ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA needs to take action

cuda 1

Jan 25, 2010
Something needs to be done about these teams who forfeit games after exchanging film. These teams are ruining homecoming and senior nights for teams. I have coached in 5 states over my 20 year career and have never heard of forfeiting a varsity level event until this year. Severe sanctions need to be put in place! A team that plays on Saturday exchanges film that night with no mention of needing to forfeit, calls on Tuesday to discuss forfeiting the last game of the season? The entire athletics program needs to have sanctions, maybe schools would think twice about cancelling football games if it cost them their eligibility in other sports!

Last edited:
Welcome to small 1a football. With all the recruiting, transferring, and charter schools this has became a reality. If the NCHSAA starts fining teams then the smaller teams like SD wont even try to form a team. If the cards would have fell correctly then SD would still have a team. But according to other posts they hit the injury bug and had no choice. I can see it both ways and I completely understand where you are coming from.

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogsFollower
What team just did this?

It sucks but if a team is down to a very minimum numbers of players what do they do? In this case I would play the varsity game and forfeit the JV game. Seniors last night.

Give us more info on why they are potentially folding and do they have a JV team?

Reactions: Slasher Killer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT