ADVERTISEMENT

New Head coach at JK

I'm hearing that there's a new head coach in Warsaw. Has anyone else heard that?
This is from a post on Social media

ATTENTION: JAMES KENAN FOOTBALL COMMUNITY

It's that time of year again folks, and James Kenan football is headed in a new direction under new head coach Tim Grady. Coach Grady is a 2000 graduate of James Kenan, he was the starting right guard on that 3rd round 98 Tigers squad, under head coach Kim Brown. Coach Grady went with Kim Brown to North Lenoir and helped turn that football program around in 2015 as the defensive line coach. He returned home to JK in 2017 and has coached the offensive, and defensive line. He has 17 years of coaching experience and this will be his first head coaching job on the high school level. He is a Man of God, he serves as Associate Pastor at Rose Hill PFWB church. Coach Tim Grady is James Kenan, and he knows what it takes to get James Kenan football back to being dominant. Coach Grady is, "Beyond excited about what God is doing!"
We as a community of James Kenan need to put our best foot forward in supporting coach Grady get our football program back to the respect it deserves. So parents, if you have a kid that's interested in playing football this season, we will be practicing tomorrow evening at 5pm. Please get these kids out of the house and out to JK. Let them be a part of this great turn around that is about to take place as we start the Coach Grady era at James Kenan.

Yes this is great! Tim Grady is James Kenan and he'll get the job done. We're about to see some old school JK football. Pound and ground, and a in your face defense. LET'S GO JK!!

Idk why not. Avant obviously didnt want the job sounds like this guy is born and bred JK former player,been around the program a insider.
Doesnt always work. A lot of SWO posters on here dont like Dempsey based on their posts. He was born and bred, former player and all that good stuff too.

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
Agreed why some SWO posters dont like him is beyond me. People expect you to snap your fingers and proof State Championships took Padgett some time to get there aswell.
Southwest Onslow is a tight football community. With that being said to be a good coach you must have the respect of your team. Personally I think Coach Dempsey is doing a good job. I give him a B+ on the grade scale. I would give him a A+ problem is not being consistent as a coach. Also be willing to listen to your coaching staff. Also When players see certain players get away with certain things. It’s the start of cancer on your team. It took the late great Coach Padgett years to win a championship. Before he won his first championship he had the respect of the team. It’s a difference being out match and being out coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
Southwest Onslow is a tight football community. With that being said to be a good coach you must have the respect of your team. Personally I think Coach Dempsey is doing a good job. I give him a B+ on the grade scale. I would give him a A+ problem is not being consistent as a coach. Also be willing to listen to your coaching staff. Also When players see certain players get away with certain things. It’s the start of cancer on your team. It took the late great Coach Padgett years to win a championship. Before he won his first championship he had the respect of the team. It’s a difference being out match and being out coach.

Coach Dempsey, isnt and wont make the effort to reach the athletes in three neighborhoods. These three neighborhoods produced the best athletes ever at SWO...............

Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT