban Gap, and Charlotte Latin are better than any team Reidsville will face the entire year. So...not sure how you get that from their schedule. My point was Reidsville didn't miss a beat when a player decided $ was more important than playing with the guys, team and coaches that he's played with his entire life. It couldn't have been all about the $ because he left. To say NIL impacted Reidsville on the football field is just plain false. They were great with the player, great without him, and will continue to be great.
Now basketball, on the other hand, would have been impacted. I don't think they win another state without him on the court. They win a lot of games, and make a run, but not state. I'm sure they are super excited to have him back. Best of luck to all....both the player and players and teams dealing with NIL. It is not going anywhere.

I said nothing about schedule; however, Weddington, Charlotte Catholic , Charlotte Christian, Ruban Gap, and Charlotte Latin are better than any team Reidsville will face the entire year. So...not sure how you get that from their schedule. My point was Reidsville didn't miss a beat when a player decided $ was more important than playing with the guys, team and coaches that he's played with his entire life. It couldn't have been all about the $ because he left. To say NIL impacted Reidsville on the football field is just plain false. They were great with the player, great without him, and will continue to be great.
Now basketball, on the other hand, would have been impacted. I don't think they win another state without him on the court. They win a lot of games, and make a run, but not state. I'm sure they are super excited to have him back. Best of luck to all....both the player and players and teams dealing with NIL. It is not going anywhere.

I never said the schedule wasn’t better than the rams. It’s still not outta of this world though. Charlotte Latin is a bad example and you know it. Monroe will likely be just as good as catholic and possibly charlotte Christian. I understand your point now though. Possibly disagree with your basketball take, but we will never know. I think rams would have been favorites out west and then you have FarmVille out east. I know it would’ve been tough for the rams in basketball though, just not 100% sure who the threats are yet

Reactions: Dadof23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT