ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA and Sinclair Broadcasting announces TV schedule (Updated)

If you're a true fan of your high school fan, health permitting, you should make every effort to attend the game in person!

High school football is not a big money generator. Football and basketball do make some money through tv but it is not the big pay day that many think. Spectrum has two states they are still doing high school sports, including state football title games, and they plan to drop those as soon as their contract is up.

NCHSAA has reached out to UNC PBS but they do not have the money to take on the requirements for eight title games and the NCHSAA wants all classifications to have the same basic setup.

I’m writing a email to Sinclair Broadcasting thanking them for making th games available this year. Last year we had ZERO options on seeing the games but this yeR they may be on a live tv channel or streamed live through the tv channel website . That’s great to me and I know who to thank

Time Warner carried the games last year. Thought they broadcast all eight games live?

Time Warner carried the games last year. Thought they broadcast all eight games live?
Time Warner is only available in select locations and last year if you didn't have a time warner account and # you couldn't log in Terrible injustice to most fans. This year total access for free.

If you're a true fan of your high school fan, health permitting, you should make every effort to attend the game in person!

High school football is not a big money generator. Football and basketball do make some money through tv but it is not the big pay day that many think. Spectrum has two states they are still doing high school sports, including state football title games, and they plan to drop those as soon as their contract is up.

NCHSAA has reached out to UNC PBS but they do not have the money to take on the requirements for eight title games and the NCHSAA wants all classifications to have the same basic setup.
btango, honestly, the association has plenty of money and they are well funded by their corporate sponsors. Do you have any idea how much money they have in the endowment fund?????? Millions. I don't want to hear any poor-mouthing from them they're not losing any money, they're making any money, and actually, it should be a public service. I've been to so many high school football games, playoff games, you nor I could count them. I don't have a dog in any of the 8 fights so I'm going to sit back in the warmth of my home, eat and drink whatever I like and try to watch a little bit of all of them. Let the association count their dollars. They'll come out alright, but I do appreciate what they and Sinclair Broadcasting have done this year. Last year was just money grabbing!

The NCHSAA and Sinclair Broadcasting have adjusted the broadcast schedule in local markets following the delay of the 4AA and 4A State Championships by three hours due to inclement weather in the Winston-Salem area. NCHSAA Football State Championships on a state-wide affiliate network that includes stations in Asheville, Charlotte, Greensboro/Winston-Salem, Greenville/New Bern, Raleigh, & Wilmington.

In addition to the games airing live on over the air stations in each market, the stations will stream games on their station website. ALL GAMES WILL BE SIMULCAST ON THE NFHS NETWORK. Subscribers to the Network get access to all live and on-demand content for $9.95 per month which includes State Championships from across the country and North Carolina.

Below is a listing of the station and broadcast schedule information for each local market across North Carolina.

raw
ASHEVILLE AREA

12:00 PM – 1A – North Duplin vs. Cherokee – WMYA/MY TV (40.1)

3:00 PM – 2AA – East Duplin vs. Hibriten – WMYA/MY TV (40.1)

7:00 PM – 3AA – New Hanover vs. A.C. Reynolds – WMYA/MY TV (40.1)

raw
GREENSBORO/WINSTON-SALEM AREA

12:00 PM – 1A – North Duplin vs. Cherokee – WXLV/ABC (45.1) & WMYV/MY TV (48.1)

3:00 PM – 4AA – Wake Forest vs. Mallard Creek – WMYV/MY TV (48.1)

3:00 PM – 3A – Havelock vs. Charlotte Catholic – WXLV-2/Stadium (45.2)

3:00 PM – 2AA – East Duplin vs. Hibriten – WMYV-3/Comet (48.3)

raw
4:00 PM – 1AA – Tarboro vs. Mt. Airy – WXLV/ABC (45.1)

7:00 PM – 2A – Wallace-Rose Hill vs. Reidsville – WMYV/MY TV (48.1)

7:00 PM – 3AA – New Hanover vs. A.C. Reynolds – WXLV-2/Stadium (45.2)

raw
raw
GREENVILLE/NEW BERN AREA

12:00 PM – 1A – North Duplin vs. Cherokee – WCTI/ABC (12.1)

3:00 PM – 3A – Havelock vs. Charlotte Catholic – WCTI/ABC (12.1)

4:00 PM – 1AA – Tarboro vs. Mt. Airy – WYDO/Fox (14.1)

raw
RALEIGH AREA

12:00 PM – 1A – North Duplin vs. Cherokee – WRDC/MY TV (28.1)

3:00 PM – 4AA – Wake Forest vs. Mallard Creek – WLFL/The CW (22.1)

raw
4:00 PM – 1AA – Tarboro vs. Mt. Airy – WRDC/MY TV (28.1)

7:00 PM – 2A – Wallace-Rose Hill vs. Reidsville – WLFL/The CW (22.1)

7:00 PM – 3AA – New Hanover vs. A.C. Reynolds – WRDC/MY TV (28.1)

raw
CHARLOTTE AREA

3:00 PM – 4AA – Wake Forest vs. Mallard Creek – WCCB/The CW (18.1)

3:00 PM – 2AA – East Duplin vs. Hibriten – WCCB/Antenna TV (18.2)

3:00 PM – 3A – Havelock vs. Charlotte Catholic – WCCB/ME TV (18.3)

7:00 PM – 4A – Scotland vs. Harding – WCCB/The CW (18.1)

7:00 PM – 2A – Wallace-Rose Hill vs. Reidsville – WCCB/Antenna TV (18.2)

raw
WILMINGTON AREA

12:00 PM – 1A – North Duplin vs. Cherokee – WILM (15.1 & 24.1)

3:00 PM – 2AA – East Duplin vs. Hibriten – WILM (15.1 & 24.1)

7:00 PM – 3AA – New Hanover vs. A.C. Reynolds – WILM (15.1 & 24.1)

If you have Dishnetwork in the Winston Salem Greensboro markets..you may be out of luck..I don't see any highschool football games on their guide. DISHNETWORK SUCKS!!!

DirectTv shows the games in the listings guide beginning at 12 on channels 45 and 48 in the WS, GBO markets.

This ain’t rocket science, if you’re posting and reading this post you can get all the games streamed. What difference does it make if it’s syreamed or in s tv channel! Point is you can see all the games!

some people have very slow internet. a lot of buffering makes for a bad viewing experience.

I live in the out-back in Missouri. Have Hughes Net over satallite. Watched SWO/Swain in that championship game while back. Hook my laptop to the 42" HD TV and kick back. Hope this stream is as good. First up today is North Duplin vs Cherokee in a few minutes. $9.95 is a great deal for the 3-4 games I will watch.

Clinton is considered the Raleigh viewing area isn’t it? Will Clinton TV have all of the games?

I live in Clinton im getting the WRH vs Reidsville game on direct tv channel 22 WLFL and the New Hanover game is on channel 28 WRDC.....kinda disappointed im not getting the East Duplin or thr Tarboro game.....Im getting Havelock vs Catholic and the Scotland vs Harding game for the afternoon......currently watching ND vs Cherokee

No way am I complaining cause I never had TWC so normally I would not be able to watch

I live in Clinton im getting the WRH vs Reidsville game on direct tv channel 22 WLFL and the New Hanover game is on channel 28 WRDC.....kinda disappointed im not getting the East Duplin or thr Tarboro game.....Im getting Havelock vs Catholic and the Scotland vs Harding game for the afternoon......currently watching ND vs Cherokee

I think you can stream the ED Hibriten game on WCCB charlotte site - ANTENNA TV

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Thanks for cuttijg off the Wallace vs Reidsville game midway thru the 3rd and instead playing some cheesy celebrity show I enjoyed it :mad:

Last year if you didn't have Time Warner you had zero other options. This year you have several options. IMO its great!
I still haven't see Reidsvilles win last year. I will take this years option over TWC any day. If you didn't have a game in your area, you could stream it. Not an option last year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT