ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball NC State Tournament

The Kentucky, Florida, Georgia, and West Virginia state tournaments are currently going on or happening this weekend I believe.

Does anyone know who submitted bids to host the NC State Tournament next year? I know it is Area III's turn in the rotation.

I was under the impression it was Area II's turn. I think Area III's turn is next year if I'm mistaken. Area IV was last year, and Rowan (Area III) hosted in 2015 because Area II was unable to host. Area I hosted this year, so unless they skip Area II, it would be Area III's turn. I haven't heard if anyone has put in a bid or not. I'll be interested to see where the southeast regionals are next year as I think this is the last year in Asheboro.

I was under the impression it was Area II's turn. I think Area III's turn is next year if I'm mistaken. Area IV was last year, and Rowan (Area III) hosted in 2015 because Area II was unable to host. Area I hosted this year, so unless they skip Area II, it would be Area III's turn. I haven't heard if anyone has put in a bid or not. I'll be interested to see where the southeast regionals are next year as I think this is the last year in Asheboro.

I figured since Area II passed on hosting in 2015 that they'd just continue with the same rotation. I guess we'll see in the next few days. Thanks!

In Greenville the word was that next year's site will not be announced until the Fall Meeting. I got the impression it was Area III next year. Maybe still time to make a bid if any sites are interested.

The regional is awarded in 2 year increments so I think there is another year in Asheboro. 2013 & 14, 2015 & 16, 2017 &18.

Reactions: Deuce_24
High Point is set to host the 2018 NC State Legion Tournament. This year, the tournament will debut a pool play format - like the World Series. I really like this because it allows teams to showcase their depth, as well as be able to enjoy being at the tournament for at least 3 days.

High Point is also working on securing a second site in the surrounding HP area so tournament play wouldn’t start until 4:00 each day. It should be a great tournament.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
High Point is set to host the 2018 NC State Legion Tournament. This year, the tournament will debut a pool play format - like the World Series. I really like this because it allows teams to showcase their depth, as well as be able to enjoy being at the tournament for at least 3 days.

High Point is also working on securing a second site in the surrounding HP area so tournament play wouldn’t start until 4:00 each day. It should be a great tournament.

Sounds good. I like the idea of the pool play format. But I'm not sure you would want to wait to until 4:00 to start games on the week end....maybe just the week days.

South Carolina format is the best format accept finals should be 5 games. , west champ should play east champ, all 5 games should be played on west champs home field in 2018, east champs home field in 2019, rotate every other year.

High Point Post 87 has secured High Point University and UNC-Greensboro as additional sites for state tournament games (along with Finch Field of course). This was officially announced at the Area III meeting in March.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT