ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA and Sinclair Broadcasting announces TV schedule (Updated)

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Sinclair Broadcasting will produce and distribute the NCHSAA Football State Championships on a state-wide affiliate network that includes stations in Asheville, Charlotte, Greensboro/Winston-Salem, Greenville/New Bern, Raleigh, & Wilmington.

In addition to the games airing live on over the air stations in each market, the stations will stream games on their station website. The NFHS Network will simulcast the Sinclair coverage of the championships live through their subscription-based platform.

Below is a listing of the station and broadcast schedule information for each local market.

raw
ASHEVILLE AREA

12:00 PM – 1A – North Duplin vs. Cherokee – WMYA/MY TV (40.1)

3:00 PM – 2AA – East Duplin vs. Hibriten – WMYA/MY TV (40.1)

7:00 PM – 3AA – New Hanover vs. A.C. Reynolds – WMYA/MY TV (40.1)

raw
GREENSBORO/WINSTON-SALEM AREA

12:00 PM – 4AA – Wake Forest vs. Mallard Creek – WXLV/ABC (45.1)

12:00 PM – 1A – North Duplin vs. Cherokee – WMYV/MY TV (48.1)

3:00 PM – 3A – Havelock vs. Charlotte Catholic – WXLV-2/Stadium (45.2)

3:00 PM – 2AA – East Duplin vs. Hibriten – WMYV-3/Comet (48.3)

raw
4:00 PM – 1AA – Tarboro vs. Mt. Airy – WXLV/ABC (45.1)

4:00 PM – 4A – Scotland vs. Harding – WMYV/MY TV (48.1)

7:00 PM – 2A – Wallace-Rose Hill vs. Reidsville – WMYV/MY TV (48.1)

7:00 PM – 3AA – New Hanover vs. A.C. Reynolds – WXLV-2/Stadium (45.2)

raw
raw
GREENVILLE/NEW BERN AREA

12:00 PM – 1A – North Duplin vs. Cherokee – WCTI/ABC (12.1)

3:00 PM – 3A – Havelock vs. Charlotte Catholic – WCTI/ABC (12.1)

4:00 PM – 1AA – Tarboro vs. Mt. Airy – WYDO/Fox (14.1)

raw
RALEIGH AREA

12:00 PM – 4AA – Wake Forest vs. Mallard Creek – WLFL/The CW (22.1)

12:00 PM – 1A – North Duplin vs. Cherokee – WRDC/MY TV (28.1)

raw
4:00 PM – 4A – Scotland vs. Harding – WLFL/The CW (22.1)

4:00 PM – 1AA – Tarboro vs. Mt. Airy – WRDC/MY TV (28.1)

7:00 PM – 2A – Wallace-Rose Hill vs. Reidsville – WLFL/The CW (22.1)

7:00 PM – 3AA – New Hanover vs. A.C. Reynolds – WRDC/MY TV (28.1)

raw
CHARLOTTE AREA

12:00 PM – 4AA – Wake Forest vs. Mallard Creek – WCCB/The CW (18.1)

3:00 PM – 2AA – East Duplin vs. Hibriten – WCCB/Antenna TV (18.2)

3:00 PM – 3A – Havelock vs. Charlotte Catholic – WCCB/ME TV (18.3)

4:00 PM – 4A – Scotland vs. Harding – WCCB/The CW (18.1)

7:00 PM – 3AA – New Hanover vs. A.C. Reynolds – WCCB/The CW (18.1)

7:00 PM – 2A – Wallace-Rose Hill vs. Reidsville – WCCB/Antenna TV (18.2)

raw
WILMINGTON AREA

12:00 PM – 1A – North Duplin vs. Cherokee – WILM (15.1 & 24.1)

3:00 PM – 2AA – East Duplin vs. Hibriten – WILM (15.1 & 24.1)

7:00 PM – 3AA – New Hanover vs. A.C. Reynolds – WILM (15.1 & 24.1)

WRH loves kicking Wilmington teams butt every year in jamboree. That might be why we don't get air time.

So the Wilmington area isn’t showing the WRH game? That’s bull shit

Did you think they would show WRH over NH? They are showing two Duplin teams. I was told that Sinclair had input on the game times to help them with their broadcast schedule.

I just think they would have found a way or opened up another channel to allow all 3 area teams to be seen. Several people in Duplin County work all day every Saturday, also believe it or not still a lot of people without internet. Just seems like WRH got shafted. And that’s coming from a outsider looking in I would have same thought If ND or ED got that treatment.

Reactions: 96panther
Channel 12 choosing to not cover ed or wrh
So much for inviting all our fans to stay and watch the blitz after home games
Guess we're not exciting

Reactions: 96panther
Channel 12 sucks anyway. I would rather not see anything than watch channel 12. I never watch that channel and most likely never will.

Did you think they would show WRH over NH? They are showing two Duplin teams. I was told that Sinclair had input on the game times to help them with their broadcast schedule.

Not according to my guide( DIRECTV) in Duplin County.....I can watch the North Duplin game, the Havelock game, and the Tarboro game. There is no mention of another Duplin team. Pender county could be different though. I don't even see the New Hanover game listed. Really sucks because only 35 miles from Wilmington.

Tarboro and Havelock are both afternoon games with start times st 3 and 4.

The original post lists Games from the Wilmington station that are different than what you listed.

Dogsrunitup, better look again, the way I read it,. It is wcti but it's channel 12 .1, not the regular channel 12.

I don't know if you fellers have noticed a few post down from top of this thread is info on different cities, towns in the east area about is covering the different games and seems really messed up the way they did it. Check it out if you haven't already.

So it looks like I’m going to have to pay 10$ to see what I want to see on top of a Directv bill im already paying. That’s great. And it will be on a computer screen .... once again they have messed up broadcasting the State Championship

So it looks like I’m going to have to pay 10$ to see what I want to see on top of a Directv bill im already paying. That’s great. And it will be on a computer screen .... once again they have messed up broadcasting the State Championship
No
Go oncomputer to the tv station, they’re streaming it on the internet. No reason to pay unless you just want to subscribe to a monthly service which is on the internet too

Reactions: DuplinCountyTiger
New Hanover is a Wilmington school who happens to play at the same time as Wallace

TV networks serving the Wilmington market want to show the team that plays in a city with nearly double the amount of residents as the entire county of Duplin.

Reactions: beamer24
I'd rather watch the WRH/Reidsville game over NH and whoever the heck their playing,I can't even remember right now,the WRH/Reidsville game is probably the only game with 2 really strong state powers for years playing eachother

Reactions: DuplinCountyTiger
Sorry to break it to you,but I'll be there watching it live and in person
At least the games are free, but some of you guys are on here complaining like you're having to be inconvenienced because you can't watch a game on the TV and have to go stream it.

Piss poor for Wallace and Ed sure don't mind using highlights from these teams every Friday night

i agree! they never fail to show ED or WRH on the Blitz!

I can share this much that i know. The Wallace game runs into primetime at 8 and they have no control over primetime shows. National ABC dictates that. People that set viewing schedules for not prime time mostly don't go to high school games. (Talking about ED)Don't blame Brian. He will be at Kenan to see both games. He is a stand up guy and has no say in what goes on the air.

Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT