ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps Elite 8 4A Rankings Week 9

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Here are the latest rankings in the NCPreps.com Elite 8 for Week 9 of the NC high school football season.

These rankings are sponsored by XPloderBar.

NCPREPS.COM ELITE 8 4A RANKINGS
1. Mallard Creek (6-0-1)
2. Myers Park (7-0)
3. Richmond County (7-0)
4. Leesville Road (7-0)
5. Vance (5-1)
6. Scotland County (7-0)
7. West Forsyth (7-0)
8. East Forsyth (6-1)

#4 is probably the shoe that doesn't fit but overall not much to argue about except maybe . RC ahead of MP based on results from the one common opponent in Butler. One was competitive the other was a curb stomping after RC stopped playing sloppy!

Seems to be a trend with my Raiders... They haven't played 4 quarters yet that they didn't get sloppy. It's time to fix that Cruz the teams coming up will take advantage...Tighten up guys... We got this... Go RAIDERS.

#4 is probably the shoe that doesn't fit but overall not much to argue about except maybe . RC ahead of MP based on results from the one common opponent in Butler. One was competitive the other was a curb stomping after RC stopped playing sloppy!

Right now I would probably go with Richmond but I expected them to win by a TD last year in the playoff and they looked completely lost with the MP blocking schemes and passing attack. What really threw me was the MP athletes were able to contain Hood. MP had some speed in their D backfield, was able to close the passing lanes, and schemed very well to keep him from running. I think with Hood a year older he handles that better.

I cannot wait for the regional final four. Wish they could play one on Saturday!!!

Right now I would probably go with Richmond but I expected them to win by a TD last year in the playoff and they looked completely lost with the MP blocking schemes and passing attack. What really threw me was the MP athletes were able to contain Hood. MP had some speed in their D backfield, was able to close the passing lanes, and schemed very well to keep him from running. I think with Hood a year older he handles that better.

I cannot wait for the regional final four. Wish they could play one on Saturday!!!

I think if Till was to get another shot at MP he would be much more aggressive on defense this time around.

Reactions: btango
That would be probably draw crowds like when West Charlotte came to RC back in the day. Only crowds that would be bigger would be the SC and RC games when both are good.

Assuming Richmond goes west

Assuming Richmond goes west

Absolutely. If not, I hope it is an undefeated Richmond v the winner of the west. When Charlotte teams go to Richmond the atmosphere is so much better than playing in Meck.

With or without RC in the west it is still going to be a crazy bracket to go through.

to me there is still a big (?) over Leesville Road I wanna believe that there a #4 school, but I look at their schedule and I'm just not convinced. The only real challenge I see on their schedule was Cardinal Gibbons.

Absolutely. If not, I hope it is an undefeated Richmond v the winner of the west. When Charlotte teams go to Richmond the atmosphere is so much better than playing in Meck.

With or without RC in the west it is still going to be a crazy bracket to go through.

I attended the North Meck @ Richmond in the playoffs. My 1st time at Richmond. The atmosphere was not what i expected. .

I attended the North Meck @ Richmond in the playoffs. My 1st time at Richmond. The atmosphere was not what i expected. .

There was a time when that game would have been packed. Not now. The late 1980's through the early 2000's. WC games in the 1997-98, Indy 2000, Butler 2009, Indy 2009, Myers Park last year was good. Believe me, if Richmond is undefeated playing in the regional final the crowd will be big and the it will get loud.

Reactions: nepsy7
There was a time when that game would have been packed. Not now. The late 1980's through the early 2000's. WC games in the 1997-98, Indy 2000, Butler 2009, Indy 2009, Myers Park last year was good. Believe me, if Richmond is undefeated playing in the regional final the crowd will be big and the it will get loud.

That’s what I was told. Looks they’ll be having a Charlotte team visiting soon. If they go West!

1 Richmond (Rockingham) 7-0 61.4 25.4
2 Mallard Creek (Charlotte) 6-0-1 57.5 35.0
3 West Forsyth (Clemmons) 7-0 54.8 21.2
4 Myers Park (Charlotte) 7-0 54.8 16.7
5 Zebulon B. Vance (Charlotte) 5-1 52.1 26.3
6 East Forsyth (Kernersville) 6-1 46.9 28.8
7 Leesville Road (Raleigh) 7-0 43.9 11.8
8 Cardinal Gibbons (Raleigh) 5-2 43.7 31.1
9 Scotland (Laurinburg) 7-0 41.0 14.1
10 David W. Butler (Matthews)

this is not the list used, there is an adjusted list
West Forsyth third is a joke

I know. I'm seeing so many people get pumped about Richmond like they did when Wake Forest came on the scene. It's like they're being sentimental and reminiscing about back in the day when they won championships. I'm still not convinced that Richmond is the top team in the state, like I've been having doubts about MP and after seeing MP and Butler, I still have doubts about MP. I still think Richmond is a year away.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
West Forsyth third is a joke[/QUOTE

Honda is the same clown that was all hung up on Vance a few weeks ago. Yes, that Vance team that had to win in Overtime to Mooresville Friday. Yep, that Mooresville team that West Forsyth put a running clock on in the 3rd Quarter.

trust me we dont wanna b anyone's favorite, we're comfortable lurking in the shadows...out of sight out of mind. We have 4 weeks 2 get things right, plus we usually dont peak til the playoffs (4 regional finals, 1 championship appearance in 5 yrs). So if west/ east Forsyth wanna b ranked ahead of us cool with me. We'll jus go 2 Forsyth county n beat the hell out of both of em'

Last edited:
trust me we dont wanna b anyone's favorite, we're comfortable lurking in the shadows...out of sight out of mind. We have 4 weeks 2 get things right, plus we usually dont peak til the playoffs (4 regional finals, 1 championship appearance in 5 yrs). So of west/ east Forsyth wanna b ranked ahead of us cool with me. We'll jus go 2 Forsyth county n beat the hell out of both of em'
Tell'em how you really feel 704 Coogs!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: Ben-Badd
trust me we dont wanna b anyone's favorite, we're comfortable lurking in the shadows...out of sight out of mind. We have 4 weeks 2 get things right, plus we usually dont peak til the playoffs (4 regional finals, 1 championship appearance in 5 yrs). So if west/ east Forsyth wanna b ranked ahead of us cool with me. We'll jus go 2 Forsyth county n beat the hell out of both of em'
LMAO! Get'em 704!

Last edited:
Reactions: 704CougarsDad
A 4aa West Regional final between Mallard Creek and Richmond at RC would just be epic. Would be a monster crowd.
How about a Mallard Creek and Richmond final at Mallard Creek on the turf. Don't give those Raiders a #1 seed and home field yet. Much football left to be played

If Richmond is ahead of MC now I expect they will be after the last game if both run the table. MC has two decent teams left to play, Hough and Mooresville. Richmond has Hoke, 71st, and Scotland.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT