ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com Basketball Polls

What else should they be called? That is what they are. The rest of us are really happy to know that you guys are proud of your accomplishments, maybe everyone else is wrong. If you combine the populations of every community that makes up the Mountain Valley conference, we would have about 1/3 the kids to choose from that Prep has with the open enrollment policy. At Alleghany we get to pick our 430 students from a total of 430 students that are available to us. How many students do you get to pick yours from? LOL

Glad you are so proud of your accomplishments. Personally I think this is a broken system that allows for this kind of inequity, and I have no hatred toward a single player or coach for The All Stars, however I have to say that I find it a bit sickening for you to get on here and brag about it, and unfortunately for you every reader gets to decide whether it is bragging or not, that is not your decision.

Quite a few people have mentioned how this is the deepest the 1A west boys has been in a while. I disagree completely, it might be deeper in mid level teams but definitely not it terms of top tier teams. I see very few truly elite 1A west teams last year or this year, with the obvious exception.

The time frame that Monroe, North Rowan and Hendersonville were in the 1A west it was a lot tougher at the top. Not only were those teams super athletic and good every year but you also had Winston Salem Prep as usual, Cherryville when they were still on top and some really good Mt Airy, Murphy and Bishop teams. A lot of really good and athletic teams that made the west flush with talent.

A few of the west teams that made it to regionals last year (and will this year) wouldn't have made it to the sectional final during those years in my honest opinion. So I have to strongly disagree with those saying this is the deepest and toughest the west has been in years.

To be fair most of the people saying that are fans of some johnny come lately team, that clearly aren't very well versed in the the long term history and toughness of 1A basketball.

This post was edited on 1/18 2:37 PM by mbdfan

You are correct that there was a period where a mistake got Monroe into the 1a classification for a while and there was some good teams to go with them. In my opinion WSP was not nearly what they are now at that point but they were involved. Did not see North Rowan or Hendersonville play in that window assuming that you are talking about a period of time around 2009 or 2010.

Since you decided to make that last statement, I find it interesting that a murphy fan wants to talk basketball when history is all there is to discuss. Probably safe to assume that I was following 1a basketball or even 2a before that with our 450 students, while you were still being fed from a nipple. Your opinions are welcome, your condescending comments can be reserved for a season when a murphy fan might have a reason to make one.

I believe North Rowan and Monroe were actually in the same conference as Albemarle. Monroe was in the rocky river conference and north Rowan just went to 2a within the last couple of years. And actually before the last year north Rowan was 1a the series between the 2 girls squads were even back to the 06 season of 3-3 and of course north Rowan won the last 3 meetings. The one meeting I know of between Albemarle girls and a mountain team was when they played Cherryville I believe and Albemarle won by 15 I believe.

Originally posted by Deana_King:
Then they should post scrimmage results on MaxPreps. Incorrect records could be costly with the NCHSAA in seeding procedures.[/B][/QUOTE]
Deana[/B]
Deleting my post was bull crap when you and several others have also been giving Maxprep exposure all basketball season. That don't give you much credibility in the eyes of people that look up to you . I think I deserve an apology for maybe you having a bad day and doing something you have and still overlook when you
and others give MaxPrep exposure and delete mine. That only make NCPrep look bad....
NCprep needs to up there game and post the thing MaxPrep posts then we want
have to go there to get schedules and standings.Other than going there for that info NcPrep is a far better website,
You have better info on you football section and if NCPrep did the same for basketball it would be a far better and MaxPrep
would not be needed as far as I am concerned . If you don't like my post then you need to take a better look at a couple posters that
seem to not have a team of there on but come on only to break NCPrep Rule #3 No
attacking other posters.[/B] If you
feel the need to harass another poster, don't do it. What is considered attacking other posters? [/B]Bringing
up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to
get a reaction from them. Consistently responding to their posts and responding
with no merit other than to belittle them. In short, making a poster a target.

Most Starmount fans are Bear haters and some that shouldn't show it because of there status should not let it show but they do , maybe not realizing it !

This post was edited on 1/19 9:19 AM by photo0001

Reference to this thread

This was wrote by you Deana

Do Not Post Copyrighted Material (Photos/Articles)!!
Do not post or use any copyrighted images, photos, articles, etc. If you want to post about a story on another website, you may post a link, but do not post the article word for word.

It has come to my attention that some photos were used on this site without permission of the photographer. The poster known as Footsoldier has been using copyrighted photos from the Charlotte Observer and other photographers. Those images have been removed. If you copied any of his images or reposted any of his posted images, you need to delete these files immediately.

Thanks!!!

Deana King
Publisher

This is just what I did Deana and you deleted it ! !
I posted a link to the Northwest Boys and Girls Standings through MaxPrep

Link: You may post a link ! ! !

This post was edited on 1/21 1:05 PM by photo0001

Re: 1A Undefeated Teams or One Loss Teams as of 12-19-14[/URL]
Xman8balla posted on 12/19/2014...

do you have there scores that way if they weren't reported on maxpreps.com I can do it to get them updated I know the main guy that runs it Jason hickman. Thanks for the heads up once I get scores ill update bro.

[/B]
Re: 1A Undefeated Teams or One Loss Teams as of 12-19-14[/URL]BK13T-$ posted on 12/20/2014...

Maxpreps [/B]show the Cherokee boys at 6-0. They last beat Van Bueren Co. boys 68 to 47, and the Cherokee girls beat Goven Day 63 to 54.
I saw these scores on the ACT website today. It said Friday scores.
Advertising for MaxPrep !!! Were not deleted

Thing is per Deana's rule they did nothing wrong... Nor did I ! !
This post was edited on 1/19 12:21 PM by photo0001

Originally posted by photo0001:

Re: 1A Undefeated Teams or One Loss Teams as of 12-19-14[/URL]
Xman8balla posted on 12/19/2014...

do you have there scores that way if they weren't reported on maxpreps.com I can do it to get them updated I know the main guy that runs it Jason hickman. Thanks for the heads up once I get scores ill update bro.

[/B]
Re: 1A Undefeated Teams or One Loss Teams as of 12-19-14[/URL]BK13T-$ posted on 12/20/2014...

Maxpreps [/B]show the Cherokee boys at 6-0. They last beat Van Bueren Co. boys 68 to 47, and the Cherokee girls beat Goven Day 63 to 54.
I saw these scores on the ACT website today. It said Friday scores.
Advertising for MaxPrep !!! Were not deleted

Thing is per Deana's rule they did nothing wrong... Nor did I ! !
=============================================================

After deleting my Thread Deana posted this. LOL
[/B]
Re: Where did they go[/B][/URL]
Deana_King posted on 1/11/2015...
Photo,
If you want to type the standings out that's fine like others are doing. You posted a link to another media site basically giving them "free advertising".

This post was edited on 1/19 2:02 PM by photo0001

Watch for me, the above posts or both to be deleted because some people can't admit they made a mistake in the wording of a rule. Either way I hope this makes NcPrep's basketball a better place to visit and get all the info about our teams schedules and standings. And be less bias. My thread should have stayed with being asked not to do it again then her rule should have been reworded her ok to post a link. Ignoring my posts don't make what you did right Deana.

come on photo you are acting like a kid in walmart that did not get the toy he wanted. This is a great board, and we are given the freedom to throw our ideas out there without being overly restricted. She felt like the post was inappropriate. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't its gone its over, lets move on. Does it really matter that much after all. It was not even an opinion it was standings. Just because the posters from another school are not big fans of yours is no reason to act like this.

I agree that this is a great board and lots of good conversation but the basketball coverage is severely lacking, the other site is much better in that department with all the scores statewide every day and up to date records for each team

Agreed. Somehow they got setup with the state where coaches are required to put the information in there on a timely basis. It is hard to duplicate that on another site because the coaches are not required to put the information in. I see the two sites as completely different. The other one provides all the information, and this one gives us a chance to argue about it. I find it interesting that there is probably twice as much posting at the 1a level as there is at any level. There are lots and lots of people that come here to find information that have never posted a single time. People tell me that you get more than raw numbers here. The opinions and information that is posted on here may not always be terribly accurate and will certainly be biased depending on who posted it, but it is information that you are not always gonna find anywhere else.

It's all about principle, rules and fairness nothing more nothing less . It has nothing to do with me taking a short cut. Sometime I get I a hurry for one reason or the other. I spent 2 & 1/2 to 3 hours on Friday nights posting scores for 3 conferences
M Valley/Northwest/WPAC trying to do something helpful on here as I was in posting that thread. That maxprep page I followed the rules and posted a link to had more info than I had time to do. I have laid out all the facts to why it was ok per Deana's rule and still a few want to take up for her because she is a Mod. Mod or not they are not perfect and can make mistakes . I just wanted her to admit it like her position should call for. If any of you felt as strongly as I do that you did nothing wrong then you would do the same. Have you ever made a mistake Deana ? Guess not. Most people stand there ground when they feel they are right and If you was 100% right you would have came on and gave us a good explanation how your rule said we could post a link when it was not ok . I wanted to just post good info and scores this school year and be left alone. Deleting my thread was just petty ! ! ! !

By subscribing, registering or using the sites, you agree that Rivals and or the publisher(s) and board moderators of the sites have the right, in addition to other rights, to delete your posts or blacklist you or any other user at any time, if they believe that action is in the best interest of the sites, for whatever reason, and the reason need not be disclosed.

It means I can delete anything I want to at any time and I don't have to tell a reason why!!

Originally posted by NWWatchdog:

Originally posted by Alleghany84:

The poll from the other site that you refer to is a joke. You are better off to lose to a good team than beat a fair team. It also does not take margins of loses and wins into account. Any time you take the human element out of something, you get a mess like that poll.

Should Prep probably be higher? Yes, but that is before you charge them with the unfair advantage penalty.
So you're saying that a team who is 10-1 against a bunch of cream puffs SHOULD be ranked higher than a 10-4 team whose losses are to 4A schools and a private school ranked top 3 in the nation? It's not like Prep is 6-5 and still ranked #1 in the other poll. The Maxprep site takes into account BOTH record and quality of opponents. When comparing them to similar schools, their closest games were against 2A Carver (3 point win), 1A East Surry (11 point win), and 1A Bishop (16 point win). Other than East Carteret, I don't see an 1A team that will challenge Prep. Maybe I'm wrong...maybe an Alleghany or Starmount or Cherokee or Albemarle will prove differently when playoffs come around. Regardless, there was no logical reason to have Prep at #7. At least the updated NCPreps poll has gotten more realistic by moving Prep up to #4.

There's no perfect system, but the "human element" that you advocate also allows for bias against a team like Prep. I'm not a Prep fan at all, but you shouldn't begrudge their team for a flawed system. Yes, they have an advantage with open enrollment in WSFCS. Yes, they can legally recruit within [/B]the WSFCS (although their track record of success does enough to draw in quality talent each year). But in spite of the inherent advantages, you still have to judge them on their talent and success at the 1A level and the only 1A team that is on par with them at present time is East Carteret.

This post was edited on 1/14 10:18 AM by NWWatchdog
Awesome , they can legally recruit . I wish equal rights for all actually existed . This is the biggest joke I've ever encountered in any organization with a supposed governing body . All the NCHSAA is good for is collecting fees . We could bring three guys over the bridge from West Carteret and two over from Croatan H.S. all who live within twenty minutes of East Carteret H.S. and I'd lay money on them against any high school team in any classification in North Carolina . Of course that would not be legal .

In reading these rules it seems you are going to pick and chose which rules are followed because you allow over half these rules to be broken daily, mainly rule 3. It is not right to pick and chose who you want to let be harassed. That is all I have to say but I hope everyone reads these rules and see how many you enforce and who they are enforced on.To read back and see some of the crap you have overlooked that breaks the rules just blows my mind and I hope when it happens from now on everyone will have the guts to call you out on it. I still did nothing wrong , just singled out in my mind because as a big Ram fan it shows you don't think much of the Bears and it is well know up this way. All rules should be in writing and none made up as you go because you can break a rule called freedom of speech which over rides clearly unwritten rules.Have nothing else to say on this subject Deana except you need to quit letting maxprep bother you and start improving NCPrep so we want have to go to maxprep to get better info in basketball. Have a good day any read your rules more so you can see how bad they are broken by a chosen few ! ! Lots of respect lost for you by me and several others I have talked to. I am not the only one that thought it was uncalled for. But you win , make your rules as you go but look for more and more to drop from NCPrep basketball site for poor coverage and treatment of some teams.
This post was edited on 1/20 11:13 PM by photo0001

NCPrep Rules

Thanks for deleted your miss leading rule from the football section. This would have never went this far if not for you rule I did not break . The rule had been there for as long as I can remember on 1A ,2A ,3A & 4A written by you Deana. I only followed that rule only to have my post deleted.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
This was wrote by you Deana

Do Not Post Copyrighted Material (Photos/Articles)!!
Do not post or use any copyrighted images, photos, articles, etc. If you want to post about a story on another website, you may post a link, but do not post the article word for word.

It has come to my attention that some photos were used on this site without permission of the photographer. The poster known as Footsoldier has been using copyrighted photos from the Charlotte Observer and other photographers. Those images have been removed. If you copied any of his images or reposted any of his posted images, you need to delete these files immediately.

Thanks!!!

Deana King
Publisher

This is just what I did Deana and you deleted it ! !
I posted a link to the Northwest Boys and Girls Standings through MaxPrep

Link: You may post a link ! ! !

I'm sorry photo but didn't you just post standings? I understand you are upset because the post with the link was deleted but why don't you just copy and paste them or type them in? I could really care less but just doesn't seem like a big deal to me. To me this is there site and it is their right to delete whatever they want that they deem not acceptable for their site. Which is fine as it's our choice whether or not to utilize their site.

Good luck to your teams this year...

Awesome , they can legally recruit . I wish equal rights for all actually existed . This is the biggest joke I've ever encountered in any organization with a supposed governing body . All the NCHSAA is good for is collecting fees . We could bring three guys over the bridge from West Carteret and two over from Croatan H.S. all who live within twenty minutes of East Carteret H.S. and I'd lay money on them against any high school team in any classification in North Carolina . Of course that would not be legal .
It's not WS Prep, but more accurately Winston Salem/Forsyth County Schools - they allow open enrollment throughout their entire system which allows all schools (not just prep) to pull from anyone living in the WSFCS boundaries. It's not equitable, but we shouldn't blame Prep for this. This is something the NCHSAA needs to address state-wide.

Originally posted by NWWatchdog:

It's not WS Prep, but more accurately Winston Salem/Forsyth County Schools - they allow open enrollment throughout their entire system which allows all schools (not just prep) to pull from anyone living in the WSFCS boundaries. It's not equitable, but we shouldn't blame Prep for this. This is something the NCHSAA needs to address state-wide.
Not blaming WS Prep by any means . They are just benefitting from the inability of the NCHSAA to enforce the rules they expect the other 99 counties to abide by while allowing one county to participate while not following the rules of the rest of the state. Just because something is legal doesn't make it right . How the heck can someone actually justify a rule for 99% of schools to follow? Ridiculous . I also see where the girls from WSP now are ranked Number One in the state .

The NCHSAA is trying to figure out what can be done about the WSP type of situations but there are many more starting to crop up with the charter schools. Most larger counties like Forsyth have mostly 4A and 3A schools. One of the issues is the number of schools in Forsyth County.

Several years ago I wrote on this site and told everyone that was complaining about the parochial schools that this would be small compared to what was to come. Two of the parochials are now playing 4A leaving on Bishop in 1A but we are seeing a lot of schools in the non football 1A playoffs making deep runs and knocking out the small town/county schools.

Forsyth County needs to institute a one year sit out for all students that transfer schools if a change of permanent address is not made. This is for a regular district school, magnet, or charter.

I also think Bishop should be playing up at least one class, just as I thought Catholic and CG should, and that parochial schools should only have athletes that have been a member of a Catholic Church for at least two years. I have less problem with the distance a student lives from the parochial school than I do their faith. If you are going to a parochial school you need to be Catholic to play on the sports teams. Currently the rule is 25 miles if they do not reside in the county the school is located in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT