ADVERTISEMENT

New head football coach at Richmond

Go. U really make me throw up...Just keep stealing PS players from the Maxton area..nuff said..

We have stole any players from anywhere. Keep refusing to admit that there is problems and it will get even worse up there.

THE BEST EVER SERVED AUTHENTICITY
[/B]
e355vd

Originally posted by raiderstud:
Go. U really make me throw up...Just keep stealing PS players from the Maxton area..nuff said..[/B]

This post was edited on 4/4 12:40 AM by swett2victory

Reading some of the idiotic post on here you would think that Richmond is the only school that has had a coach leave. I think Richmond has had a good run of coaches staying put here until its get retirement time or close to retirement. It amazes me how so many people seem to wait on Richmond to lose a game or any news to come out of raiderville. Must be bored with life.

Raiders gonna need new baseball coach too. Lost to Scotland and now Harrell Christian. Surely football isn't only sport in Richmond Co. that people care about!
This post was edited on 4/7 12:29 PM by kingdiamond2123

Since king changed some stuff, I will as well. Go with Experience!
This post was edited on 4/7 3:12 PM by Football-Friday

Originally posted by ct147:
HE MUST BE FROM CHAR MECK THE SOUTHWEST CONFERENCE OF THE NCHSAA
Char-Meck is not a conference, it's an urban school system consisting of 3 conferences (Southwestern, MecKa and Southern Meck 8).

Originally posted by kingdiamond2123:
Raiders gonna need new baseball coach too. Lost to Scotland and now Harrell Christian. Surely football isn't only sport in Richmond Co. that people care about!
This post was edited on 4/7 12:29 PM by kingdiamond2123
The baseball coach took the team to two or three eastern finals and the state final. They were senior heavy last year and are probably a little short on the mound. I think I would not jump to hard on the baseball program.

Originally posted by hokiemtc:

Originally posted by ct147:
HE MUST BE FROM CHAR MECK THE SOUTHWEST CONFERENCE OF THE NCHSAA
Char-Meck is not a conference, it's an urban school system consisting of 3 conferences (Southwestern, MecKa and Southern Meck 8).
well aware of that . the whole county and charlotte. which is governed by the cms

As for the 2 losses that is referred to, errors cost the game that I don't think the coach made. He wasn't on the field.

Originally posted by go_scots:
I'll get massacred for asking this but it won't be the first time. What is going on in Richmond county? Coaches leaving, players transferring? Something just isn't right in Raiderville.

[/QUOTE]
IT SEEMS TO ME THAT EVERYTHING IS FALLING APART THE OLD RACETRACK IS IN SHAMBLES, THE CHICKENS AIN,T SELLING. RAIDER MAJIC NO LONGER EXISTS AND THE CHICKEN INFESTED COUNTY IS FALLING APART EVERYBODIES LEAVING AND AIN,T COMMING BACK. YEP SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG IN THE CHICKEN COOP .
Originally posted by go_scots:
I'll get massacred for asking this but it won't be the first time. What is going on in Richmond county? Coaches leaving, players transferring? Something just isn't right in Raiderville.

Chicken will always sell. Hell, over half the people that reads this has probably had some chicken today or will have some before the weekend is over, especially on Sunday. Just saying. LOL

I often wondered how long this line would be if Hoggard left. I think there will be some internal candidates and they may outnumber the outside candidates. I think we have lost some luster concerning this position for a variety of reasons, but the program is still winning most of it's games. That's taken for granted by many who feel a championship is the only measure of success. Goals should be high, but reality has kicked in. Many great programs and most are found in Charlotte in 4aa ranks now. Right now, the rests of the state in 4aa is behind. Talent and schemes.

I don't think a coach like a Tom Knotts, if he were in a position to coach and still in NC, would get in line. I think this would attract more of a county type coach who feels he can make a difference and really desires a challenge. No doubt the overall talent has been down a bit. It will take a tough skinned coach to block out the hype and fan coaches, but the atmosphere is still a good one overall...if you are winning. The economic climate and moving a family here would be a hindrance for someone who lives in an amenity filled type metro area.

I don't get involved in the financials, but money does talk. I hope we can find someone who carries themselves in the same respectable way that Hoggard did on and off the field. The DC leaving compounds the problem and I assume he desired the salary incentives of coaching in SC.

It will be interesting to say the least as to who ends up in this position.

tango has said that some coaches that he would not have expected have shown interest, whatever that means.

some of that excitement is gone for a lot of reasons. some of the best athletes at RC are not playing football and that has never happened.

I believe a new system that has more of a modern feel will bring some of that back. We have a large group of coaches that believe that the kids in RC can not be taught how run routes to pass the ball.

I thought I saw that system coming with wiley but when he left the system regressed.

The systems that the Charlotte schools run is the biggest difference in them and the rest of the state. I would like to see the Raiders give the passing system a shot. I can remember us running pretty much everything over the years from the Veer, the "I" to the triple option. I don't see why the Raiders can't run a passing system.

Originally posted by Raiderdev23:

Chicken will always sell. Hell, over half the people that reads this has probably had some chicken today or will have some before the weekend is over, especially on Sunday. Just saying. LOL
just finised eating some hope you and yours are in the best of health

Being a public job, shouldn't the list of applicants be public information?

I wonder if one could simply ask and get answers?

Originally posted by Heel yes:
tango has said that some coaches that he would not have expected have shown interest, whatever that means.

some of that excitement is gone for a lot of reasons. some of the best athletes at RC are not playing football and that has never happened.

I believe a new system that has more of a modern feel will bring some of that back. We have a large group of coaches that believe that the kids in RC can not be taught how run routes to pass the ball.

I thought I saw that system coming with wiley but when he left the system regressed.

The systems that the Charlotte schools run is the biggest difference in them and the rest of the state. I would like to see the Raiders give the passing system a shot. I can remember us running pretty much everything over the years from the Veer, the "I" to the triple option. I don't see why the Raiders can't run a passing system.
What an uninformed post. Have you EVER seen Mallard Creek play???. They are anything BUT a passing team. In fact their running game is way more archaic than you what you paint Richmond to be. Trust me, they are only cutting edge when it comes to the pure athleticism and size of their players. They, like Richmond will pound the rock and throw when the want to. Charlotte Catholic is a wing T team and always go deep.

Did I say anything about any specific Charlotte team?

Since you are informed are you saying no Charlotte schools have a passing game?

Richmond can run and if you can slow it down there is no plan B.

A big night passing is 6-9 passes.

The triple option is very dated and outside of Charlotte the forward pass is considered a gimmick to most of the state of nc.

Where do most college qbs come from in nc? The Charlotte area?

I disagree and agree with heel yes.

First, how I disagree. No matter what anyone says, the thing that has separated Richmond from the very top teams in the state has been defense. Richmond's offense has been fine. Some of the top teams in the state have a very basic passing attack. Teams like Mallard Creek, Dudley, Scotland, New Bern. All 3 teams passing games are basically RB screen, RB in the flat, occasional deep ball to keep defense honest.

Now, how I agree. If you are gonna keep it simple, you gotta have superior talent on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure Richmond has that anymore. Richmond has seemingly put all of their talented size on offense over the last several years. Maybe a more creative offense would allow some of those potential Shrine Bowl OL turn into Shrine Bowl DL. Maybe some of those explosive athletic RB's could be hard hitting safeties.

But hey, I'm no coach nor scout. I could be way off. IMO Raider fans are a little spoiled. They've been good basically forever. So what if you've gone a stretch without being the best? Yeah, I know some people hate that attitude, but but when it comes to something as unimportant as playing a game, I think it's easy to take it too seriously.

The triple option is very dated and outside of Charlotte the forward pass is considered a gimmick to most of the state of nc.

Actually, in 2014 Charlotte-Mecklenburg County did not have any QB's in the top 10 in NC. In fact CMS came in at #15, #16, #19 and #20 in passing out of the TOP 50 in the State according to Max Preps. Rocky River, Myers Park, Providence and Phillip O. Berry in that order.

So apparently a lot of people outside of CMS know how to throw the football better than CMS and it is not a gimmick outside of CMS. Hunh....who would've thought?

Now I see why you are an expert on who the Raiders should hire as their next coach.

Originally posted by bubbafine:

Actually, in 2014 Charlotte-Mecklenburg County did not have any QB's in the top 10 in NC. In fact CMS came in at #15, #16, #19 and #20 in passing out of the TOP 50 in the State according to Max Preps. Rocky River, Myers Park, Providence and Phillip O. Berry in that order.

So apparently a lot of people outside of CMS know how to throw the football better than CMS and it is not a gimmick outside of CMS. Hunh....who would've thought?

Now I see why you are an expert on who the Raiders should hire as their next coach.
Richmond County played how many CMS schools in 2014....RC BEAT HOW MANY CMS SCHOOLS IN 2014....NUFF SAID...

If you guys have all the answers then why ask?

There is nothing that makes your points any better than mine.

4 qbs verbaled last year from NC. 2 from charlotte and the other two from the rest of the state. that would be half the talent in NC in charlotte.

I dare you to do the research on where the majority of the Div 1 talent at QB in NC comes from.

I never claimed to be an expert I am a fan and as a fan I can pull for who and what I like.

Why do you have such a problem with that?

I can assure you that the two best QBs in Charlotte were at Mallard Creek and Butler. They got out to big leads and did not have to throw it as much. Mallard Creek had some stud receivers and they could make the play and put up big yards after the catch. Each of those teams could have put up much larger numbers in the air.

Originally posted by Dangerboytwelve:

Teams like Mallard Creek, Dudley, Scotland, New Bern. All 3 teams passing games are basically RB screen, RB in the flat, occasional deep ball to keep defense honest.
The other three schools have nowhere near the passer at QB that Mallard Creek had nor the skill or depth that MC put at the wideout spot. MC was loaded there. The QB for MC could have put up some huge numbers if they did not keep it conservative especially when they got the bigger leads.

Heel, I have to agree with you. Most of the coaches in NC have no idea
about a passing game - and too stubborn to do anything about it. Charlotte
is close to SC where many of the top teams in the southeast live off the
pass. NC isn't known for producing QB's due to not having any!

You put mo flo's passing game in RC and the results could be very very scary due to the fact that nobody outside of charlotte could defend it.

Charlotte this and Charlotte that.....didn't Richmond beat Rocky River, Vance, & Butler (with their great UNC recruit QB) last season? .........Why YES they did!

Every recent Raider QB has had the chance to go on to play college football and the Raiders put way more WR's in college to play than most realize.

Originally posted by Football-Friday:
Charlotte this and Charlotte that.....didn't Richmond beat Rocky River, Vance, & Butler (with their great UNC recruit QB) last season? .........Why YES they did!

Every recent Raider QB has had the chance to go on to play college football and the Raiders put way more WR's in college to play than most realize.
just imagine what could be done with those WRs and QBs if they were used to pass and catch instead of run and block.

You put mo flo's passing game in RC and the results could be very very scary due to the fact that nobody outside of charlotte could defend it.
You right about mo flo. It could be scary, b/c you may win some game games then have to FORFEIT all of them. For those that don't care about character or only worried about skin color, you may get what you want. Just don't be upset when you get called on the carpet.

Originally posted by Football-Friday:

just imagine what could be done with those WRs and QBs if they were used to pass and catch instead of run and block.
Yeah, they might beat those Charlotte schools and have the chance to go play college football.
grin.r191677.gif

I'm sure they could. My point was that you can win in NC with a basic offensive scheme if you have the talent. Even with MC, their go to pass was a simple "go up and get it" streak/post route to a WR. It wasn't complex route combos and formations.

MC very seldom if ever ran " go up and get it" routes. Vernon Grier and Kyle Horton both had over a 1000 yds receiving. TE Mahlon Medley and Javon Harbison both had over 400 yds receiving. The 9 route was the one that made the highlights, but their passing game was much more complex than you could imagine. They would suck you in with the intermediate routes than blow by you. You don't accumulate almost 4000 yds passing with a basic passing game.

There are a lot of coaches in NC, in fact most of them, that refuse to move into the modern era. If you don't see this or refuse to believe it then you are just wrong. Sorry but you are.

The Days of smash mouth and the Running Back being the key to success are over and done. That part of the game is being legislated out of the game for better or worse, like it or not.

If you are a coach and you don't want to get with the program you might as well get out. This is not me talking this is the football world. For safety reasons and to make the game more watchable they have decided that football needs to go to a game that features the forward pass. Rules have been legislated in to protect and help QBs and WRs. The teams that embrace these changes will grow and progress with the times. The ones that don't will die on the vine.

NC in the high school world is known for its lack of modern systems and coaching. They do not produce high level QBs and WRs because the High School Coaches in this state for the most part refuse to change.

I Hope my school moves forward with the new type of football. It will be hard but it is necessary.

MO FLOW 2015!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT