ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps Elite 8 4A Rankings - Week 7

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Here are the latest rankings in the NCPreps.com Elite 8 for Week 7 of the NC high school football season.

These rankings are sponsored by XPloderBar.

NCPREPS.COM ELITE 8 4A RANKINGS

1. Mallard Creek (4-0-1)
2. Myers Park (5-0)
3. East Forsyth (5-0)
4. Richmond County (5-0)
5. Leesville Road (5-0)
6. Vance (3-1)
7. Scotland County (5-0)
8. West Forsyth (5-0

3 pending Richmond, eastern ridden conference.
I wonder how many 4a schools are considered western anyway
probably a good bit more than eastern

Are Richmond and Scotland really east or some kind of no man's land in the middle of the state that go West half the time?

Are Richmond and Scotland really east or some kind of no man's land in the middle of the state that go West half the time?
Yes, they're kind of in no man's land. They go east some and go west some. Last season they went west.

Reactions: Chopper747
We can only hope Richmond makes the post season and can hang on long enough to play Myers Creek and/or Mallard Park...
Raiders could go east this year. If they do go west, that's going to be one brutal region. If they do go west, then I think something will need to be done about how the format for 4AA is set up in the future. You'd have arguably the top 4 4AA teams in the state in the same region.

Raiders could go east this year. If they do go west, that's going to be one brutal region. If they do go west, then I think something will need to be done about how the format for 4AA is set up in the future. You'd have arguably the top 4 4AA teams in the state in the same region.

Agreed. I would think we have about the only shot in 4aa to go East, but I think we normally go west. That would make for some great playoff games, but back to a possible state championship blowout game. I think Wake Forest has been tremendous and the state championship has been where we wanted it...very competitive when they played MC and Vance. If WF is down, I can’t think of any 4aa East teams that would really be a good match-up for what could be a beat up west team. We will take one for NC football and go East,lol. East would be no shoe in for us either, but it may balance things just a little bit.

So you’re telling me Leesville Road is better than Vance who competed with Mallard Creek just last week...and also Grimsley isn’t on the list this humors me!

For me I kinda like where we stand, could of put us 8th a matter of fact...out of sight out of mind. Again it's not what u do in September its November/December. Could b some key injuries and of course who gets hot at the right time. Weve made a habit of that in the past especially after a key loss.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
So you’re telling me Leesville Road is better than Vance who competed with Mallard Creek just last week...and also Grimsley isn’t on the list this humors me!

Why would Grimsley be on this list? .500 team last year that has had a nice start to the season playing some avg to below avg teams. They get their opportunity to be considered one of the best tomorrow night.

Go get a big win.

Why would Grimsley be on this list? .500 team last year that has had a nice start to the season playing some avg to below avg teams. They get their opportunity to be considered one of the best tomorrow night.

Go get a big win.

Oh I didn’t realize last years results plays such a big factor in rankings the following year I apologize, in that case Mallard Creek is way to high on the list they didn’t even make it to states last year!

Oh I didn’t realize last years results plays such a big factor in rankings the following year I apologize, in that case Mallard Creek is way to high on the list they didn’t even make it to states last year!

Apples to Oranges. I didnt even know who Grimsley was until the thread started earlier this week.

If Grimsley had been to 4 title games in the past 6 years and been to Gaffney, Dutch Fork and Vance this year without a loss I assure you they would be ranked on EVERY list and you wouldnt be on here asking about.

Great start to the season....now go beat someone and you will be ranked.

BG I would have a tendency to agree with you on this one.
Great opportunity for Grimsley tomorrow night though.

100%....I love when a teams fan base gets fired up and starts feeling good. Let's not get crazy though when your not mentioned in the top 8 like someone has made some egregious mistake. Beat East Forsyth and earn the ranking.

Be careful what you ask for. It's a lot easier when you're hunting vs being hunted. Stay under the radar as long as possible. Trick plays, onside kicks, blitz packages...etc. Teams start throwing everything at you. You become every teams super bowl. Teams play their best game ever against your program.

Last edited:
Be careful what you ask for. It's a lot easier when you're hunting vs being hunted. Stay under the radar as long as possible. Trick plays, onside kicks, blitz packages...etc. Teams start throwing everything at you. You become every teams super bowl. Teams play their best game ever against your program.

Yep. Rankings mean nothing if you just keep winning and too much hype just puts a bigger bulls eye on your back. Focus on winning each game, getting better, and let the performance on the field do the talking.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
For me I kinda like where we stand, could of put us 8th a matter of fact...out of sight out of mind. Again it's not what u do in September its November/December. Could b some key injuries and of course who gets hot at the right time. Weve made a habit of that in the past especially after a key loss.
THANK YOU! Very well said....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT