ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA Championship Times/Locations

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Times by Classification:

1A – Duke University (Brooks Field at Wallace-Wade Stadium)

1AA – NC State University (Carter-Finley Stadium)

2A – NC State University (Carter-Finley Stadium)

2AA – NC State University (Carter-Finley Stadium)

3A – UNC-Chapel Hill (Kenan Stadium)

3AA – UNC-Chapel Hill (Kenan Stadium)

4A – Duke University (Brooks Field at Wallace-Wade Stadium)

4AA – Duke University (Brooks Field at Wallace-Wade Stadium)

Times by Venue:

NC State University

• 11:00 AM (SAT) – Northeastern High School vs Reidsville High School (2A)
  • 2:30 PM (SAT) – North Davidson High School vs Shelby High School (2AA)
  • 6:00 PM (SAT) – Tarboro High School vs East Surry High School (1AA)

UNC-Chapel Hill

• 7:30 PM (FRI) – Southeast Guilford High School vs Weddington High School (3AA)
  • 11:00 AM (SAT)– Jacksonville High School vs Charlotte Catholic High School (3A)

Duke University

• 7:30 PM (FRI) – Wake Forest High School vs Vance High School (4AA)
  • 3:00 PM (SAT) – Pamlico County High School vs Murphy High School (1A)
  • 7:00 PM (SAT) – Scotland County High School vs East Forsyth High School (4A)

Really disappointing that the Vance/Wake game isn’t on Saturday. I was hoping for a East Forsyth/Scotland and Vance/Wake double header.

Agree why would they not do a doubleheader on Saturday. Very disappointing

UNC was not available Saturday afternoon and evening. NC State is not available Friday evening.

Really disappointing that the Vance/Wake game isn’t on Saturday. I was hoping for a East Forsyth/Scotland and Vance/Wake double header.

Agree why would they not do a doubleheader on Saturday. Very disappointing

What do we always say about the nchsaa?
$$$$$$$$$
This split gets a 4A crowd both days.

Simplicity and what is better for the teams involved is often the basis of the decisons.

Games were placed with combined travel miles as a guide. The two 4A games have the shortest total travel mileage. The one with the least combined was placed on Friday night. For 3A the game with least amount of combined travel mileage was placed on Friday.

Murphy is going to get the mid day game if at all possible. They are traveling over 300 miles. Their travel distance is over 120 miles farther than Shelby which has the second longest travel distance. Shelby was also slotted for a mid day game. Those start times allow fans to leave in the morning and get home that night without leaving and returning at ridiculous times. I expect Murphy will stay in a hotel Friday night. They normally do.

Does anyone really think they are going to make substanially more gate dollars by splitting the two 4A games? Really?!? Have you seen the attendance at the 4A/4AA games or all games for that matter in recent years. Wake Forest drawfs the crowds when they are at the peak of the two games co-mingling.

I expect the 4A game will have more fans from the two schools than the 4AA even with Wake Forest playing in their own backyard. I think SE Guilford and Weddington draws close to what the 4AA games does as far as fans from the two schools fanbases.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Make it simple! Go back to four champions. Play one game Friday night. Play three on Saturday. Noon, 4pm, and 8pm. Get the coaches on board to drop subdividing.

I guarantee you if the coaches vote to drop subdividing the NCHSAA will gladly do so! GUARANTEED! So lets put the coaches to a vote! Think that is happening? Not a chance. If the next realignment is five classes they still want to subdivide. Do not believe it, have them vote on it!

Simplicity and what is better for the teams involved is often the basis of the decisons.

Games were placed with combined travel miles as a guide. The two 4A games have the shortest total travel mileage. The one with the least combined was placed on Friday night. For 3A the game with least amount of combined travel mileage was placed on Friday.

Murphy is going to get the mid day game if at all possible. They are traveling over 300 miles. Their travel distance is over 120 miles farther than Shelby which has the second longest travel distance. Shelby was also slotted for a mid day game. Those start times allow fans to leave in the morning and get home that night without leaving and returning at ridiculous times. I expect Murphy will stay in a hotel Friday night. They normally do.

Does anyone really think they are going to make substanially more gate dollars by splitting the two 4A games? Really?!? Have you seen the attendance at the 4A/4AA games or all games for that matter in recent years. Wake Forest drawfs the crowds when they are at the peak of the two games co-mingling.

I expect the 4A game will have more fans from the two schools than the 4AA even with Wake Forest playing in their own backyard. I think SE Guilford and Weddington draws close to what the 4AA games does as far as fans from the two schools fanbases.

No need to quote me in this. I know the scheduling is a money and travel issue. I was just stating my disappointment in not being able to see the double header in live at the stadium.

No need to quote me in this. I know the scheduling is a money and travel issue. I was just stating my disappointment in not being able to see the double header in live at the stadium.

Only quoted you fir context as tdl responded to you questioning why not a 4A doubleheader.

Scotland / East Forsyth will have a larger crowd
than WF playing a local game verse Vance.
Weather rainy could hamper things.
Get a room.

Are you looking at this crowd? If it's about mondy,then take it back to a real High School Stadium. I mentioned this once before. I know these kids, coaches and fans, like their own sold out capacity crowds... These games could be played in the back yard. J/k. Maybe I'm wrong, but I say it's more thrilling, more fun , and less expensive, to use Decent high school stadiums or a smaller college venue. Sorry I don't get it. Look across at concrete bleachers...How much does it cost? Anyway...j/m/o. I would like to commend the teams and games I've watched this weekend, and it appears that the Sportsmanship is back and much cleaner than some of the end of season and playoff stuff. ..it's been another year, my team didn't win state, but they done good. Would like to say Merry Christmas to all...Happy Holidays. .. GO RAIDERS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT