ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps 2A Poll - Week 6

As mentioned before, Shelby lost a kid, a great db to Stuart Cramer. He tried to go to Crest, initially. Upset he couldn’t play runningback, so he left Shelby. Anyway, his loss was HUGE. Fastest player on the team, with multiple ints and KO returns for touchdowns, before an injury took him out for the season last year. That loss has really haunted Shelby. You just don’t lose a player like that without it hurting you some. A loss for him, too. He would get more exposure at Shelby, in my opinion.

You think he should have been playing running back?

@tarheel fan1 Can’t believe your backup quarterback stayed. He has all the tools and the size. We know who’s getting the “team before self award’ at the Rams banquet after the season. Book it!

@tarheel fan1 Can’t believe your backup quarterback stayed. He has all the tools and the size. We know who’s getting the “team before self award’ at the Rams banquet after the season. Book it!

I think he thought he could have gotten the job. He may actually be better too. He saved us the Eastern Alamance game. I hope he does get a shot to play somewhere though, because he does have the height and attributes to play next level.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Nah…. Play him as an athlete. Give him a few carries, throw him a couple of deep passes, have him in the return game, and focused on db. Have to be more humble, and recognize you were already in a great situation. Grass ain’t always greener.

Yeah, I'd never leave Shelby for Stuart Cramer. I can understand maybe going to crest though. But, coming off a state championship no one should transfer, unless they just didn't play and wouldn't play this year.

I think the big thing with NCPreps Ranking is they favor schools who have star players (for the state) and are perennially good. You do get some exceptions...I think they just favor them.
It's been stated by Deana herself that the school's name plays a part. A 5-0 Reidsville team with an opponent's record of 5-20 will be ranked ahead of a 5-0 Greene Central team with an opponent's record of 20-5.

It's been stated by Deana herself that the school's name plays a part. A 5-0 Reidsville team with an opponent's record of 5-20 will be ranked ahead of a 5-0 Greene Central team with an opponent's record of 20-5.
aka "perennially good" as I mentioned.

And if you told me to rank a 5-0 Reidsville team they would only be second to a 5-0 Shelby, I think most would agree.

Not all teams are equal and we all can't be tied for #1 at the beginning of the season when we are all 0-0.

I think Chase is going to surprise a lot of people, They are not the team they were last year. I know they haven’t played anyone yet but they have 2 dual threat quarterbacks, they are fast, big, coached very well & .everyone knows how good the running back is. I hope they do meet a powerhouse like Shelby or Reidsville, will be a good game.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT