American Legion Baseball NC State Tournament

Discussion in 'Open Sports Discussion & Resources Forum' started by Linkman, Jul 12, 2017.

1. west boy

west boy Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The Kentucky, Florida, Georgia, and West Virginia state tournaments are currently going on or happening this weekend I believe.

2. west boy

west boy Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I was under the impression it was Area II's turn. I think Area III's turn is next year if I'm mistaken. Area IV was last year, and Rowan (Area III) hosted in 2015 because Area II was unable to host. Area I hosted this year, so unless they skip Area II, it would be Area III's turn. I haven't heard if anyone has put in a bid or not. I'll be interested to see where the southeast regionals are next year as I think this is the last year in Asheboro.

3. Deuce_24

Deuce_24 Active Member
    Expand Collapse

I figured since Area II passed on hosting in 2015 that they'd just continue with the same rotation. I guess we'll see in the next few days. Thanks!

4. Westro

Westro Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

In Greenville the word was that next year's site will not be announced until the Fall Meeting. I got the impression it was Area III next year. Maybe still time to make a bid if any sites are interested.

The regional is awarded in 2 year increments so I think there is another year in Asheboro. 2013 & 14, 2015 & 16, 2017 &18.

Deuce_24 likes this.
  5. Deuce_24

Deuce_24 Active Member
    Expand Collapse

High Point submitted a bid for the 2018 NC State Tournament.

6. Deuce_24

Deuce_24 Active Member
    Expand Collapse

High Point is set to host the 2018 NC State Legion Tournament. This year, the tournament will debut a pool play format - like the World Series. I really like this because it allows teams to showcase their depth, as well as be able to enjoy being at the tournament for at least 3 days.

High Point is also working on securing a second site in the surrounding HP area so tournament play wouldn’t start until 4:00 each day. It should be a great tournament.

Sportsnut17 likes this.
  7. Eagles/Trojans13

Eagles/Trojans13 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Finch Field and High Point University? Those wouldn't be two bad venues

8. Linkman

Linkman Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Sounds good. I like the idea of the pool play format. But I'm not sure you would want to wait to until 4:00 to start games on the week end....maybe just the week days.

9. BASEBALLFAN1955

BASEBALLFAN1955 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

South Carolina format is the best format accept finals should be 5 games. , west champ should play east champ, all 5 games should be played on west champs home field in 2018, east champs home field in 2019, rotate every other year.

10. Deuce_24

Deuce_24 Active Member
    Expand Collapse

High Point Post 87 has secured High Point University and UNC-Greensboro as additional sites for state tournament games (along with Finch Field of course). This was officially announced at the Area III meeting in March.