ADVERTISEMENT

New Hanover @ Scotland

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
Scotland begins a long home stand with a visit from the Wildcats.
Its October 14 before the Scots play a road game again.
Scotland had everyone back last week and started off very
sluggishly on offense only leading 8-6 midway through the 3rd
before blowing it open at Jack Britt winning 36-6. NH had a bye
week and has had a couple weeks to prepare for the Scots.
The visiting team will need everything and the kitchen sink to hang
in this one. The Scotland D could have had a 3rd consecutive shutout except
for a turnover giving Britt the ball inside the 10 yard line.
Thoughts, opinions, prediction ?????

Scotland should win this game and have good rushing yards. Your RB will have good game. Earl Smith is a heck of a coach,but not enough horses though.

2015 - 48-28 win
2014 - 49-21 win
2013 - 42-13 win
2012 - 21-16 win
2011 - 49-28 win
i'm almost sure we lost to New Hanover in 2012. I remember some big ass fullback they had that rumbled for about 200 yds on us. i just want us to have one dominant game for 4 quarters on offense before this schedule gets tough and it will get tough when Glenn comes to town the defense will be tested.

Reactions: swett2victory
i'm almost sure we lost to New Hanover in 2012. I remember some big ass fullback they had that rumbled for about 200 yds on us. i just want us to have one dominant game for 4 quarters on offense before this schedule gets tough and it will get tough when Glenn comes to town the defense will be tested.
You did.......Good look

But in 2010 Scotties won 35-6

The number still stands: 6-1

I AM AWARE of such Im just banking on them not having the ball much.
The D hasnt been tested by an offense with any talent to speak of yet.

I AM AWARE of such Im just banking on them not having the ball much.
The D hasnt been tested by an offense with any talent to speak of yet.
That is true and that should be a concern but i think they have a much better pass rush than previous years and the secondary seems to have grown up from last year. However,the jury is still out. Britt was awful on offense.

That Britt offense was BAD.2 OR 3 different guys in some form
of wildcat with a pass or 2 mixed in. I don't think the qb they
mainly used in the Richmond scrimmages took a snap verse us. If my recollection is good.

Now Portcity where you at with the lowdown on New Hanover.
They are getting an extra week to prepare, so some unseen
wrinkles are definitely expected.

That Britt offense was BAD.2 OR 3 different guys in some form
of wildcat with a pass or 2 mixed in. I don't think the qb they
mainly used in the Richmond scrimmages took a snap verse us. If my recollection is good.

Now Portcity where you at with the lowdown on New Hanover.
They are getting an extra week to prepare, so some unseen
wrinkles are definitely expected.
Please be patient as Portcity gathers his thoughts. He will be here 9/12/2016

Last edited:
Reactions: portcity FB
NH has a good defense and a capable offense. I have not seen JB play this season but from what I have heard I feel confident the Wildcats are better. NH is still running the spread but heir Offensive line is very small compared to last season. They use 2 QB, Meehan will start and is smaller. He throws it well and will run it but will not beat you running. This should be a big relief to Scot fans. The other QB (Walston) is a soph, he is left handed and can throw it a mile, he will not run much at all. The RB is good but not so much a game breaker as their best WR, Wiz Vaughn. Vaughn is a threat on special teams as well. NH will use him a few times to run the ball.
I think NH will have a difficult time scoring against a very good defense. It appears SC is still trying to figure things out on offense and NH will need that to continue if they want to pull the upset. If SC offense is still sputtering this game could be close in the 3rd qrt just like the JB game. If the SC is clicking on offense I don't see NH being able to keep up with them.
The JV game should be interesting.

Reactions: Trench Fighter
NH has a good defense and a capable offense. I have not seen JB play this season but from what I have heard I feel confident the Wildcats are better. NH is still running the spread but heir Offensive line is very small compared to last season. They use 2 QB, Meehan will start and is smaller. He throws it well and will run it but will not beat you running. This should be a big relief to Scot fans. The other QB (Walston) is a soph, he is left handed and can throw it a mile, he will not run much at all. The RB is good but not so much a game breaker as their best WR, Wiz Vaughn. Vaughn is a threat on special teams as well. NH will use him a few times to run the ball.
I think NH will have a difficult time scoring against a very good defense. It appears SC is still trying to figure things out on offense and NH will need that to continue if they want to pull the upset. If SC offense is still sputtering this game could be close in the 3rd qrt just like the JB game. If the SC is clicking on offense I don't see NH being able to keep up with them.
The JV game should be interesting.
actually it shouldn't be a big relief sc needs to see as many quick and elusive qb's as possible before playoffs.

You know what I mean.
and u know what I mean you don't get better sacking slow guys we need as many challenges as possible because thus far defensively we have not faced a team with any offensive fire power and NH normally is a good offensive team with a vertical passing game and some good athletes. I don't think that is the case this year.

Reactions: portcity FB
NH always has good athletes but with this team they won't have any chemistry or hit their stride until playoff time. Too many new faces. Scotland up early and then a mild comeback by the wildcats and the Scots win by 21

NH always has good athletes but with this team they won't have any chemistry or hit their stride until playoff time. Too many new faces. Scotland up early and then a mild comeback by the wildcats and the Scots win by 21

After Hoggard and New Hanover play each other in late September ... Both teams will hit their stride. Mideastern conference is weak and both should win the rest of their games after that. portcity gave a good description of New Hanover and Scotland should have their way with them on Friday night.

Scots a big 3rd quarter team all year, you better be close or ahead at the half. Take a look at the stats.

Last edited:
Hoping to make it back home from the Port for this one. Haven't seen my Scots live this year.

Hoping to make it back home from the Port for this one. Haven't seen my Scots live this year.
u will be impressed with the Defense that is for sure. I want to see them with a pass happy team. The front 7 is stout!

Scots 27-7 half
4 td passes
Lots of 2 back looks with white and mcqueen
4th and 18 last play of half Scotland completes pass to White for TD

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT