ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA Speaks About Implications of Storm on High School Playoff Schedules

Give us the skinny.....I ain't paying for it.
You would think Charlotte Observer/N&O would remove the paywall for anything Helene related so people can get information and make decisions. I am cool with paywall restrictions for Panthers content, Charlotte area crime, new business opening/closing or anything not related to Helene.

Sorry I posted what I thought was the version without the pay wall. Que Tucker gave an interview saying that the high school playoffs will more than likely be pushed back. She says that this will be determined by the NCHSAA Board of Governors. She states that until the NCHSAA actually knows the extent of damage which may be awhile the NCHSAA doesn’t know how far playoffs will be pushed back. The storm is affecting schools in every classification. She has spoken with coaches and AD’s who think it may be months before their schools are ready to reopen. Many of the roads are impassable and some of the fields are underwater. There is a scheduled board of directors meeting scheduled for later this week by Zoom.

I can't imagine very many of the mountains schools will be able to play the rest of the year without having to travel every game. Many still can't even get out of their homes so they may not even be able to field teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT