ADVERTISEMENT

New head football coach at Richmond

If I was the hiring coordinator at RC I would just write down everything that been stated on this forum. Why would you need a Coach when all of these geniuses are giving out all this knowledge for free. A team that can run the ball and play tough defense will always have a higher possibility of winning. But if you want to get the studs you have to make it fun.

Nepsy I only watched MC maybe 4 times over the last 2 years, but the 4 times I watched them they looked very basic. Of course, this was against their stiffest competition.

Dangerboytwelve.

You are correct. The 1st State Championship 2013 ran the ball down their opponents throat. They had three, 225lb backs that were fast. When you loaded the box they would throw it over top. 2014 they aired it out all over the place.

Mallard Creek did have a passing game, though it probably wasn't needed much to win games. It was there to keep the D's honest. Keep in mind that was a beast of a team across the board considering the size, depth, and athletes they had. They probably have another year coming.

The ideal situation is to have a pass attack to go along with a great run game. We have lacked in that department, but it's been the defense that has needed the most improvement. We haven't been able to get really good teams off the field. I think it was going in the right direction.

Pass block has been very poor. The Offense has been enough and the spread hasn't been a problem until we get to Pinecrest and Scotland. They know how to defend against it very well along with having good coaching/athletes. That was when a pass attack would have helped. Then teams in the playoffs either played solid against us using those defense schemes or we just shot ourselves in the foot...little of both. We have faded a bit towards the end of the season, but teams are making better adjustments against us at that point. I do agree the pass game needs to be there and used early in the season to build on. You don't just "all of a sudden" become a passing team. There is more to it than meets the eye and just because a team has the look of being able to pass, it's not always that easy to execute. It would be nice to have that as a weapon in our arsenal though.

According to the Daily Journal Richmond Senior has received 37 applications for the head coaching job. The committee is going to narrow the list to their top 10 and will do interviews with this group. I don't know anything about the applicants or their qualifications, but out of this group we should be able to find a good new coach.

There are some coaches in that group that can flat out coach and Richmond has seen some of them in person over the years.

The new Coach will come from Charlotte!
3dsmile.r191677.gif
Maybe?

This post was edited on 4/17 5:39 PM by nepsy7

Originally posted by Heel yes:
There are some coaches in that group that can flat out coach and Richmond has seen some of them in person over the years.
Heel you know nothing about who the coaches are that have applied....You are WAY ON THE OUTSIDE , begging to know what is going on ...Please quit begging on CP site...YOU KNOW NOTHING.......The passing game, I would really luv to watch you x and o your passing game ...That really makes me laugh......you are a joke and i hope know one on here thinks you are a true raider......nuff said..

Originally posted by raiderstud:

Originally posted by Heel yes:
Heel you know nothing about who the coaches are that have applied....You are WAY ON THE OUTSIDE , begging to know what is going on ...Please quit begging on CP site...YOU KNOW NOTHING.......The passing game, I would really luv to watch you x and o your passing game ...That really makes me laugh......you are a joke and i hope know one on here thinks you are a true raider......nuff said..

Originally posted by RAIDERS2014:
Of the 37 names in the hat 2 are from richmond!
And it has been confirmed that one of those 2 only has 4 yrs experience coaching. Those would be the 4 where Scotland has beat Richmond. However, he has gone on record stating that he would be the next Head Football and Head Baseball Coach at Richmond. Why? Because of who his Dad is and who he knows. That is what Heel Yes has called good ol boy politics.

Since the committee has been named. We're looking at you Mrs. Goodman, Mr. Maples, Mr. Carter, Mr. Quick, Mr. McKenzie, Mr. Mason, Mr. Young, & Mr. Shuler.

Playing ain't coaching.

Got to be able to relate with players. Its been said he relates to baseball players better than football players and we looking for a football coach. Heck every coach remaining on the Raider staff is practically more experienced and more qualified.

People keep saying leave politics out. This would be a very - very political move.

Don't know who the coach is that is being talked about but I can assure you that if Dr. Goodman has anything to do with it the very best person available will be selected. She is an education person first. She has been a principal at an award winning elementary school. The new coach will have to be strong in putting education first. Second she is a people person. She will go out of her way to support the new coach. Although her husband is in politics she has never been a political person. She just happened to marry someone that is in politics. The lady is first class and makes her decisions on merit not because of who someones father is. Will the new coach be a winner? I can't say. I will give him the advice Daryl Barns gave the coach that replaced him. Daryl said "Coach you will be alright as long as you don't lose the last game of the year." No he was not talking about Scotland. He was talking about a playoff game leading up to the Championship. You lose a playoff game and don't win the championship you are in big trouble in Richmond County.
I just want to wish the new coach good luck and success at Richmond

Ct don't worry she has a committee of around 10 people to help her make the decision. This does not include the school board. Her committee consist of the Athletic Director(oh wait he is the baseball coach everyone said that needed to be fired because he lost to Scotland. So if he fires himself, He will not be able to be on the committee. I really can't see him doing that so I guess we will have him. By the way he is an excellent baseball coach. The Principal,several members of the central office staff, and a former Athletic Director and head coach that lost to Scotland 4 times.There are several others.How in the world could we not pick a first class coach with a group like this. I think with this committee some of the people that wanted Coach Hoggard gone might want to ask him to please reconsider.LOL
Just kidding this committee will do a good job in selecting the next head Raider. Coach Hoggard will also do well in his new job.

A couple of names leaked out were marlboro co. head coach, byrnes head coach, and mike newsome along with 2 raider assistants

omg a female hiring our football coach? we are doomed already!
This female you speak of, she possesses an extensive background in athletics. In her early career, she taught mathematics along side (maintaining very good, solid professional relationships with) several Raider coaches. In addition, she was a highly competitive Girls' Basketball coach. On the side, she was an impressive, competitive tennis player (well into adult life). Unsure if she still participates in formal competitions - it wouldn't surprise me if she does though, she can PLAY. You need not worry about her ability in this hire. Topping it all of, she is from Richmond Co.- she KNOWS the deal here. She KNOWS better than many - if not most - of YOU.

Does she know Bo?
This female you speak of, she possesses an extensive background in athletics. In her early career, she taught mathematics along side (maintaining very good, solid professional relationships with) several Raider coaches. In addition, she was a highly competitive Girls' Basketball coach. On the side, she was an impressive, competitive tennis player (well into adult life). Unsure if she still participates in formal competitions - it wouldn't surprise me if she does though, she can PLAY. You need not worry about her ability in this hire. Topping it all of, she is from Richmond Co.- she KNOWS the deal here. She KNOWS better than many - if not most - of YOU.
Downontheshoe You certainly know this young lady. I have always been very impressed with her. She is a first class person and will not make her decision because of politics. I assure you she will tell it like it is. As you also know she is a people person and works hard to support and bring out the best in her staff. My earlier post was meant to be sarcastic for those who are always putting Richmond county down
By the way Richmond County's two university presidents are retiring at the end of this school year. Also a former top administrator at Pembroke State University was honored recently for his contributions to that university. Richmond county must do something right to give such gifts to the State of NC. .

From a sketchy, but reliable source, there were some pretty big names interviewed, along with the local guys. I won't give names, but there was supposedly at least one former Charlotte area coach, at least one current SC coach, one from the triangle area, one from the east, and a current assistant or 2.

I believe in keeping the privacy *especially without a solid source), but at the same time, the fans/ taxpayers aka people paying the salaries ought to have a clue of whats going on.

I have been hearing of big names interviewing as well. I just hope they make the right decision.

Newsome is not one of them. Former CMS coach, one from the Triangle, Marlboro HC, 2 assistants, and one that isn't even a contender IMO.

The one that isn't even a contender is the one that has done the most with the least IMO. I'd love to see that guy with some real talent.

Reactions: Narya
Boyd has inquired before and for different reasons they did want to go that direction before.

I would like to see Flowers get it. The football power is in CMS and he knows how to play and beat that type of ball. He should be the front runner. He is what RC needs. RC will love him.

The way he carries and presents himself. It is what you want and the things he wants is what the people in RC want and he isn't afraid to say it.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT